Silver Surfer vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Battlezone style

You pick a character and describe how you'd beat the other.

Who would you rep and how would they win?

Poster controlled, no CIS or PIS obviously.

abhilegend
Uh-oh

h1a8
As Superman I'll be in within fraction of a nanosecond perception mode at all times. Superman walked around casually and had a long conversation and loosened his tie (all casually) within the FRACTION OF A NANOSECOND.

Then I'll punch Surfer so hard, it's ridiculous. I'll keep wailing (as Thanos did) until Surfer is koed.

Or I'll sing Surfer out of existence.

Or I'll hv Surfer with heat thousands of times hotter than the core of the Sun.

One Big Mob
Surfer.

I'd just destroy the whole universe in a big blast. Superman would be toast

panthergod
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Surfer.

I'd just destroy the whole universe in a big blast. Superman would be toast

Good thing Surfer can't even withstand a solar system level blast.

MrMind
superman

I'd first make fun of surfer lack of penis, then proceed to shove the silver naked dude straight up galactus' ass

riv6672
Originally posted by Damborgson
Battlezone style
Whats a battlezone?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Whats a battlezone?

The domain where I REIGN supreme!

The Spectre+
Originally posted by riv6672
Whats a battlezone?

Baziemarc's Headquarters...
Does That Suffice?

Pillow Biter
This is the problem with leaving the realm of rating fights by comic conventions and trying to be realistic. Logically, there's no upward limit to the degree of realism that should be invoked. However, in many matchups, it can be difficult to estimate exactly what the power sets involved can do to the degree of detail needed to decide a match. This is particularly true given the inconsistency inherent to comics.

Clearly, being realistic, speed is the first and likely key issue to decide here. Can Surfer respond in time? Just how much realistic inference of potential powers and power uses is appropriate?

The Surfer is not typically presented as a true speedster. However, he has many feats that would logically require some degree of super speed perceptions and reactions. And the divide shown in the comics between having access to such abilities when traveling etc., and having access to such abilities in a fight, makes little logical sense. But even if we granted Surfer access to such super fast reactions, just HOW fast is he? Just HOW fast is Superman? How does one determine that 'without CIS and PIS'?

Furthermore, the Surfer has been shown to be able to augment his abilities and to even bestow super powers to others. He also has occasional access to cosmic awareness of varying degrees of magnitude. So why wouldn't he know that speed is critical, and that Superman is fast, and augment his speed prior to the fight, if that is allowed by the rules of the fight.

Given the vast number of applications of the Power Cosmic that Superman has no realistic defense against, it seems fairly clear to me that by the tenets of strict realism Surfer probably needs only the chance to take a single action in order to start a chain of events that leads to Superman's unavoidable annihilation. From molecule manipulation to reality distortion to magic simulation to time travel and manipulation, Surfer's avenues of effective attack are virtually endless. But does he get that chance?

DarkSaint85
I would use time travel. Or rewrite his DNA. Or BFR him.

riv6672

Baziemarc123
Surfer stomps Superman in all categories

abhilegend
I will just punch Surfer once.

Baziemarc123

riv6672

Bentley
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I would use time travel. Or rewrite his DNA. Or BFR him.

Superman getting fancy in manhandling poor Norrin I see.

leonidas
hmm, this thread poses a really good question actually. who would i use and who would i think i could make the strongest case for? i can def see ways both could win. if i had to debate for my life and got first pick? hrm. probably ss... but against a competent debater i wouldn't be enormously confident with either tbh.

xJLxKing

leonidas
that's the problem. speculation in bz's doesn't work. judges typically only accept what's happened in panel. ss has a lot to offer, but he doesn't use his powers like we would very often at all. his best scan to use against supes--detecting the radiation that would kill gladiator--isn't even canon. he'd def need to go full exotic, but...that isn't always easy to prove viable. /shrug

DarkSaint85
Is prep allowed?

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
that's the problem. speculation in bz's doesn't work. judges typically only accept what's happened in panel. ss has a lot to offer, but he doesn't use his powers like we would very often at all. his best scan to use against supes--detecting the radiation that would kill gladiator--isn't even canon. he'd def need to go full exotic, but...that isn't always easy to prove viable. /shrug
While Superman has actually done those feats.

You know what I can do a BZ with you on this.

xJLxKing

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
While Superman has actually done those feats.

You know what I can do a BZ with you on this.

maybe towards the end of the summer. let's do the secret wars first. if you can behave we'll go with you, me, borg and phil. makes for some different matches than in the past. i was thinking a 2 character amalgam but i'm open to suggestions. maybe i'll open a thread and we can discuss.

abhilegend
Sure

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Damborgson
Battlezone style

You pick a character and describe how you'd beat the other.

Who would you rep and how would they win?

Poster controlled, no CIS or PIS obviously. I'm not a dermatologist but this thread idea is like someone coming in to ask you about a mole that is "unsightly", but before they even lift their shirt to show you their blood-soaked shirt is pulsating over the spot the mole is.

Hint: it's CANCER

riv6672
^^^gross! sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.