Which rivalry is more interesting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordOfTheLight
From the two rivalries Anakin vs Dooku or Obi Wan vs Maul which one is more interesting?

Consider both story and background and fight dynamics as parameters for consideration.

Galan007
Kenobi/Maul.

Kurk
Interesting?

Dooku & Anakin.

Anakin always hated Dooku for killing jedi in AotC and cutting off his arm, but Dooku hated Anakin for more complicated reasons: he was scared of him and hated the possibility of Anakin growing to surpass him.

Kenobi/Maul was certainly the most pathetic and/or sad. Kenobi never really gave a shat, but Maul was obssessed over this dude because he took advantage of his overconfidence. Fast forward to TCW, and Maul still hasn't accepted that it was his own shitty attitude cockiness that led to his defeat, not Kenobi.

He obsessed over this till the end as it literally led to his death.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Kurk
Kenobi/Maul was certainly the most pathetic and/or sad. Kenobi never really gave a shat, but Maul was obssessed over this dude because he took advantage of his overconfidence. Fast forward to TCW, and Maul still hasn't accepted that it was his own shitty attitude cockiness that led to his defeat, not Kenobi.

He obsessed over this till the end as it literally led to his death.

Now that you put it that way, it actually makes Maul vs. Kenobi seem pretty stupid.

DarthAnt66
I love the idea of Dooku being the Order's greatest prodigy in hundreds of years and spending 70+ years in fully mastering the Force, only to have Anakin come by and outstrip him in a few years.

I guarantee you it hurt Dooku's ego even in that TCW fight on Naboo when Anakin almost choked Dooku out on the ground.

relentless1
Anakin Doooku for sure, both are more interesting characters than Maul/Kenobi too... in legends at least

Emperordmb
Maul and Kenobi easily

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I love the idea of Dooku being the Order's greatest prodigy in hundreds of years and spending 70+ years in fully mastering the Force, only to have Anakin come by and outstrip him in a few years.

I guarantee you it hurt Dooku's ego even in that TCW fight on Naboo when Anakin almost choked Dooku out on the ground.

quanchi112

Zenwolf
Never really saw either as much a rivalry tbh.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

This.

Also Dooku's death in the novelization - very bueno.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.