Marvel vs. DC: Green Lantern Ring Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pillow Biter
The following lose all superhuman abilities, but are granted GL rings. After 15-20 year careers as GLs, they engage in 3 on 3 battle:

DC

Clark Kent
Bruce Wayne
Hal Jordan

Marvel

Victor Von Doom
Thanos
Steve Rogers

Bonus: Rank the 6 in terms of formidability as a GL.

One Big Mob
All of them have immense willpower. The problem is the only one we can really judge is Hal, who is retarded in that aspect.

We can't very well assume anyone would be equal to him, so you have to assume he tips the scales and is the far and away winner here.

riv6672
^^^or
We can just go KMC style, and say:

Doom solos.

Baziemarc123
Hal willpower far exceeds Supes

panthergod
Originally posted by Baziemarc123

laughing out loud laughing

He exceeds him since the end of the Johns run, yes, but Superman is absolutely competitive, and had his time where he was a rival/peer. Clark was chosen before Hal to be a GL by the ring in Post Crisis.

Baziemarc123

riv6672
GL is featless, period, Supes actually has a track record against established fighters

laughing

Enzeru
Originally posted by One Big Mob

All of them have immense willpower. The problem is the only one we can really judge is Hal, who is retarded in that aspect.

We can't very well assume anyone would be equal to him, so you have to assume he tips the scales and is the far and away winner here.

I don't think that willpower is the only aspect, which should factor in. Ruthlessness should play a big role as well and the Marvel team has Doom and Thanos, two guys, who are more likely to go twp steps further than anyone else in order to win.

I think Batman would hold the DC team back a lot with his rule of no killing. Superman has less issues with killing, but he is still the big blue boyscout. Even Captain America is more likely to kill than Superman.

I personally go with the Marvel team. Hal Jordan might or even should have the willpower advantage, but I don't think that it would give the DC team a big enough of an advantage to overcome Dooms and Thanos ruthlessnesses... and even more importantly their strategies and tactics. I don't think it's crazy to say that they're both at the very least on Batmans level, if not above Batman by quite a bit.

The Spectre+
supes has the willpower, but the unwillingness tn hurt/kill is his undoing.

riv6672
^^^no its not, any more than that ever factors into these fights.

Mindship
Leaning toward Marvel, a triumvarite of strategists.

riv6672

Wheeler
Originally posted by Baziemarc123

What has that got to do with the fight considering Hal and Supes are on the same team?

Flyattractor
Team DC wins this cause THIS GUY just got a Ring...

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/green-lantern-lobo-kicks-dex-starr-injustice-ii-2.jpg

Marvel gets ROYALLY FRAGGED!!!!!

riv6672
Originally posted by Wheeler
What has that got to do with the fight considering Hal and Supes are on the same team?
Not a ****ing thing, obviously. stick out tongue

staxamillion
the characters losing their powers and then get rings for 20 years leads me to think they would try to use the rings to reproduce their powers

I believe doom might be the only one close to hal in terms of will and his stats are always bumped up to superhuman or higher when he usurps powers, he should still be able to do so with the ring, maybe even more so since that is one of rings main functions. this may give marvel the edge but not by much

it is hard for me to consider anything different for doom since he just usurps powers.

riv6672

Mindset
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^or
We can just go KMC style, and say:

Doom solos. thumb up

riv6672
^^^Your sig is hilarious...!

SquallX
Superman has one of the strongest wills in comics. I can see him coming on top in this.

Pillow Biter
I didn't so much mean that they 'lost' their powers so much as they never had them. So 15-20 years ago, at the beginning of their twenties, the characters get GL rings.

So they don't have the skills or powers or attitude they acquired during much of their careers; it's more about their potential.

staxamillion
does this mean supes is kryptonian but has never had powers just the fact he knows hes an alien?

id be interested to see how he and batman would manifest GL powers with their backgrounds.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by staxamillion
does this mean supes is kryptonian but has never had powers just the fact he knows hes an alien?

id be interested to see how he and batman would manifest GL powers with their backgrounds. Seems like they just lose their powers permanently from their last appearance in comics and then have however many years to train with a GL Ring. Which would make all of their willpower feats applicable.

In other words, Hal solos. Everyone here is great, but Hal is God.

staxamillion
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I didn't so much mean that they 'lost' their powers so much as they never had them.

of course hal is god in this scenario it changes nothing for him period.

captain America would be on par with batman imo

SquallX

One Big Mob

SquallX
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Hal's will was a replacement and perhaps greater than the Central Power Battery. Hal is will now.

I am not taking anything away from Hal. But for everything Hal accomplishes, Kal have done the same, if not better.

Superman being tortured by Gog for close to a thousand years without ever giving up just so the torture would end is one example.

xJLxKing

SquallX

panthergod
Yeah, Johns had made 100% clear that Hal is #1 in Will by the culmination of his run. IT is what it is. Superman has been competitive, even being portrayed as number 1 while Hal was dead. now, Hal is a living CBP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.