Sentry VS Worthy King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
this is the king thor that regained control of mjolnir and beheaded desak in the destroyer armor. who wins

xJLxKing

RealityWarper
LEL

Sentry. That's not even close.

Thor cannot counter Sentry's abilities.

Pillow Biter
Sentry's all over the place. Thor could easily win the fight versus many Sentry portrayals who would not access their true and full potential power.

Of course, actually killing Sentry would be tough. And if Sentry ever uses his full power, Thor is done.

xJLxKing

psycho gundam
*scan of Thor dumping Sentry's corpse into the sun*

panthergod
Thor

RealityWarper
Originally posted by psycho gundam

*scans that shows that Bob made it happen*

*scans of the fight between Sentry & Photon*

*scans of the Void trashing God of Magic Strange and Loki*

*scans of Void destroying Molecule Man*

*scans of Sentry beating Void three times*

psycho gundam

xJLxKing

tkitna
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Sentry's all over the place. Thor could easily win the fight versus many Sentry portrayals who would not access their true and full potential power.

Isnt a character supposed to use his full potential in a forum battle though?

Stoic

Of course, actually killing Sentry would be tough. And if Sentry ever uses his full power, Thor is done.

DS Sentry was the last portrayal of the Sentry before his run in with Doctor Strange to my knowledge, and he has yet to be seen in his current ongoing series. I wonder if a retcon had taken place without any notice?

Weird because he seems to be back to playing the dummy that has yet to become fully familiar with his power set. Marvel may need an enema.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by tkitna
Isnt a character supposed to use his full potential in a forum battle though? within reason

How many times has Sentry used his max potential?

Stoic
Originally posted by xJLxKing
within reason

Arguably never.

Zack M
Sentry is mid tier at max power, right?

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M

What does mid tier mean exactly? Mid tier abstract?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Stoic
Arguably never.

He did against Molecule Man but saying "max power" for a being supposed to have no limits is a bit weird.

Zack M
What does mid tier mean exactly? Mid tier abstract?

Wonder man/Hercules level.

tkitna
within reason

Not sure we've ever seen it.

tkitna
Arguably never.

thumb up

tkitna
Originally posted by Zack M

Mid tiers don't battle with Photon, take a shot from the Thing to the chest without moving, and casually catch Terrax's axe in mid swing.

Not sure what tier he is. Probably safe just to take whatever tier Superman is in and multiply that by some.

MrMind
Mid tier abstract?

pcp is hell of a drug

xJLxKing
Not sure we've ever seen it.
So there is no reason to go off hypothetical powerset, right?

Might as well just go with whatever the average showing is. I'd argue, it something close to his fight with WWH

RealityWarper
So there is no reason to go off hypothetical powerset, right?

Might as well just go with whatever the average showing is. I'd argue, it something close to his fight with WWH

Bullshit.

tkitna

WWH was a low showing. He wasn't trying to win that fight.

Sin I AM
Sentry is hard to place. He was fueling Strange in hos fight with Loki then again he was going back and forth with Namor. In his current ongoing he seems to only be able to use his abilities in another dimesion which has fluid physics. Id place him above your average Thor but he has alot of negatives that weigh him down

psycho gundam
WWH was a low showing. He wasn't trying to win that fight. He definitely was trying

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is King Thor at the end of Reigning no? Not sure why this isn't a stomp for Thor...

RealityWarper
WWH was a low showing. He wasn't trying to win that fight.

Indeed.

He lost control of his powers because a panic attack.

He was at his weakest point due to his mental instability.

tkitna
He definitely was trying

Lol. No he wasnt. You dont stand there allowing the other guy to repeatedly punch you in the face while laughing when your trying to win a fight. He just antagonized the Hulk so that he would have a target to release his energy on. Sure he probably thought releasing all that energy would kill the Hulk, but he was in no way or fashion trying to win that fight in a physical sense.

One Big Mob
"You're the only one I can hit... with barely any effort!"

"Id"
Thor

Dareangel
peopleeeeeeee. its 15 minutes till the game between argentina and france. go watch the gameeeeeeeeeee

abhilegend
Thor

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Dareangel
peopleeeeeeee. its 15 minutes till the game between argentina and france. go watch the gameeeeeeeeeee

Soccer is boring. thumb up

Dareangel
its football and its not boring its great Lol. only americans for some odd reason dont like it. worldwide football has much more tactics and variety than american football

panthergod
Sentry was objectively inferior to Hulk. Period.

Hulk overpowered and outfought Sentry. Period.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by panthergod

Both reverted to their human forms and exhausted all the energy they had at that point. Period.

Sentry was objectively severely crippled by his mental state. Period.

panthergod
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Both reverted to their human forms and exhausted all the energy they had at that point. Period.

Sentry was objectively severely crippled by his mental state. Period.

Yes, Sentry is ultimately a fake energy construct, true.

Sentry is far inferior to Worldbreaker. Cry more.

Prof. T.C McAbe

IMO they seemed pretty even. Sentry went all out and hit Hulk with everything he had, WWH did the same. Both turned to humans, the slight notch that Hulk has above the Sentry is the fact that bob passed out while he reverted back into WBH.

RealityWarper
Yes, Sentry is ultimately a fake energy construct, true.

Sentry is far inferior to Worldbreaker. Cry more.

It is stated nowhere that he is an "energy construct".

He is simply another form of Bob created by his imagination.

Sentry destroyed entire worlds while holding back during his fight against Photon. The World Breaker is an all-out Hulk and that was the clash of his fight with a massively amped Red Hulk that destroyed a single world in the Dark Dimension.... By destroying the crust first, then the planet exploded.

Sentry is a lot more powerful than that. Cry more. thumb up

panthergod
It is stated nowhere that he is an "energy construct".

He is simply another form of Bob created by his imagination.

Sentry destroyed entire worlds while holding back during his fight against Photon. The World Breaker is an all-out Hulk and that was the clash of his fight with a massively amped Red Hulk that destroyed a single world in the Dark Dimension.... By destroying the crust first, then the planet exploded.

Sentry is a lot more powerful than that. Cry more. thumb up

.. yeah that fanfiction is nice though.

Sentry's 100% full power output peaks at WWHulk on panel, nowhere near Worldbreaker level in relative power.

Keep crying about that. laughing out loud

RealityWarper
.. yeah that fanfiction is nice though.

Sentry's 100% full power output peaks at WWHulk on panel, nowhere near Worldbreaker level in relative power.

Keep crying about that. laughing out loud

It is stated more than once that Sentry's power is related to his mental state.

It's literally written as such in the Dark Reign Files, redacted by Quasimodo.

Fact:

Sentry was agoraphobic during 29 hours before fighting Hulk, was still agoraphobic while fighting him and had a panic attack.

Sentry was ultra-weakened and therefore had a weak power-output compared to his true power.

Cry more. laughing

psycho gundam
Lol. No he wasnt. You dont stand there allowing the other guy to repeatedly punch you in the face while laughing when your trying to win a fight. He just antagonized the Hulk so that he would have a target to release his energy on. Sure he probably thought releasing all that energy would kill the Hulk, but he was in no way or fashion trying to win that fight in a physical sense. you contradicted yourself in this post so I will just let you read it over again so that we can skip my insults and efforts of posting scans using my phone

tkitna
you contradicted yourself in this post so I will just let you read it over again so that we can skip my insults and efforts of posting scans using my phone

Contradicted myself in what way? By saying that the Sentry released all of his energy but still wasnt trying to win the fight?

Yeah, this looks like a character trying to win a fight.

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world-war-hulk-vs-the-sentry-7.jpg?w=625

Not defending yourself and fighting back are great strategies to win a fight.

tkitna
This is the kind of power Bob possesses and what happens when the kid gloves come off.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/1669009-hulk_broken.jpg

abhilegend
Savage Hulk is not really any indication of how Sentry/WWH would go.

Anyway savage Hulk gets calmed down by Sentry aura. Even Paul Jenkins said Savage Hulk was stronger than Sentry.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by abhilegend
Savage Hulk is not really any indication of how Sentry/WWH would go.

Anyway savage Hulk gets calmed down by Sentry aura. Even Paul Jenkins said Savage Hulk was stronger than Sentry.

Jenkins never said that. More lies Abhi...

tkitna
Even Paul Jenkins said Savage Hulk was stronger than Sentry.

Never saw that before. Not saying he didnt but i've never read that anywhere.

Insane Titan
WKT wins easy

abhilegend
It's from an old interview at SDCC 2007.

http://comicboards.com/php/show.php?msg=comicbattles-2007102205475300&layout=thread

Link and video are defunct but it's right there.

RealityWarper

It doesn't matter what Abhi believes.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11129/111292726/5320703-sentrymorepowerfulthanmoleculemanandbeyonder.jpg

the Darkone
Which King Thor are we using Reign King Thor beginning of the reign or at the end of it, because their is a big difference in power gap and experience. Old King Thor in the god butcher?

King Thor with the full power of Odin Force wins everytime

RealityWarper
I'm pretty sure that Sentry can win by creating an army of space ants.

the Darkone
King Thor with full odin forc wins, most likely have the same abilities as Odin with greater strength amp by the odin force, King Thor too versatile and should wins this handly

RealityWarper
Manipulating the reality is far more versatile than the Odinforce + Mjolnir.

Anyway, Worthy King Thor has no feats close to Sentry. Nice try thought.

psycho gundam
Contradicted myself in what way? By saying that the Sentry released all of his energy but still wasnt trying to win the fight?

Yeah, this looks like a character trying to win a fight.

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/world-war-hulk-vs-the-sentry-7.jpg?w=625

Not defending yourself and fighting back are great strategies to win a fight. it's pretty silly that Sentry clearly wanted to fight Hulk and finally go up against someone he could hit and release his power against for real but you guys don't want to accept it. his only fault in that was Hulk had more than he did.

Savage =/= green scar. Everyone erroneously keeps stating that Hulk ran out of juice vs sentry when he clearly didn't, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to go beyond right after sentry was defeated. The only time hulk was depleted was when the cathexis ray took his power away leaving him with only enough power to become savage hulk. He regained that power in #611

abhilegend
it's pretty silly that Sentry clearly wanted to fight Hulk and finally go up against someone he could hit and release his power against for real but you guys don't want to accept it. his only fault in that was Hulk had more than he did.

Savage =/= green scar. Everyone erroneously keeps stating that Hulk ran out of juice vs sentry when he clearly didn't, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to go beyond right after sentry was defeated. The only time hulk was depleted was when the cathexis ray took his power away leaving him with only enough power to become savage hulk. He regained that power in #611
False. Cathexis ray stolen power was used to create Red Hulk. Red Hulk was used to transform heroes to Hulked out heroes via the stored energy Red Hulk drained from Watcher, Thor, Silver Surfer and Savage Hulk.

Banner only absorbed the Gamma portion of the Cathexis ray in IH 611.

Red Hulk is technically as powerful as WBH at the end of WWH 5.

psycho gundam
So cathexis ray takes hulk's power and then hulk takes power back from cathexis ray...where's the issue?

Red hulk being equal to green scar is what's false

abhilegend
So cathexis ray takes hulk's power and then hulk takes power back from cathexis ray...where's the issue?

Red hulk being equal to green scar is what's false
Because Cathexis ray power was used to create Red Hulk. Rulk was used as a power battery later on.

Banner only absorbed the power Rulk absorbed from him in Hulk 600.

psycho gundam
All that matters is that the machine said "100% gammafication". The origin of that energy is nominal. Hulk was reduced and then restored to what he was at the end of WWH #5. Red Hulk later fought that Hulk and got humbled without even seeing Worldbreaker levels of power, in fact Red Hulk tried absorbing power from him but it didn't help him. There is no way he is equal in power to WWH #5 Green scar.

Anyway, Sentry loses the shit out of this

Stoic
Because Cathexis ray power was used to create Red Hulk. Rulk was used as a power battery later on.

Banner only absorbed the power Rulk absorbed from him in Hulk 600.

but you also forget that the Hulk has access to an unlimited amount of energy from an unknown dimension, or universe. It's the reason for his boundless strength level. This is something that Red Hulk's can not boast.

Pillow Biter
IMO WWH was probably Sentry's lowest showing. But Hulk did ultimately outpower him there, though it's possible that Bob wanted to be outpowered. I forget the exact details.

abhilegend
All that matters is that the machine said "100% gammafication". The origin of that energy is nominal. Hulk was reduced and then restored to what he was at the end of WWH #5. Red Hulk later fought that Hulk and got humbled without even seeing Worldbreaker levels of power, in fact Red Hulk tried absorbing power from him but it didn't help him. There is no way he is equal in power to WWH #5 Green scar.

Anyway, Sentry loses the shit out of this

TBH, it was more anger than source of power.

Red Hulk wasn't at previous levels of power either after Betty drained him completely. He was using cosmic robots power to become Rulk.

That arc was full of nonsense like that.

tkitna
it's pretty silly that Sentry clearly wanted to fight Hulk and finally go up against someone he could hit and release his power against for real but you guys don't want to accept it. his only fault in that was Hulk had more than he did.

Lets not forget that the Sentry didnt even want to go at all for fear of releasing that much power and the effects it would have. Once there, the Hulk needed stopped and Sentry had a target. He then proceeded to release all of his energy and antagonize the Hulk to keep coming at him. In no way did he fight at the best of his abilities to try and win that fight. Hell, he even thanked Bruce in the end. It was a low showing for the Sentry.

Pillow Biter
I think you may have that a bit wrong. If Sentry wasn't giving it his all, then it isn't necessarily a low showing. If he was, then it is a low showing.

Sin I AM
WKT...Sentry wank knows no bounds

tkitna
I think you may have that a bit wrong. If Sentry wasn't giving it his all, then it isn't necessarily a low showing. If he was, then it is a low showing.

Its a low showing because some people want to think thats the Sentry at his best when he clearly has much better feats than that. I know what Pak was trying to do, but he failed miserably. When you have to explain the story to people, you got it wrong.

RealityWarper

It's a low showing because his powers were extremely weakened.

riv6672
Thor, convincingly.

psycho gundam
Lets not forget that the Sentry didnt even want to go at all for fear of releasing that much power and the effects it would have. Once there, the Hulk needed stopped and Sentry had a target. He then proceeded to release all of his energy and antagonize the Hulk to keep coming at him. In no way did he fight at the best of his abilities to try and win that fight. Hell, he even thanked Bruce in the end. It was a low showing for the Sentry. What?

Read the dialog. Sentry wanted the fight

One Big Mob
"You're the only one I can hold back against... like this!"

NemeBro
I really got the feeling that Sentry was weakened and didn't want to fight when he was exclaiming he was excited about being able to punch someone (Huc) as hard as he can, or when Reed expressed disbelief that Sentry was releasing so much power, saying he's "never unleashed it like this before", or when Sentry asked Bruce if it always feels this good when you finally let go. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by One Big Mob
"You're the only one I can hold back against... like this!" That's right. thumb up

psycho gundam
https://i.imgur.com/mSzxBqd.jpg

abhilegend
No, no, Gundam. Sentry was always weakened. Look at my 8 paragraph long fanfiction below.

/any Sentry fan

Rage.Of.Olympus
False. Cathexis ray stolen power was used to create Red Hulk. Red Hulk was used to transform heroes to Hulked out heroes via the stored energy Red Hulk drained from Watcher, Thor, Silver Surfer and Savage Hulk.

Banner only absorbed the Gamma portion of the Cathexis ray in IH 611.

Red Hulk is technically as powerful as WBH at the end of WWH 5.

"False." What are you, Dwight?

*Sigh*

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Incredible-Hulk-1968/Issue-610?id=41794

Hulk #610

It said Cosmic AND Gamma energy a few times.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
"False." What are you, Dwight?

*Sigh*

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Incredible-Hulk-1968/Issue-610?id=41794

Hulk #610

It said Cosmic AND Gamma energy a few times.
What do you understand by "regammafication" rage?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you understand by "regammafication" rage?

Yes, he was regammafied, but along with that Gamma was all the cosmic energy red hulk had absorbed that was also killing the heroes.

It said it like 5 times. How can you read a story, and ignore the entire crux of a comic for one minor detail? It's illogical and makes it hard to have a convo in good faith.

https://s22.postimg.cc/6g1pgnrzh/IMG_5480.jpg https://s22.postimg.cc/ovm6eb66l/IMG_5481.jpg

Whatever. I posted the link. Everyone can read it for themselves.

I don't even like the Hulk that much. I just despise deceitfulness.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, he was regammafied, but along with that Gamma was all the cosmic energy red hulk had absorbed that was also killing the heroes.

It said it like 5 times. How can you read a story, and ignore the entire crux of a comic for one minor detail? It's illogical and makes it hard to have a convo in good faith.

https://s22.postimg.cc/6g1pgnrzh/IMG_5480.jpg https://s22.postimg.cc/ovm6eb66l/IMG_5481.jpg

Whatever. I posted the link. Everyone can read it for themselves.

I don't even like the Hulk that much. I just despise deceitfulness.
Yes, it had cosmic energy as well. But Banner only absorbed gamma energy. Hence Pak making up a new word "regammafication".

Unless you think Hulk has Watcher, Thor and Surfer's energy inside him?

Enzeru

No, no, Gundam. Sentry was always weakened. Look at my 8 paragraph long fanfiction below.

/any Sentry fan

They're 8 paragraphs long, because dumb people need extra explaining.

krisblaze

/any Sentry fan

Sentry fans will never recover from this.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Enzeru
They're 8 paragraphs long, because dumb people need extra explaining.
How many paragraphs did you need? 100 then.

Enzeru

How many paragraphs did you need? 100 then.

Look who's talking. The guy, whose favorite character has the personality of a toaster and the complexity of a potato. It's not surprising, that you don't appreciate depth.

krisblaze
There's no depth to the sentry.

There are two good minis and a shitload of random and inconsistent portrayals.

Damborgson
Originally posted by One Big Mob
"You're the only one I can hold back against... like this!"

laughing out loud

MrMind
why does a unoriginal b list superman knock off who marvel themselves don't even care about, has such a cult internet community following masturbating to him. well that's just beyond me...

DarkSaint85
https://i.imgur.com/mSzxBqd.jpg

The skills on here never cease to amaze me.

Enzeru
Originally posted by MrMind

why does a unoriginal b list superman knock off who marvel themselves don't even care about, has such a cult internet community following masturbating to him. well that's just beyond me...

Spoken like the average DC wanker, who has never read Sentry comics. Good stuff.

Damborgson
Sin made an excellent point about him being a miracle man tribute, more so than a Superman knock off.

krisblaze
Sentry v1s buildup is ****ing identical to moores miracleman.

Sentry is his own character and a decent one at that but he's a twig compared to Supes or Thor.

What is Sentry's corpus? 20 something issues and diastrous depictions in just about any comic since?

RealityWarper

He was giving it all from an ultra-weakened position.

It's like using a depowered New-52 Superman post the use of his solar flare and saying that knifes can kill him easily.

The double standards on this thread are awesome. thumb up

AbelAnderson
Thor if we go by the average quality of their feats.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by AbelAnderson
Thor if we go by the average quality of their feats.

He did so well against Mongoose.

It seems that using a depowered Sentry is the norm so I will not be ashamed posting that feat. thumb up

Philosophía
why does a unoriginal b list superman knock off who marvel themselves don't even care about, has such a cult internet community following masturbating to him. well that's just beyond me... Because they relate to his mental illness.

I wish I was joking.

Enzeru
No one relates to a schizophrenic agoraphobic, because that is some one-in-a-million stuff. People relate to the struggle and rejection, which come with mental illness in general.

tkitna
What?

Read the dialog. Sentry wanted the fight

Yeah he was really itching to get at it wasnt he?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23992/4200149-aa-wwh03-026.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/23992/4200156-aa-wwh03-027.jpg

tkitna
well that's just beyond me...

Most things are beyond you.

xJLxKing

RealityWarper

psycho gundam
I don't believe that Sentry as a character here is on trial, like it really doesn't have to go further than if he was trying to fight or not and that conclusion is pretty clear

We are using the exact same evidence but the interpretations are vastly different which perplexes me since Sentry in the page you put up clearly says that he would have to try if he were to try and stop Green scar Hulk in Manhattan; Sentry loses the fight from damage and exhaustion. Those things are something you can't deny, so this is the genesis of where your conclusion branches off that I can't seem to wrap my head around other than denial

MrMind
Spoken like the average DC wanker, who has never read Sentry comics. Good stuff.

Most things are beyond you.

two fanboys with sentry avatar and signature are triggered, so predictable,

panthergod
100% full power All Out Sentry got utterly overpowered by a holding back Hulk. How pathetic for the fourth rate Superman imitation.

tkitna

We are using the exact same evidence but the interpretations are vastly different which perplexes me since Sentry in the page you put up clearly says that he would have to try if he were to try and stop Green scar Hulk in Manhattan; Sentry loses the fight from damage and exhaustion. Those things are something you can't deny, so this is the genesis of where your conclusion branches off that I can't seem to wrap my head around other than denial

Sentry did say he would have to try against Hulk, no denying that, but he was also scared to death of the damage and lives that would be lost expelling that much energy. I believe thats why it was mostly contained during the fight to a block or so radius while being formed into funnel clouds and upright columns instead of outwards. Besides all of that, i'm not sure of Paks angle where he wrote the Sentry into a character that felt the need and urge to release this energy in a way that he appeared like he was going to explode or it was going to kill him or something if he didnt, when he's never been that way before.

Regardless of all that, you have to admit that Sentry fought like a retard when they finally got down to it. Again, Pak had him acting like releasing all that energy was addictive or stimulating for some reason Why? Thats never happened before. It was so out of character. If WWH would have taken out a black eyed, confident Sentry instead of a passive, retarded version that was standing there begging for the Hulk to punch him some more while smiling and laughing, then we would have something. Seriously, when the Sentry gets backed up into a wall what happens practically everytime? The Voided out eyes appear and shit gets real. Here you have a story where the circumstances are dire and the Sentry was certainly backed up against the wall and,,,,,,,,nothing. You have a burnt out Bob thanking Bruce for the experience and he collapses. God it was an awful written story.

Funny also how a holding back Sentry was fighting Photon in the microverse and was releasing so much energy there (again while holding back) that worlds were being destroyed. Far cry from this pathetic outing.

tkitna
two fanboys with sentry avatar and signature are triggered, so predictable,

Coming from somebody who felt the need to post his usual, childish dribble in a thread about a character that he openly hates. Talk about predictable.

tkitna
Sentry loses the fight from damage and exhaustion. Those things are something you can't deny,

A lot of that damage was self inflicted by allowing the Hulk to hit him though. See where the problem arises?

Faceless808
My question is, why didn't Sentry use his reality warping powers to stop Green Scar? Might be a dumb question, but it's been thrown around her a lot recently and I'm genuinely curious.

I mean, why does Sentry even have to throw a punch (or take a punch) EVER in a confrontation?

DarkSaint85
Because he holds back.

Which is still a factor in forum fights. Flash would use his speed, Superman, etc.

But as we have seen with WWH, Sentry would literally stand there and allow himself to be beaten black and blue, rather than go exotic.

Faceless808
Does his mental issues prevent him from having absolute control over his RW?

tkitna
Originally posted by Faceless808
My question is, why didn't Sentry use his reality warping powers to stop Green Scar? Might be a dumb question, but it's been thrown around her a lot recently and I'm genuinely curious.

I mean, why does Sentry even have to throw a punch (or take a punch) EVER in a confrontation?

That was before he even knew he had them wasnt it?

Just checked. Yeah that was 2 years before he discovered he had those powers.

RealityWarper

He didn't know what his powers were and how to use them.

World War Hulk happened before Dark Avengers.

Faceless808
Could be, I don't really know Sentry's timeline. But wasn't his fight with the Molecule Man a long time ago? That couldn't have been a physical battle, but of course, correct me if I'm wrong.

Faceless808
That was before he even knew he had them wasnt it?

Just checked. Yeah that was 2 years before he discovered he had those powers.

Oh, OK, that explains it, then.

But wait. Even now, why would Sentry ever have to get physical with anybody?

tkitna
Does his mental issues prevent him from having absolute control over his RW?

I dont think so. In his new series he has created an entire new reality in which he travels to so that he can become Sentry and do his superhero bit. On 616 earth he's a depressed, short order cook, slob of a guy.

DarkSaint85
He didn't use any reality warping against exitar.

RealityWarper
Could be, I don't really know Sentry's timeline. But wasn't his fight with the Molecule Man a long time ago? That couldn't have been a physical battle, but of course, correct me if I'm wrong.

World War Hulk happened in 2007 - 2008.

Dark Avengers in 2009 - 2010 followed by Siege.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

He didn't try to damage Exitar either.

DarkSaint85
But he warps reality. Doesn't have to harm Exitar.

A simple BFR with a thought (rather than physically lifting). Strand Exitar in a different galaxy, or even a different time.

That's if he's warping reality casually.

Faceless808
That's kinda what my train of thought is. Sentry should never have to go physical again. Just wondering if there's a reason or a logic to him using physical strength now.

that's like a Green Lantern resorting to throwing a punch! …..Oh, wait.... LOL!

RealityWarper
But he warps reality. Doesn't have to harm Exitar.

A simple BFR with a thought (rather than physically lifting). Strand Exitar in a different galaxy, or even a different time.

That's if he's warping reality casually.

Why would he try to kill Exitar when he himself possess the mind of Celestial thanks to the Death Seed ?

Like usual you don't make any effort to understand the context or maybe just trolling and making pointless posts is enough for you.

RealityWarper
That's kinda what my train of thought is. Sentry should never have to go physical again. Just wondering if there's a reason or a logic to him using physical strength now.

He is still scared of what the Void can do as an opposite reaction too so that make sense.

tkitna

No he didnt. Not sure how reality warping would effect a Celestial either to be honest. I believe DSentry did display some of those exotic powers though when he was creating sand giants out of the ground, but people say it was TP. It was never said so who knows. Either way, your right, he never used them against Exitar.

tkitna

So stories can be written. Seriously, thats all it is. How often does Superman use Tivo or sings things out of existence? Same difference.

tkitna
Why would he try to kill Exitar when he himself possess the mind of Celestial thanks to the Death Seed ?

Like usual you don't make any effort to understand the context or maybe just trolling and making pointless posts is enough for you.

Darksaints not trolling. I think he has some legit griefs that I kind of agree with. DSentry did come to the scene to stop Exitar. It would only make sense to try and use powers that are at your disposal.

But comics,,,,, laughing out loud

Faceless808
So stories can be written. Seriously, thats all it is. How often does Superman use Tivo or sings things out of existence? Same difference.

That makes sense. But so much hype was put into Sentry's RW that it sounds like his main thing. When you think of superman, you think of his strength. When you think of the Sentry, you think of his strength AND his RW. Mind you, my knowledge of Sentry comes from this forum only.

RealityWarper
Darksaints not trolling. I think he has some legit griefs that I kind of agree with. DSentry did come to the scene to stop Exitar. It would only make sense to try and use powers that are at your disposal.

But comics,,,,, laughing out loud

Sentry showed that he didn't want to have trouble with the Celestials.

He said himself that their wrath will be mighty.

DarkSaint85
Tkitna gets me. And Faceless too....it's precisely like GL throwing a punch, lol. He literally has no reason to lay physical hands on Exitars foot.

And again, realitywarper....who said anything about killing, lol. You're obsessed with that extreme view, when my point is he doesn't need to harm Exitar with his rw powers.

RealityWarper
Tkitna gets me. And Faceless too....it's precisely like GL throwing a punch, lol. He literally has no reason to lay physical hands on Exitars foot.

And again, realitywarper....who said anything about killing, lol. You're obsessed with that extreme view, when my point is he doesn't need to harm Exitar with his rw powers.

And my point was he didn't want trouble with the Celestials. ^^

He was supposed to work with them, more or less.

tkitna
Sentry showed that he didn't want to have trouble with the Celestials.

He said himself that their wrath will be mighty.

And yet he showed up and interfered.

Faceless808
Tkitna gets me. And Faceless too....it's precisely like GL throwing a punch, lol. He literally has no reason to lay physical hands on Exitars foot. thumb up thumb up

DarkSaint85
And physically laid hands, and threw him off. Like Faceless said, it's like GL going fisticuffs with someone.

Except GL has a butt ton of other showings with ring slinging. DS Sentry has like....one showing.

RealityWarper
And yet he showed up and interfered.

He simply tried to block Exitar.

He didn't attack him.

tkitna
That makes sense. But so much hype was put into Sentry's RW that it sounds like his main thing. When you think of superman, you think of his strength. When you think of the Sentry, you think of his strength AND his RW. Mind you, my knowledge of Sentry comes from this forum only.

I think the hype is because he beat a being like Molecule Man at his own game. Those powers have only been used 3 or so times on panel ever, so they are definitely not his primary go to powers. He's come back from being killed several times and disappeared a time or two also and i'm not sure if that falls into the same thing or not. He has telepathy, TK, eye beams, energy projection, etc,,,,,but he punches people mainly. laughing

tkitna
He simply tried to block Exitar.

He didn't attack him.

He was still impeding Exitars progress and involved with thwarting his plans. Why would that be anything different?

RealityWarper
And physically laid hands, and threw him off. Like Faceless said, it's like GL going fisticuffs with someone.

Except GL has a butt ton of other showings with ring slinging. DS Sentry has like....one showing.

It's not like Sentry has as much appearances as GL neither.

He was still impeding Exitars progress and involved with thwarting his plans. Why would that be anything different?

Do I really have to explain the difference between slowing down someone's progression and attempting an homicide on that person ?

Faceless808
I think the hype is because he beat a being like Molecule Man at his own game. Those powers have only been used 3 or so times on panel ever, so they are definitely not his primary go to powers. He's come back from being killed several times and disappeared a time or two also and i'm not sure if that falls into the same thing or not. He has telepathy, TK, eye beams, energy projection, etc,,,,,but he punches people mainly. laughing

I hear ya. Thanks tkitna. I was under the impression that Sentry used his RW abilities more often than that. Seems that way, according to the posts here.

DarkSaint85
No one is advocating homicide lol!!!!

Where are you getting this from? It's like your imagination, when given the ability to make anything you wish come true, is limited to 'kill', lol.

So we have one showing of a fully competent Sentry, with the Death Seed...And he is still using physical attacks. Yet in a forum, he's busting it out at the start of the bell.

Faceless808
^^ Yes, that's what I mean about the posts on KMC makes it seem like it is Sentry's main ability.

abhilegend
Look who's talking. The guy, whose favorite character has the personality of a toaster and the complexity of a potato. It's not surprising, that you don't appreciate depth.
Guess what, Sentry is the knock off of knock off of the same character.

Sentry is not even a character, he is a mishmash of random tropes combined with a terrible writer's fantasies.

Enzeru

Guess what, Sentry is the knock off of knock off of the same character.

Glass house and shit? You might want to look into John Carter and Hugo Danner.

Sentry is not even a character, he is a mishmash of random tropes combined with a terrible writer's fantasies.

I'll take that mishmash character over the personification of boredom that is Superman any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Superman has been around for more than 70 years and still, the only reason anyone likes him is because of Christopher Reeves. LUL!

RealityWarper
No one is advocating homicide lol!!!!

Where are you getting this from? It's like your imagination, when given the ability to make anything you wish come true, is limited to 'kill', lol.

So we have one showing of a fully competent Sentry, with the Death Seed...And he is still using physical attacks. Yet in a forum, he's busting it out at the start of the bell.

The plan of the Avengers was to stop Exitar by killing him. That's pretty much the plot to stop him destroying the earth.

^^ Yes, that's what I mean about the posts on KMC makes it seem like it is Sentry's main ability.

That's because it's his main ability.

His super-powers, his prowess, comes from the fact that he can manipulate the reality at will.

He is still not trained at conciously using that ability that much.

abhilegend
Glass house and shit? You might want to look into John Carter and Hugo Danner.

I'll take that mishmash character over the personification of boredom that is Superman any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Superman has been around for more than 70 years and still, the only reason anyone likes him is because of Christopher Reeves. LUL!
Where has anyone denied about John Carter or Gladiator influence on Superman? Superman is hardly a clone of them though. He is a modern Hercules, Samson and Apollo the sun god combined.

Maybe, maybe not. But Superman has Christopher Reeve. What does Sentry has? RealityWarper?

RealityWarper
Where has anyone denied about John Carter or Gladiator influence on Superman? Superman is hardly a clone of them though. He is a modern Hercules, Samson and Apollo the sun god combined.

Superman couldn't even fly in his first appearances...

You showed, once more, your inability to make logical links.

I'm not Sentry's writer.

I'm not Sentry's future actor neither.

Either ways you can be sure that, as the Marvel Universe grows in popularity, Sentry will completely overshadow Superman.

He is a way better concept than a predictable farmboy, invested with a so classical power-set that he isn't even fun to read anymore. thumb up

DarkSaint85
The plan of the Avengers was to stop Exitar by killing him. That's pretty much the plot to stop him destroying the earth.

That's because it's his main ability.

His super-powers, his prowess, comes from the fact that he can manipulate the reality at will.

He is still not trained at conciously using that ability that much.

But....did you read the story?

Sentry didn't punch Exitar to death. He BFRd him.

Physically.

When he could've BFRd him.

By warping reality.

RealityWarper
But....did you read the story?

Sentry didn't punch Exitar to death. He BFRd him.

Physically.

When he could've BFRd him.

By warping reality.

He moved Exitar's DEAD BODY.

He didn't attack Exitar.

Thor did it with Jarnbjorn.

Did you read the story ?

DarkSaint85
He moved Exitar's DEAD BODY.

He didn't attack Exitar.

Thor did it with Jarnbjorn.

Did you read the story ?

With physical means.

Enzeru

With physical means.

He BFRed the Molecule Man.

The Exitar instance was different. There Sentry said he would take a great journey. The next time we saw him Doctor Strange said Sentry was looking for a way to die. So Sentry left together with Exitars body.

Your question should have been why Sentry didn't teleport away together with Exitar. And the answer there would be, that he is either fast enough to a point where it almost makes no difference what he does - or that the writer couldn't let him teleport away, because that would have raised the question why he didn't teleport out of the space worm.

But none of that answers the question why Sentry doesn't just hover around 24/7 and reality warps the crap out of everything.

DarkSaint85
That's exactly my point! Albeit you put it more clearly than I could, lol.

tkitna
Writers have given Sentry so a many different powers that I believe they have a hard time writing him. A lot dont know what to do with him. Creatively writing him out of stories or writing around him is a chore. He's been bluffed out by Hammond Torch and ran away, he's just flat out run away for fear of his powers on more than one occasion actually, he's been shown to tussle with Namor and ended up missing for panels afterwards (what the hell happened to him? Did Namor BFR him, KO him, etc,,,) when in another book, Namor was powerless to even land one hit on him, Vision psyches him out and Bob runs away again, worm eats him and BFR's him for an extended period of time, etc,,,,. None of those makes any sense. The only time I thought Bob was creatively written out of a story was when he was destroying Iron Man and Tony messed with Cloc. I guess what i'm trying to say is that a lot of Sentry stuff doesnt make sense because of all the different powers he has at his disposal.

psycho gundam
But you've witnessed in plain sight that Hulk overpowers him with Sentry putting in effort enough to be completely spent going further than ever before. No bfr, running away, mind manipulation, etc. That was "terrax sentry", however he was just simply fighting someone stronger than Terrax by several magnitudes

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>