Overlord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
WW2 horror movie from JJ Abrams

USPd0vX2sdc

Estacado
This looks so much fun!

Kazenji
I was getting a CoD zombies vibe from it.

Kazenji
KZNxMTRBXvI

davidguttermans
This looks good.

Patient_Leech
I want to see this. It looks good and is getting good reviews.

I hope JJ Abrams' association doesn't ruin it, but he didn't direct it, so he's probably irrelevant. Looks like the director hasn't done many feature-lengths.

riv6672
Originally posted by davidguttermans
This looks good.

Flyattractor
Finally. A Castle Wolfenstien Movie!

BruceSkywalker
may see this

Flyattractor
I could see this,but doubt I will waste a theater visit for it.

Kazenji
Reading the director of this movie will be doing the new Flash Gordon movie for FOX.

Nibedicus
Only Overlord I wanna watch has a spellcasting skeleton in it.

riv6672

Kazenji
Yeah the old 80's one has some dodgy special effects but i guess that's part of its charm.

Flyattractor
Cheese is a GOOD Thing. CHEESE is FUN!!

Patient_Leech
I saw this with a friend and plan to do a video review with him, but that may take a couple weeks.

Basically it seemed like JJ Abrams was directing over this new guy's shoulder and the writing is uninspired.

It's a shame because the idea was so good. But I think we'd all be better off just watching Inglorious Basterds and Planet Terror again.

Flyattractor
SO there is Lots and Lots of Lens Flare then?

Lord Lucien
That trailer was really unique and original, I've never seen that style before.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
SO there is Lots and Lots of Lens Flare then?

Haha.. no, I didn't notice any, but I actually mentioned that to my friend before the movie started, "There better not be a bunch of shaky cam and lens flares." It had more to do with the sort of generic characters that you're just supposed to care about... because.

Eh, it just didn't seem like they had as much fun with the premise as they should have. It wanted to be serious and over-the-top horror at the same time and it just didn't work all that well for me. And CGI horror has got to stop.

steverules_2

Kazenji
^ There was plans for that prequel to use stop motion and animatronics but of the course the idiots in charge scrapped it.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Haha.. no, I didn't notice any, but I actually mentioned that to my friend before the movie started, "There better not be a bunch of shaky cam and lens flares." It had more to do with the sort of generic characters that you're just supposed to care about... because.

Eh, it just didn't seem like they had as much fun with the premise as they should have. It wanted to be serious and over-the-top horror at the same time and it just didn't work all that well for me. And CGI horror has got to stop.

I already saw that in the Frankenstein's Army Movie.

PMUQ2IMuz8o

Which was Actually Quite Good!!!!!!

Patient_Leech
^ That actually looks somewhat amusing.

I finally was able to do a movie review with my friend. And if you stick around until the very end, I do have a little nod to KMC so you'll know it's me.

h3cMKSukCqk

Robtard
The intro airplane scene was well done/cool.

Overall though, this wasn't very good. Not something I'd likely watch again.

Flyattractor
Just went up a couple of notches on the must see scale.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Overall though, this wasn't very good. Not something I'd likely watch again.

That's basically the conclusion we came to. Give our review a watch. I think you'll be amused.

Robtard
I'll do so later; while touching myself.

Flyattractor
Nice to see Robbie come "Clean" and admit to being an INCEL!

Patient_Leech
Yay! My first internet groupie!! love

Flyattractor
More like GROUPIE with how the vid started....And the names got covered up by the Adds at the end...Priceless! I am happy I got covered by The Meg tho... I did like that movie. More then Venom anyway...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.