Magneto vs Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

One Big Mob
Magneto at full power, no stamina issues. Wearing the helmet of course

Onslaught before he got Nate Grey and Franklin.

No BFR. Battle takes place in New York with numerous dead Sentinels on the ground.

A second scenario would include Classic Mr Sinister on Magneto's team if he's not enough.

leonidas
wouldn't that sort of make it mags vs mags/xavier...? confused

Galan007
'Full power' Mags is considerably more powerful than Onslaught-era Mags, no?

leonidas
hmm, not sure. i thought the combo was considered full power mags... shrug

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Galan007
'Full power' Mags is considerably more powerful than Onslaught-era Mags, no? Fatal Attractions Mags was initially amped (after being depowered for like 2 years). Then he had a host of problems afterwards (including coma from Charles) leading up to the Magneto War. Got depowered and then got to full power until HoM.

Originally posted by leonidas
wouldn't that sort of make it mags vs mags/xavier...? confused I never considered Onslaught to be Mags plus Xavier. It was a seperate entity more Charles than anything. Magneto's power at the time wasn't a factor in what created Onslaught, it was essentially Charles just sucking out the evil and falling to the darkside. That evil grew into its own little thing and took over.

I wouldn't consider it Charles at max either though, though Remender certainly does as long as he's evil. That brings up a good point of why Magneto's power isn't a factor in it since Red Skull could unlock it too. Though Skullslaught was certainly a ways above initial Onslaught.

MrMind
as ugly and lame as onslaught's design was
I'd go with him here

One Big Mob
Onslaught's design is top notch 90s without being overdone. When he lost the helmet is when his design went to shit.

MrMind
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Onslaught's design is top notch 90s without being overdone. When he lost the helmet is when his design went to shit.

90s muscle worship artists drew characters that made ronnie coleman look small, if that's your thing...

One Big Mob
Originally posted by MrMind
90s muscle worship artists drew characters that made ronnie coleman look small, if that's your thing... All dudes are muscled in comics. Onslaught had none of the 90s ***, no pouches, but about half of the edge. He looked like an armored Magneto.

Probably the best 90s design

MrMind
All dudes are muscled in comics. Onslaught had none of the 90s ***, no pouches, but about half of the edge. He looked like an armored Magneto.

Probably the best 90s design

onslaught looked like the lovechild of monarch and imperiex

human looking villain have the coolest design, sentry, or hal parallax. you look at them the first reaction is that mother****er is cool

if you wanna go more edgy look hela, batman who laughs and red death batman has the right idea

One Big Mob
Sentry looks like Fabio. Parallax is alright. Imperiex has a nipple tassel on his head. Monarch is good.

Name me 5 original characters or redesigns introduced in the 90s that look better than first form Onslaught.

psycho gundam
Could be wrong but Jim Lee Magneto (he may not have been the one who gave him that iconic costume)

MrMind
Sentry looks like Fabio. Parallax is alright. Imperiex has a nipple tassel on his head. Monarch is good.

Name me 5 original characters or redesigns introduced in the 90s that look better than first form Onslaught.

oh god so many

the darkness witchblade anyone from top cow
spawn anyone from image
mr majestic and anyone from wildstorm
john constantine, lucifer morningstar, death of the endless morpheus anyone from vertigo

psycho gundam
Omega red

One Big Mob
Red is good.

oh god so many

the darkness witchblade anyone from top cow
spawn anyone from image
mr majestic and anyone from wildstorm
john constantine, lucifer morningstar, death of the endless morpheus anyone from vertigo Every DC character (outside one) you said were introduced and had their appearances already mapped out in the 80s. Lucifer just wore random suits in the 90s so meh. Constantine is still wearing the same thing from his first appearance.
Majestic looks like he's wearing thigh high boots though.

Witchblade is absolutely awful design though. Bro, come on with that. All it is is fanservice.

Spawn is good though. Darkness as well. Both are the height of acceptable edge though.

Do you also not like Magneto's design as well?

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Could be wrong but Jim Lee Magneto (he may not have been the one who gave him that iconic costume) Same as first appearance, just buffed him up or rather just Jim Lee's take on his costume.

MrMind

Every DC character (outside one) you said were introduced and had their appearances already mapped out in the 80s. Lucifer just wore random suits in the 90s so meh. Constantine is still wearing the same thing from his first appearance.
Majestic looks like he's wearing thigh high boots though.

Witchblade is absolutely awful design though. Bro, come on with that. All it is is fanservice.

Spawn is good though. Darkness as well. Both are the height of acceptable edge though.

Do you also not like Magneto's design as well?

Honestly how good someone really look depends on artists. someone like Stjepan Sejic, dexter roy or Kenneth Rocafort can make anyone look beautiful

We have different taste, I like characters that are handsome/pretty looking, kinda has that final fantasy vibe to it
as far as comic wise wildstorm has so many cool design (can't post pic since im in communist china and my vpn dont work well), but google any nemesis zealot or just jim lee's design in general
still wildstorm best are after 21 century, characters like elijah snow from planetary who are far away from traditional superheroes just wearing white suit, suits always > armors and costumes

majestic is a hit or miss depends on artist but mostly look better than superman and his copycats
this just look pure badass
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-S-bg_DimZFw/WfiZzjWsX-I/AAAAAAAAELw/_noWtP0VeE8qyIQFjtuAICS9lNLT4k7egCK4BGAYYCw/s1600/Wildstorm%2BSpotlight%2B1%2B-%2BMajestic%2B-%2B08.jpg

lucifer and death was introduced in 89 but granted

I like magneto without the helmet he looks cool

marvel side the designs i furiously masterbate to are the mystical one, rune king thor hela adam warlock in annihilation, selene and sersi, or maybe phoenix depends on artist.

dc art has gotten considerabely better since new 52, batman who laughs or red death batman, h'el, red lantern supergirl or earth 2 alan scott

dc design more shitty looking characters than marvel but the top ones blow marvel away, superman look better than tony, batman look better than cap, hal look better than thor, wonder woman power girl and supergirl look better than emma jean and ms marvel.

MrMind
on a side note real life superheroes movie wise

no one i mean no one look better than brandon lee's the crow, just black metal goth face

One Big Mob
Honestly how good someone really look depends on artists. someone like Stjepan Sejic, dexter roy or Kenneth Rocafort can make anyone look beautiful

majestic is a hit or miss depends on artist but mostly look better than superman and his copycats
this just look pure badass

I like magneto without the helmet he looks cool

dc design more shitty looking characters than marvel but the top ones blow marvel away, superman look better than tony, batman look better than cap, hal look better than thor, wonder woman power girl and supergirl look better than emma jean and ms marvel.

True, but 90's art and designs was generally seperate from great art. Even good artists had to deal with shit like Thor's exposed belly button. It was just a different time starting around 93 I believe. Superman also rocked a ****ing mullet for example. It was just a bad time for a lot of characters and new characters. Onslaught piggybacking off of Magneto came off looking great imo in a shitty time. Then they ruined him.

Mr Majestic does have good costumes but his 90s days weren't his best. Liefeld helmet with thigh highs.

Magneto's helmet makes the costume. I see where our disagreements on Onslaught are though. Both the "armor" and his helmet. Onslaught after absorbing Franklin looked like shit though.

Eh... highly highly subjective.
Hal looking better than Thor I bet would land on a very low percent on any poll out of 100 though.

Just because it's iconic doesn't mean it's great. Both companies have some bullshit and some good things. X-Men classic bad guys are the height of greatness though. You'd be hard pressed to find a better looking rogue gallery.

One Big Mob
on a side note real life superheroes movie wise

no one i mean no one look better than brandon lee's the crow, just black metal goth face Spawn too

I don't really like the way most look in MCU or DCU looks though. Iron Man for example is too blocky. Hela was good. Black Panther I guess since he's almost spot on with comics.

Fox had better designs ignoring X-Men and F4. Blade was good. Shanisher is pretty good imo.

MrMind
True, but 90's art and designs was generally seperate from great art. Even good artists had to deal with shit like Thor's exposed belly button. It was just a different time starting around 93 I believe. Superman also rocked a ****ing mullet for example. It was just a bad time for a lot of characters and new characters. Onslaught piggybacking off of Magneto came off looking great imo in a shitty time. Then they ruined him.

Mr Majestic does have good costumes but his 90s days weren't his best. Liefeld helmet with thigh highs.

Magneto's helmet makes the costume. I see where our disagreements on Onslaught are though. Both the "armor" and his helmet. Onslaught after absorbing Franklin looked like shit though.

Eh... highly highly subjective.
Hal looking better than Thor I bet would land on a very low percent on any poll out of 100 though.

Just because it's iconic doesn't mean it's great. Both companies have some bullshit and some good things. X-Men classic bad guys are the height of greatness though. You'd be hard pressed to find a better looking rogue gallery.

the big 2 companies were muscle worshippin in the 90s, the best characters were not from these 2, the 90s goth genre is where it's at, the crow, darkness for example. if we go indie, I specifically like all the covers from heavy metal magezines. I like the more grown up look. vertigo had good design too but some of the artists from hellblazer and sandman were so freaking bad.

classic x-men were cheesy as fuk though, excalibur was ok, jamie braddock was very cool, rogue and psylocke are fine. x-men had some fine women including the villain ones.

regarding hal and thor. it's not really a popularity contest, marvel has more fans. thor does got that nordic scandanavian viking look i give you that. I like thor the best in the early 2000 with the odin force and then rune king thor. he looked badass in fear itself with the sword too. but the problem with him is his too jacked. hal has the perfect physique. it's like comparing dorian yates and frank zane. dorian yates is more dominating but frank zane is simply more aesthetic (no homo lol)
sentry just rock the long blond hair nordic look better than thor, thor is wayyy to big.
also hal just keep looking better, hobo gauntlet hal or zero hour hal in convergence. hands down the badass mother****er on the field.
marvel did ruin some good things though, ms marvel was sexy as hell they have to change her to captain marvel with lesbian hair. steve rogers were looking good when he gave up the captain america costume in heroic age

MrMind
Spawn too

I don't really like the way most look in MCU or DCU looks though. Iron Man for example is too blocky. Hela was good. Black Panther I guess since he's almost spot on with comics.

Fox had better designs ignoring X-Men and F4. Blade was good. Shanisher is pretty good imo.

I liked some mcu design, loki cap and doctor strange, granted simply because tom hiddleston, chris evans and benedict cucumber are good looking

hela is good too, also short hair thor

dceu wise, ben affleck's armor was wayyy too jacked though he look perfect for bruce wayne. superman was one dimensional, khal drogo aquaman was badass, wonder woman was simply fine as hell, can't think of another woman played a better looking female superhero than gal gadot

I do not like the fox x-men at all, simply cant stand michael fassbender and james mcavoy, they both douchey. f4 was disasterous

blade was hella cool

MrMind
magneto looked the best at the end of house of m
when he was in civilian cloth, had the aura of a king

MrMind
actually i stand corrected, faora is the sexist female live superhero character in the last 20 years
look at her damn
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111338760/6181748-4543200-screen%2Bshot%2B2015-05-04%2Bat%2B11.16.20.png

marvel has the best looking male live superhero in the last 20 years, this guy
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/default/files/infinity-war-cap-1.jpg

damn sorry for triple posts, im done lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mr. Mind has spent A LOT of time thinking about the ideal male physique.

One Big Mob
magneto looked the best at the end of house of m
when he was in civilian cloth, had the aura of a king Holy shit do our opinions differ.

But as to the rest. It's cool. Glad we can have a good discussion about very different viewpoints. As for sexiest, Scarjo was about the only other one not mentioned I can think of off the top of my head that would compare. Sloppy promo Hela too was good. I thought I could add something there but they really don't have too much. Gal is good I guess. There's no one I can think of that I'd like to make a broth out of their panties though, besides Prime Scarjo. Maybe I'm missing something. srug

DarkSaint85
Ma Kent thumb up

One Big Mob
No... but you made me think of Prime Lynda Carter. Definitely get some flavor out of her bloomers.

That's my top 1 I think.

Young Diane Lane though

MrMind
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mr. Mind has spent A LOT of time thinking about the ideal male physique.

Ever heard of bodybuilding?
You spend A LOT of time masterbating to a crappy comic knock off version of mythical norse god, with a hammer and helmet with little wings on it. you of all people should know these feels. don't tell me rage you never think about thor's physique, cause I don't believe that for a second. At least I'm honest about it lol.

MrMind
Holy shit do our opinions differ.

But as to the rest. It's cool. Glad we can have a good discussion about very different viewpoints. As for sexiest, Scarjo was about the only other one not mentioned I can think of off the top of my head that would compare. Sloppy promo Hela too was good. I thought I could add something there but they really don't have too much. Gal is good I guess. There's no one I can think of that I'd like to make a broth out of their panties though, besides Prime Scarjo. Maybe I'm missing something. srug

scarjo lost her glow in infinity war. women age like milk. even the fine one. Elizabeth Olsen looked sexier, was semi turn on by her. honestly they both look too short to be badass and cool superheroes, still hnnngg though. other ones i can think of, amber heard look fine as fuk as mera

scarlett jo was in her prime in lost in translation (great movie too), she's one of them busty girl. thick in the right places

carver9
Onslaught wins with ease.

AbelAnderson
Onslaught was basically Magneto + Xavier,he takes this handily.

carver9
He punched Juggernaut across states (Classic jugs) and koed him in a single hit. Then he snatched the gem out of Juggernaut chest with just a flinch of his finger. He mud stomped Xman, something that Magneto isnt doing. This is a non fight. Onslaught (even during this era) was a sid trans.

carver9
Leaving this here for fun...

https://m.imgur.com/1ibnuja

But I would also like to leave this here. It proves that Magneto helmet would be useless.

https://m.imgur.com/Tp2lSg3

Onslaught breach Juggernaut helmet (isnt the first time either) and blocks his brain from mentioning his name.

Delta1938
Ever heard of bodybuilding?
You spend A LOT of time masterbating to a crappy comic knock off version of mythical norse god, with a hammer and helmet with little wings on it. you of all people should know these feels. don't tell me rage you never think about thor's physique, cause I don't believe that for a second. At least I'm honest about it lol.

DAYUM.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.