Morbius

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Jared Leto done jumped ship...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/06/27/morbius-movie-jared-leto-daniel-espinosa/

Flyattractor
Base it off the first 6 or so issues of this comic run and you could have a pretty good movie on your hands.

http://www.comicsdownload.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Morbius-001-00.jpg

quanchi112
Hahaha poor dc.

Flyattractor
Nope. DC is still kicking Marvels Ass in all the other media.

tkitna
WB/DC http://www.politicalcortadito.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-shot-2014-08-27-at-4.38.38-AM.png Marvel Jared Leto

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Nope. DC is still kicking Marvels Ass in all the other media. Dc is a joke to the mainstream audience. Marvel owns them. MCU reigns supreme. Dc is trash. It always has been. Go watch a shitty dc tv show you retard.

Flyattractor
Not when they think of Batman Movies. Those made Billions.

And this will be a Sony/Marvel Movie so it will bomb regardless so...Marvel still has that Stain on their reputations.

quanchi112

steverules_2
Kind of disappointed they never used the moribus ending in blade

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
Kind of disappointed they never used the moribus ending in blade

well this film could somehow reintroduce blade but i'm just speculating

Surtur
I always liked Morbius.

carthage
Could be hit or miss

Impediment
Good lord, why?

quanchi112

Kazenji
I'll give Leto a chance and see how it all goes.

BruceSkywalker
u0brH06VJow

CPT Space Bomb
I saw what Leto did to Joker.....I don't want him in Marvel films....

TheVaultDweller
Thing about Leto is he can deliver really good performance... IF the script doesn't suck and the directors/producers can stop him acting like a weirdo. But from what I know, he is one of those "method" actors who goes way overboard. Though, now that I think about it, him pretending to be a vampire-type creature during production could be hilarious.

Flyattractor

steverules_2

Talon Fang
I would wonder. Would Morbius work better as a Dark and Gritty Netflix show more then it would a movie?

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I saw what Leto did to Joker.....I don't want him in Marvel films....

That more or less comes back to the director too.

James T. Kirk
Yeah They should just Tell Leto they are making a movie and instead just film him "Getting into character" for a couple weeks and make that into a movie instead.

Gee... I was not aware that Hollywood had to get the Little Quan-ster-trons APPROVAL before they could make a movie about something.

WhoDaFunk!? To be fair, he doesn't even so much as imply what you're inferring from that post.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kazenji
That more or less comes back to the director too. What you mean is "That is partly to blame on the Director". But Jared Leto had a lot of control on how he wanted to make the Joker. Most actors do. Honestly I've never seen him in anything that made me want to see him in anything else. Not sure why some people like him. Probably the best Leto performance was in Bladerunner 2049. And that's not saying too much.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
To be fair, he doesn't even so much as imply what you're inferring from that post.

Nah. Life aint Fair. He can SUCK IT!

eek!

dynamix
i heard a lot of fan backlash on this and i don't know why. i can totally see leto being morbius.

DarthPlaguis12

DarthPlaguis12
...on a good note Wonder Woman 2 looks good and Gal Gadot is a goddess

Flyattractor

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
What you mean is "That is partly to blame on the Director". But Jared Leto had a lot of control on how he wanted to make the Joker. Most actors do.

Well they're all too blame, David Ayer agreeing on it too with Leto

His role in Lord of War was also good too.

DarthPlaguis12

StiltmanFTW
Man the bias is pretty thick in that one...

He was actually crazy generous. You're retarded, fly. Go away.

Surtur
Spidey in comics now just got a massive power upgrade.

Originally posted by Talon Fang
I would wonder. Would Morbius work better as a Dark and Gritty Netflix show more then it would a movie?

If they are gonna do a dark gritty tv show about a Spidey villain they should choose Morlun.

Flyattractor

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor

Kazenji
He also was talking about the DCEU related movies if you actually figured that out too.

DarthPlaguis12

Flyattractor

Kazenji
Matt Smith joins the movie

https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/24/matt-smith-joins-jared-leto-morbius-movie/

carthage
July 2020 Release date

https://screenrant.com/morbius-movie-release-date-confirmed-2020/

-Pr-
Teasier Trailer:

9eQBl3_6FKA

KingD19
I love how this is setting up a Venom+MCU connection. And it looks great too.

-Pr-
Yeah, I was honestly surprised by how non-shit it looks.

Estacado
Yup this looks cool.

I loved the sonar part...

carthage

-Pr-
It would be super weird having Michael Keaton in it though, if he was a different character.

KingD19
Yes, the poster is from Spidey PS4, but he straight up talks to MCU Adrian Toombs/Vulture at the end. You cant get much more connected than the main bad guy from a Spidey movie asking you about being a bad guy in your Spidey connected movie.

jaden_2.0
It's a great cast but looks like bog standard garbage. Like Dracula: Untold levels of shit.

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
Teasier Trailer:

9eQBl3_6FKA

Despite being a Jared Leto fan, not feeling it from that preview. Could also be that I'm still reeling for his surprisingly shit portrayal of the Joker.

BruceSkywalker
this looks surprising good...

Originally posted by Robtard
Despite being a Jared Leto fan, not feeling it from that preview. Could also be that I'm still reeling for his surprisingly shit portrayal of the Joker.

leto might redeem himself as Morbius

BrolyBlack
FkWBBtwSmA8

Robtard
What a phuck'n nerd...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=654246&pagenumber=3

BrolyBlack
My thread is better

riv6672

Darth Thor
All the characters introduced in the Sony MCU Spidey films still belong to Sony. So in the scenario that Spidey leaves the MCU, Sony can still use those characters.

So question is whether this signals a stronger relationship between Sony and Marvel, or if it means theyve both agreed to part ways after their new deal expires.

Eon Blue
This movie looks better than the other Morbius thread movie.

Kazenji
It's looking good.

BrolyBlack

Kazenji
https://media.giphy.com/media/YiK4Gzo7gQJUHzNluM/giphy.gif

TheVaultDweller
Interesting. Noticed a few Easter eggs and references in there, like the Spider-Man mural with "murderer" written on it at 2:10. Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

BruceSkywalker
trailer looked good

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

thumb up

Emmy Evangeline
The trailer looked splendid, Leto is so hot.

Emmy Evangeline

Darth Thor
https://media.giphy.com/media/YiK4Gzo7gQJUHzNluM/giphy.gif

He really is.

Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

Think youve gone back in time to pre-2018.

Sony has a great track record now. Even Ignoring the two Spidey films made with Marvel, theyve only ever put out 2 stinkers out of 7 Spidey related films.

riv6672
It's looking good.
Yeah it actually does. I like me some echo location.

Psychotron
Looks like utter trash. Sony is really scraping the bottom of the Spider barrel.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sony has a great track record now. Even Ignoring the two Spidey films made with Marvel, theyve only ever put out 2 stinkers out of 7 Spidey related films.

I'm speaking more in terms of my personal preferences. I thought Homecoming was fine but didn't think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to, and I enjoyed Venom well enough but have no real interest in seeing it again any time soon. I did quite like Far From Home and Into the Spiderverse though. But it's still not enough to fully restore my faith in Sony. But hey, despite the hate he gets, Leto can actually deliver a good performance if given the right script. He just has to stop being a weirdo and stick to his job.

riv6672

Darth Thor
I'm speaking more in terms of my personal preferences. I thought Homecoming was fine but didn't think it was as great as a lot of people seemed to, and I enjoyed Venom well enough but have no real interest in seeing it again any time soon. I did quite like Far From Home and Into the Spiderverse though. But it's still not enough to fully restore my faith in Sony. But hey, despite the hate he gets, Leto can actually deliver a good performance if given the right script. He just has to stop being a weirdo and stick to his job.

Ah right. Given Homecoming and Far From Home were produced by Marvel studios I left them out of it.

And was just thinking of 2 stinkers (SM3 & TASM2) out of 7 films.

On the other hand if this one stinks as well then that would be 3 out of 8, which would be awfully close to 50/50 hmm

TheVaultDweller
Well, I hope it's good. Because if it is and can also manage to make close to Venom numbers, it will likely provide extra motivation for the MCU side to keep those ties as well. After all, it's inevitably about profit for those people. And if Sony is bringing characters to the screen and getting positive fan reactions and box office numbers, Disney is probably going to look to collaborate to push it even further and get a better cut themselves.

ares834
Looks awful.

Darth Thor
^ Yup thumb up

riv6672
^^^awful...ly good?

Eon Blue
Jared Leto is one of the sexiest men ever.

Patient_Leech
Morbius, aka Man-Bat?

BrolyBlack
People will pay to watch thislaughing out loud

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Morbius, aka Man-Bat?

Morbius a.k.a. The Living Vampire.

Comics used to have that weird code against having vampires and such being in them, so Marvel bypassed it by creating a non-undead, artificial vamp.

riv6672
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Morbius a.k.a. The Living Vampire.

Comics used to have that weird code against having vampires and such being in them, so Marvel bypassed it by creating a non-undead, artificial vamp.
^^^It worked better that way.

Also, that was a pretty shoddy rule, as Marvel had a Dracula series around the same era, and Baron Blood.

Kazenji
^ Yup thumb up

Whatever you say hypocrite.

BrolyBlack
Whatever you say hypocrite.

laughing out loudthumb up

NemeBro
Whatever you say hypocrite. How is he a hypocrite?

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro
How is he a hypocrite?

Telling other people to get off the internet if they can't accept other people's opinions. Meanwhile attacking different people for liking films which he dislikes.

NemeBro
Is this true Darth Thor?

Darth Thor
I literally have no idea what hes on about.

Seems like his accounts been hacked by Broly.

Darth Thor
FYI my thumbs up was at Vaultdwellers comment, not at ares. Just looks like it was at ares comment after the threads were merged. The Troll made a second thread for absolutely no reason.

riv6672
Interesting. Noticed a few Easter eggs and references in there, like the Spider-Man mural with "murderer" written on it at 2:10. Still, given Sony's track record, I am not going to get my expectations too high.

Found this...:

https://i.ibb.co/YLjj39Q/1-B07-DE9-F-6-A90-4135-B09-F-8-FC96982-C2-B6.jpg

...and the accompanying comment said it seems to be from the Raimi Spider-Man skin from the PS4 Spider-Man game loading screen.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
Found this...:

https://i.ibb.co/YLjj39Q/1-B07-DE9-F-6-A90-4135-B09-F-8-FC96982-C2-B6.jpg

...and the accompanying comment said it seems to be from the Raimi Spider-Man skin from the PS4 Spider-Man game loading screen.

Yeah, I thought it looked more like Tobey when I was looking at it. But Sony was actually really clever there with Spiderverse. They've left themselves the door open to potentially have any of their Spider-Men crossover with each other should they choose to.

TheVaultDweller
FYI my thumbs up was at Vaultdwellers comment, not at ares. Just looks like it was at ares comment after the threads were merged. The Troll made a second thread for absolutely no reason.

lol that thread merge did not do you any favours.

StiltmanFTW
But Sony was actually really clever there with Spiderverse.

Hey, maybe they want to bring back Tobey.

Plenty of fans still love him as Parker.

But it's mostly an error/silly easter egg, yes.

TheVaultDweller
Hey, maybe they want to bring back Tobey.

Plenty of fans still love him as Parker.

But it's mostly an error/silly easter egg, yes.

Seems like they are trying to confuse the fans a bit by teasing some wider connections without actually confirming anything, given Keaton appearing at the end of the trailer as well.

It's working though. I have seen a lot of articles about the trailer and the Easter eggs.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/th2yj46

Loved that show.

riv6672
mmmm...hand suckers. The possibilities...

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

thumb up

BrolyBlack
I literally have no idea what hes on about.

Seems like his accounts been hacked by Broly.

What a bumbling idiot you have become

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What a bumbling idiot you have become

Says the guy having a mental breakdown in the off topic thread.

BrolyBlack
You mean laughing my ass off and having fun?

You been off the deep end since you thought I thought Khan would beat Palpatine. Just admit you were wrong and let it go.

You been trying to start shit with me every since you randomly brought my name up in the Palp thread because you thought I voted for Khan and I wasn’t even debating in the thread.

I would call that a mental breakdownthumb up

Darth Thor

You been off the deep end since you thought I thought Khan would beat Palpatine. Just admit you were wrong and let it go.

You been trying to start shit with me every since you randomly brought my name up in the Palp thread because you thought I voted for Khan and I wasn’t even debating in the thread.

So youre not Time Immemorial?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=597208&pagenumber=92

^ Here you were the only other person alongside Quan supporting Khan over Palpatine.

Here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=580489&pagenumber=142

you were supporting Khan over Yoda.

Im not telling any lies here, im just calling out the bullshitters who keep accusing me of doing So.

Its called sad little boys projecting.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Anyways this off topic unless you want to turn this into another Khan vs Palp thread which you do with almost every thread you post in.

Darth Thor

BrolyBlack
Yea my opinion changes when facts change or new feats come out. You bumbling idiot. You been owned againthumb up

Darth Thor
Anyways this off topic unless you want to turn this into another Khan vs Palp thread which you do with almost every thread you post in.

Broly a few minutes earlier randomly starts talking about Khan and Palps:

You mean laughing my ass off and having fun?

I would call that a mental breakdownthumb up

Youve been owned. Just get on with your life, see a doctor and quit taking your issues out on me.

Darth Thor
Yea my opinion changes when facts change or new feats come out. You bumbling idiot. You been owned againthumb up

By all means show me where you argued for Palps over Khan..

Actually you should just quit embarrassing yourself while youre at it.

BrolyBlack
Says the guy who posts links to threads from years ago. Seek helplaughing out loud

BrolyBlack
By all means show me where you argued for Palps over Khan..

Actually you should just quit embarrassing yourself while youre at it.

Based off Palps latest showings I think he wins, cry babythumb up

Darth Thor
Based off Palps latest showings I think he wins, cry babythumb up

Oh so NOW youre making the argument Lmao

Too late buddy

Besides you claimed you Never asked for proof that Palps could beat Khan. Shall I post that as well, or do you think its time you just admitted you were the one lying? And that youve simply been owned.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor
^ And as ive clearly shown there was nothing random about bringing you up as one of the suspects for the few votes that Khan had, given your history on the matter.

The question is why did you have a mental breakdown over it? Oh thats right because youre a freak whose harassing me over PMs now as well.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
Claims in harassing him while randomly accusing me of hacking peoples accounts lol

Priceless

Darth Thor
I brought up your name over voting for someone you have a history of arguing for? Ooh the horror. Clearly That deserves non stop harassment from you now.

Quit embarrassing yourself further and see a doctor.

BrolyBlack

riv6672
Wait, this is a STAR WARS thread now?

Kazenji
Yeah, Morbius will be in the next Star Wars movie.

riv6672

-Pr-
New Morbius trailer, but be warned, if it is how it seems, it's very spoilery:

G_lZnQPVrcg

Estacado
Visuals look great!

I like this a lot!

tkitna
Looks better than I anticipated

playa1258
Nice will see.

BruceSkywalker
trailer was okay.. not much of a jared leto fan but will see

Patient_Leech
These sorts of post-trailer scenes need to go.

dynamix
jared leto always reminds me of courtney cox

Robtard
Still looks meh

Kazenji
The movie is being delayed for a 7th time, This time because of the Omicron spike

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/spider-man-spinoff-morbius-moves-release-date-2022-1235146263/

StiltmanFTW
Is Morbius going to be canon to MCU, somehow?

Heard some conflicting reports on this?

Keaton is confused af about it, apparently...

Khazra Reborn

HumbleServant
Would he be mcu spiderman level?

Robtard
Is Morbius going to be canon to MCU, somehow?

Heard some conflicting reports on this?

Keaton is confused af about it, apparently...

It's apparently part of the S-MCU, not the MCU, but they could switch that with a single end credits scene like they did with Venom in the second film.

IMO, Disney wants to wait and see how well this does and how well the character is received and then opt in to buy the rights to use the character later on down.

StiltmanFTW
Sounds likely. I mean, they probably want him for Blade.

StiltmanFTW
You guys heard the rumours?

Apparently all that teaser&trailer material was just meant to tease the fans about possible connections to MCU and other films --- the rumour is that it was one big lie and those chunks are missing in the final product.

Michael Keaton won't be in it, for example.

We need to wait and see, but considering they've used a similar strategy with Venom movies (promising us they'll be R-rated, giving vague answers on the beginning of making Venom, when it was not 100% clear if it could tie-in with Disney's films), I won't be surprised one bit if it turns out they just tried to get the film some extra attention with lies again.

This is worrying.

Darth Thor
Yeah I heard.

The other reason could be theyve realised this sucks and will probably flop so theyve purposely deleted those scenes so as to not tie this to Spidey or Venom.

riv6672

FemdomFilmFan
"One of the worst popcorn blockbuster experiences in recent memory."

- Liam Maguren, Flicks.co.nz

https://www.flicks.co.nz/reviews/morbius-movie-review/

The first review available on Rotten Tomatoes.

StiltmanFTW
Thanks.

And damn. It really seems to be as bad as it was rumoured to be... tomatometer at 27% already:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/morbius

Kazenji
Thanks.

And damn. It really seems to be as bad as it was rumoured to be... tomatometer at 27% already:

I'll wait for the audience score, Thats the one that matters.

BruceSkywalker
not seeing except for free of charge

Darth Thor
Thanks.

20% now. I don't go by critics, but that's a super bad score.

I'll wait for the audience score, Thats the one that matters.

Unfortunately the first negative reactions came from advance screenings to audiences.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
I love how this is setting up a Venom+MCU connection. And it looks great too.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, I was honestly surprised by how non-shit it looks.

Originally posted by Estacado
Yup this looks cool.

I loved the sonar part...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this looks surprising good...

It's looking good.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
trailer looked good

Originally posted by Emmy Evangeline

Originally posted by tkitna
Looks better than I anticipated

Originally posted by Estacado
Visuals look great!

I like this a lot!

Meanwhile here's me being all right again

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
It's a great cast but looks like bog standard garbage. Like Dracula: Untold levels of shit.

Unsurprising...

Robtard
Disney+ is the one streaming app I don't have, so will be downloading this tomorrow.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Disney+ is the one streaming app I don't have, so will be downloading this tomorrow.

You might be thinking of Moon Knight ?

Robtard
Oh, did I f**k the releases up then?

Then I guess I won't be seeing this tomorrow for free stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
20% now. I don't go by critics, but that's a super bad score.

17% now... and I believe it was lower than that at some point, too laughing out loud

Gotta say, even after reading those initial rumours of how bad it was supposed to be, I wasn't expecting this.

And yes, same here - critic reviews and scores will never be the same as seeing the final product yourself... no argument here, man... but they can give us a general idea if we should consider spending our money/time on films we're unsure of.

StiltmanFTW
15% facepalm

Robtard
Guess Disney will be opting out of including this in the MCU.

Unless maybe as a minor side character with Blade.

Estacado
So the cgi and the fights were kinda cool but the movie is awful.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>