Multiversal beings vs Multidimensional beings?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Which is more powerful?

MrMind
dunno what's the difference here
we are not quantum physics major, we go by individual characters feats

One Big Mob
You mean like beings who can operate on a multiversal scale vs beings who only have one dude like Shuma Gorath (pretty sure he's a unique being anyway) and they travel to different universes?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by One Big Mob
You mean like beings who can operate on a multiversal scale vs beings who only have one dude like Shuma Gorath (pretty sure he's a unique being anyway) and they travel to different universes?

Or am I misunderstanding? In terms of multidimensional, I'm talking beings who can manipulate our main dimensions, 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, and even create some from scratch.

Mindship
I'm going with multiversal.

Multidimensional strikes me more as being able to move between dimensions, but not necessarily having great power beyond that. Also, they generally reside in one dimension or another, and they themselves may even be comprised of more than 3 spatial dimensions.

Multiversal impresses as, not only able to move between dimensions, but also having vast influence in all those dimensions (thus innately being multidimensional), perhaps even having a multiversal presence.

Essentially, multidimensionality is a subset of multiversality.

EDIT: Just saw OP's def of multidimensional. I'm still going with multiversal.

Galan007
In DC at least, multidimensional beings are more powerful than multiversal ones. By far.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
In DC at least, multidimensional beings are more powerful than multiversal ones. By far.

riv6672
Both tend to be boring to debate.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Which is more powerful? Can you provide an example of one type of both?

wuleecat
I'm almost ignorant about this, but from these boards I get the impression time and time again that dimensional beings like imps etc are usually ranked way up there when things are being ordered.

For what its worth.

Maybe someone who knows what they are talking about could give a quick example of a really top-end example of each?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can you provide an example of one type of both?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Go on.

xJLxKing
Mxy would be considered both Multiversal and Multidimensional. His dimension is the 5th dimension.

A multidimensional being who is not a multiversal being would be someone like Eclipso who has his own dimension within one universe.

For some reason, I can't think of multiversal being who isn't multidimensional. Usually, if a being can affect multiple universes, they can also enter multiple dimensions. IE: Superman Prime (GA)

Wonder Man
I'd have to go with Vishanti on this for fisrt round like Dr. Doom beat the Beyonders with magic. So Multidimensional for round 1 but in round 2 only the Vishanti with magic they learn to increase infinitely.

Galan007
Originally posted by wuleecat
Maybe someone who knows what they are talking about could give a quick example of a really top-end example of each? For example, the original Monitor(ala COIE) was a bonafide multiversal entity. He was linked to, and powered by, all positive matter universes in the mainstream/3D multiverse. That said, his power was also limited to the 3D multiverse -- without it, he was effectively powerless.

Flip side, Mxy is a multidimensional being from the 5th dimension(which is outside the multiverse entirely.) He can move freely through Hypertime itself, and control reality at ANY level. Not only can he gesturely manipulate the 3D multiverse, but he can also manipulate ALL universes and ALL dimensions, whimsically:

https://i.imgur.com/FzAuTch.jpg

IOW, his power transcends the multiverse all together. This is not the case with a being who is 'just' multiversal.

Make sense?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Galan007
For example, the original Monitor(ala COIE) was a bonafide multiversal entity. He was linked to, and powered by, all positive matter universes in the mainstream/3D multiverse. That said, his power was also limited to the 3D multiverse -- without it, he was effectively powerless.

Flip side, Mxy is a multidimensional being from the 5th dimension(which is outside the multiverse entirely.) He can move freely through Hypertime itself, and control reality at ANY level. Not only can he gesturely manipulate the 3D multiverse, but he can also manipulate ALL universes and ALL dimensions, whimsically:

https://i.imgur.com/FzAuTch.jpg

IOW, his power transcends the multiverse all together. This is not the case with a being who is 'just' multiversal.

Make sense?

You hit the nail on the head, sir. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.