Octopath Traveler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
This game looks fantastic so far.

Octopath Traveler is a role-playing game that sports an "HD-2D" aesthetic, defined by the developers as combining 16-bit Super NES-style character sprites and textures with polygonal environments and high-definition effects. The game puts players in the role of one of eight adventurers, who each begin their journey in different ways. Each character has a unique command that can be used when interacting with NPCs. For example, Olberic can challenge characters to battle against him, while Primrose can allure characters to follow her, allowing her to summon them during battles.

The game features turn-based battles, in which the player can attack using different kinds of weapons or elemental attacks, as well as use abilities and items. Playable characters receive a Boost Point at the end of every turn, of which they can store up to five at a time. During their turn, a player can use up to three Boost Points to boost a command, allowing their character to attack multiple times, raise their defense, or increase the potency of an ability. Enemies have a shield counter that lowers whenever they are attacked with a weapon or element they are weak against. When the counter is depleted, they will enter a stunned state where they can receive more damage and lose a turn.

Z0nm7gXX0Vs

You can download the Demo right now on the Nintendo Switch Eshop.

Impediment
Fixed the YouTube link.

When you post a link to YouTube, make sure you only use the code inside the URL (I made it red) and not the entire URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaXSxYrrWM

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed the YouTube link.

When you post a link to YouTube, make sure you only use the code inside the URL (I made it red) and not the entire URL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaXSxYrrWM Yeah I forgot, lol.

Jmanghan
yFcEqTGmG8E

Jmanghan
Fmi8KrntszI

Jmanghan
Anyone playing this? Seems to be blowing up like crazy, and I'm surprised no one has said anything.

Jmanghan
I have been playing this game non-stop, everybody's giving the game praise, but I don't think it's too fun.

The stories are great, but they are short, the fights are so... damn... repetitive.

The encounter rate is SO, DAMN, REPETITIVE.

I have been playing Octopath and Kingdom Come back to back, and I know they can't be compared, but as a general experience, not as a game, I had so much more fun in Kingdom Come.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.