Batman vs Black Manta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkSaint85
Used the search function, didn't find it, maybe because I didn't actually bother searching.

Anyway, Aquaman's greatest foe, against the Dark Knight. Usual starting distance of 150m, battlefield is a football stadium (so nice open areas if you want it, but also narrow passageways and sneaky sneaky places if you want it).

Philosophía
Hm.

Bump.

leonidas
i'd take bats. his ranged weapons would be good enough to get through the suit and i think bats is more than skilled enough to avoid most of what bm can throw at him and even end him in cqc. i know manta can hang with am, but i still like bats if it gets close. never really got the whole manta/arthur thing. has manta been confirmed at super powered officially?

Stoic
Without his gear Batman would probably win after a decent scuffle, with the gear I can't see Batman winning a majority here at all.

beatboks
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd take bats. his ranged weapons would be good enough to get through the suit and i think bats is more than skilled enough to avoid most of what bm can throw at him and even end him in cqc. i know manta can hang with am, but i still like bats if it gets close. never really got the whole manta/arthur thing. has manta been confirmed at super powered officially?

Manta isnt super human but his suit augments his strength and durability. Wearing the suit hes at least class 40. Add to that the fact ita bulletproof, is completely self contained for air, cannot be gotten into even on a microscopic level and the optic blasts and other weapons he has I'd say Bats has an uphill battle. Pretty sure nu52 Manta is also a former merc.

Bats can win with prep certainly, random encounter? I doubt it.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Without his gear Batman would probably win after a decent scuffle, with the gear I can't see Batman winning a majority here at all.

Repeat, please.

carver9

This.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
This.

I'll smash you.

riv6672
Same.

leonidas
what gear are we talking about as a difference maker for manta? eye blasts=laser gun. spears/harpoons? i dunno. i could see bats cutting his suit, or using acid on it then some combo of gas maybe. bats also has lasers and some powerful explosives both in and out of batarangs. in a ring environment i might lean more heavily to manta. with this environment bats can hide and pick and choose his spots. i'd still take bats here.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Repeat, please.

Batman only wins if Manta isn't in his armor

Wenjun Chew
With gear, no prep? I am leaning on Batman here, Black Manta could contend with a morals-on Aquaman, but Batman has always been dealing with superpowered characters in Justice League. Can go either way.

DarkSaint85
Yeah to clarify: both sides have no prep, but all the gear they are USUALLY shown to carry. So gear that the comics haven't shown them prepping specifically (cold gun that was used against the Court of Owls for example, is out).

riv6672
Still gotta go w. Manta.

Kazenji
Batman all the way.

Vanguard
I don't like Black Manta. But he'd kick the shit outta Batman.

Senor Cage
Manta is written inconsistently at times. At one end, he's having a good tussle with Aquaman, and on the other end, he's losing to Deathstroke.

Higher end Manta pummels Batman. Lower end will job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.