Cringiest line in Star Wars history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist

Zenwolf
This is just stupid and never should have been a line because it makes 0 sense.

NewGuy01
Yeah, I think that one might take the cake for the time being.

relentless1

Kurk
Any AotC dialogue between our two favorite lovers

I hate sand obviously

"I am Senate"

Raptor22
"Disney is buying Lucasfilm"

One Big Mob
The Force is Female

Zenwolf
Originally posted by One Big Mob
The Force is Female

Actually maybe this....or both? I can't decide.

Geistalt
"I am the Senate" was actually awesome.

is by far the worst offender.

Greysentinel365
"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

Just the delivery on that.

Kurk
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

...well that in itself is an absolute lol.

Obi is a Sith confirmed

Same for:

"Do or do not. There is no try"

Yoda is a sith too apparently.

Darth Abonis
Anyone saying "Then die" "or die"

Rockydonovang
The first lines of dialogue in the han solo movie. The laziest writing I've ever seen from a star wars movie.

Beniboybling

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
The first lines of dialogue in the han solo movie. The laziest writing I've ever seen from a star wars movie.

Not as bad as
"I'm in charge Phasma I'm in charge!"-Finn from TFA

carthage
I'VE GOT A GOOD FEELING ABOUT THIS

TheNuisanceBird
Anything coming out of Rey's mouth.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Anything coming out of Rey's mouth.
You are sexist!! Rey is a strong female character!!!!!
Force is female!!!

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Not as bad as
"I'm in charge Phasma I'm in charge!"-Finn from TFA
Nah. Like it or not, that's not unrealistic dialogue. I can see a person saying that, especially as finn was characterized. But wjen the first line you say in a movie is

"I've got which we can use to and this is ". Keep in mind, the context here is that he just returned from a dangerous mission and is greeting his love interest.

The moment, which should be used to make us invested in either character instead uses them as plot devices and is very blatant about it.

Fated Xtasy
Jar Jar'a dialogue....

Geistalt
dellow felegates

Zentrex
The prequels had way too much cringe, probably because of the green screen. Natalie Portman's a great actress and look at what they made her do:

https://youtu.be/EkGXmLmXjZ4?t=1m37s
https://youtu.be/EkGXmLmXjZ4

I don't know if the dilevery on too many of them was that hard to watch, there's defenitely been worse, but as a culmination, they take the cake.

I don't mind the sequels at all, but I can see why some do. L3 and Lando having a thing was...beyond cringe for me though.

And I'm sure the expanded universe, especially the stuff made for children, has a gold mine of cringe that I don't remember right now.

Honestly though, the cringiest stuff in star wars comes from Disney and the fanbase, rather than anything in printed content.

Sinious
Originally posted by Geistalt
dellow felegates LMAO, I wanted to go with the Rose quote, but this is probably as bad as it can get.

Azronger
"A Sith Lord??" - Mace Windu

Sinious
Sacrilege! That's probably the best line ever.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kurk

Obi is a Sith confirmed What seals it is when he follows that line with "I will do what I must", lol.

Anyway, Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!!!" line from RotS literally made me bury my face in my palm.

Kurk
Originally posted by Galan007
What seals it is when he follows that line with "I will do what I must", lol.

Anyway, Vader's "NOOOOOOOO!!!" line from RotS literally made me bury my face in my palm. I didn't think it was that bad. Especially when compared to Luke's equivalent line in ESB.

Freedon Nadd
"You ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

Forget it. The entire opera scene is cringeworthy.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Kurk

Obi is a Sith confirmed

Same for:

"Do or do not. There is no try"

Yoda is a sith too apparently.

1. Kenobi referred to Anakin's dialogue. And he was right. His brother/Padawan was only "with me or die". Jedi aren't doing such thing. Obi-Wan was just stating the obvious. Sith=evil, pride, murder, etc

So it makes sense what Obi-Wan would say about the Sith.

2. Yoda's words were clearly a reference to the biblical passage where it is said: Be warm or cold, but don't be in-between. You can't serve two masters."

Luke said something, but he thought/felt otherwise about the odds surrounding him. Hence Yoda said that.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
"You ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

Forget it. The entire opera scene is cringeworthy.

Really? That's like one of the best parts of the movie, not undercut by any of the cheesy bad-movie taint.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. Kenobi referred to Anakin's dialogue. And he was right. His brother/Padawan was only "with me or die". Jedi aren't doing such thing. Obi-Wan was just stating the obvious. Sith=evil, pride, murder, etc

So it makes sense what Obi-Wan would say about the Sith.

2. Yoda's words were clearly a reference to the biblical passage where it is said: Be warm or cold, but don't be in-between. You can't serve two masters."

Luke said something, but he thought/felt otherwise about the odds surrounding him. Hence Yoda said that.

I am consistently impressed by your ability to be so nuanced in some cases. But why do they have to be cases like these, when it's just a joke?

Freedon Nadd
1. Then you don't know how many memes are out there
2. I thought everyone here was serious 😋

Zentrex
1. The memes might make a moment more funny, but the scene itself by its own merit isn't terrible. I mean, it's memeable, sure, but lots of things which aren't cringy are.

2. You can be serious about something funny, it's just kind of a bummer when someone comes in and explains why something you were laughing at is not funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.