Swordfighting Videos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Just post videos of cool swordfights, can be independent films, or just plain two people fighting with swords.

Here we see experts Lee Smith and Richard Marsden in a heated saber duel:

n5w2Mh6CyXo

bluewaterrider
First and second "rounds" of my favorite saber duel ever,
while YouTube allows it to last:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyitSlMtMY

Unnoticed by most is how well choreographed this is not just as an action sequence, but also as a resonant storytelling device.

This is not a battle of equals, but one of a novice versus a master, who

demonstrates mastery by using only one hand to the novice's two before dumping them on the ground,
lightly relieves them of their weapon,
praises their skill as a student, delays easy follow-up strikes to give his "pupil" the chance to continue the fight and demonstrate the skills he has acquired,
and allows the novice to temporarily gain the upper hand to ultimately guide the overall movement of the battle where "Master" wants it to go.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

rgyitSlMtMY

Unnoticed by most is how well choreographed this is not just as an action sequence, but also as a resonant storytelling device.

demonstrates mastery by using only one hand to the novice's two before dumping them on the ground,
praises their skill as a student, delays easy follow-up strikes to give his "pupil" the chance to continue the fight and demonstrate the skills he has acquired,
and allows the novice to temporarily gain the upper hand to ultimately guide the overall movement of the battle where "Master" wants it to go.

Jmanghan
This is the most realistic depiction of a longsword fight ever, apparently:

Cn36Pb8z3yI

Jmanghan
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgyitSlMtMY

I mean, don't really want people getting the wrong idea and moving this to the "movies", section, which is why I said it's best to stick to independent films, if any films at all.

Jmanghan
t4ydgQd-A3Y

Super fast-paced, love this one.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I mean, don't really want people getting the wrong idea and moving this to the "movies", section, which is why I said it's best to stick to independent films, if any films at all.

mmm

Annoying - I'd contemplated several submissions before seeing your reply here.
I'd also have liked your opinion on Donnie Yen's "Kill Zone" knife fight and how that compared to the sword fights you've seen, for the knife the villain used against Donnie's character supposedly IS a form of short sword, and, at any rate, the dynamics are similar and have been praised for their authenticity.

Well, so the time I spent isn't completely wasted, I'll leave the snapshot I took as commentary on ESB, and give the first two submissions I collected, but then leave you to let your thread develop however it develops. You needn't worry about this thread getting relocated because of one or two posts on my part, and any attention should only help you get this thread notice and contributors.

https://s7d3.turboimg.net/t1/38777384_image.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmBgLEsthU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAMGkUZulvw

Alright, that's it for me.

Take care.

Jmanghan
7NmbXXXE7pQ

Jmanghan
966ulgwEcyc

Jmanghan
cFGPCTMp2cw

Robtard
Final scene of the film 'Duel to the Death' (1983):
fc99HcPgKmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc99HcPgKmk

Plot: In 16th century, during the Ming Dynasty era, every ten years the greatest swordsman from Japan faces the greatest swordsman from China in a duel to the death for their nation's honor. As a duel approaches, Chinese champion Ching Wan (Damian Lau) and Japanese champion Hashimoto (Norman Chu) uncover a plot to rig the fight.

Jmanghan
xc8akxwI56s

Jmanghan
VHZKHmqa0KY

Jmanghan
iAjSFZWYHyk

rudester
I love using my sword to fight other swords, poking and fighting till someone loses an eye.

Fated Xtasy
My gay ass thought this meant dicks lmao

rudester
No that's sick what have you got on your mind??

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by rudester
No that's sick what have you got on your mind??

Dick, penis, and balls lmao. So if ya wanna show off.....wink

Jmanghan
87qDiT2qTuQ

Quincy
finally a thread for someone like MEEEEEEE

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Quincy
finally a thread for someone like MEEEEEEE yup

RanebowSmack
WDlZ_SXx5gA

Jmanghan
Ya'll are just posting movie fights?

Do I not have any swordplay enthusiasts here?

walshy
That's a pretty niche genre tbh

Jmanghan
Originally posted by walshy
That's a pretty niche genre tbh Agreed but meh, how can you not like swords?

Guns are cool, for me, but not nearly as cool as swords.

Particularly longswords and greatswords, not Katanas.

Jmanghan
vwuQPfvSSlo

XLR87T3
Spears are objectively superior than swords

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XLR87T3
Spears are objectively superior than swords There are so many variables that go into that. But generally you're right.

Almost always swords are a secondary weapon.

wqm-Kqp7zpw

Jmanghan
2nshBD9EbxE

8AK-WaBy0GM

Jmanghan
--qfjf8SSuU

Flyattractor
t0L5OAfjgxU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.