The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheIndyJedi
http://i.imgur.com/EGdMvc7h.jpg

Trailers:
RI7WyhWZkzk
Dx9CMSPMfRs
ZLW2jkd6E7g

Zenwolf
Alright.

relentless1
fuuuckk yeaaaahhhhh

MythLord
kewl

Total Warrior
Was about to create the same thread big grin

carthage
Sounds good

Trocity
Weird, but alright.

Darth Thor
Yeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Thats more like it Disney! Or Lucasfilm, or whoever makes the decisions nowadays.

Total Warrior
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

cs_zoltan
Looked so good until the end.

DarthAnt66
Twelve new episodes.

Four are the Siege of Mandalore, likely.

I hope the other eight aren't the finished story reels of Utapau and Bad Batch.

relentless1
please for the love of god make Son of Dathomir!!! I dont care if its already a comic

DarthAnt66
Sadly, I think it's very, very unlikely that they'll do Son of Dathomir.

Selenial
Originally posted by Total Warrior
A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one

thumb up

Originally posted by relentless1
please for the love of god make Son of Dathomir!!! I dont care if its already a comic

Hopefully. The siege of Mandalore was already released in book form, so wouldn't surprise me if Son of Dathomir was done in the show too.

Selenial
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sadly, I think it's very, very unlikely that they'll do Son of Dathomir.

Out of curiosity, why?

DarthAnt66
The Siege was only the prologue of the Ahsoka novel. I don't think they'd waste all this money and energy just to do a comic-to-screen adaptation of SoD when there's scripts for 32 episodes we haven't seen anything with.

DarthAnt66
That being said, I hope I'm wrong and SoD is produced.

Selenial
The Siege was only the prologue of the Ahsoka novel. I don't think they'd waste all this money and energy just to do a comic-to-screen adaptation when there's scripts for 52 episodes we haven't seen anything with.

Perhaps, but the Dathomir arcs of the Clone Wars were the most watched of season 3 and 4 (aside from a single episode of the Mortis series, and the premiers), so there's definitely a financial reason. Of the millions who watched those episodes, I bet less than a single percent have a clue what happened to Maul and Talzin.

DarthAnt66
I guess it's possible.

They might also do the four episode arc where Sidious captures Yoda and tries to break into the Jedi Temple vault. I feel a lot of people would watch that.

They also might trim the original scripts to fit more in episodes - so a four episode arc might be condensed to three or two.

Zenwolf
Seems to me they're just doing the Mandalore arc, since it's just gonna be 12 episodes. I can't imagine they'd try to shove in all these other things that have already happened in some form or another.

DarthAnt66
The Mandalore arc was planned to only be 4 episodes.

As to Sel's point, though, they might have to explain how Maul's now the ruler of Mandalore again.

Zenwolf
The Mandalore arc was planned to only be 4 episodes.

As to Sel's point, though, they might have to explain how Maul's now the ruler of Mandalore again.

They could always stretch it out. But fair.

DarthAnt66
The new "Clone Wars Saved" slogan that Disney is using is pissing me off since they killed it in the first place, lmao.

edit: fixed

TheIndyJedi
The new "Star Wars Saved" slogan that Disney is using is pissing me off since they killed it in the first place, lmao.

I thought u liked the new films so far?

DarthAnt66
I meant * "Clone Wars Saved."

TheIndyJedi
If they do Son of Dathomir, do u guys think they might do Dark Disciple as well??

DarthAnt66
I rather have no TCW than TCW w/ Dark Disciple.

I'd honestly sacrifice like the top of a finger if it meant Dark Disciple never be put on TV.

Freedon Nadd
What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?

TheIndyJedi
I meant * "Clone Wars Saved."
Gotcha

TheIndyJedi
I rather have no TCW than TCW w/ Dark Disciple.

I'd honestly sacrifice like the top of a finger if it meant Dark Disciple never be put on TV.

thumb up thumb up

TheIndyJedi
But tbh it wouldn't matter anyway as the book is canon

Unbowed
More Maul is always good.

Come to think of it, wasn't there some artwork that had him fighting Quinlan Vos?

DarthSkywalker0
Gonna be trash if Rebels was anything to go by.

( Post by Syndiciate )

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Gonna be trash if Rebels was anything to go by.

( Post by Syndiciate )

This won't be on Disney XD though, so expect it to be not like Rebels

DarthAnt66
Listening to SDCC, I get the impression Filoni's going to at least do the Kashyyyk and Boba/Cad story arcs also

Galan007
It's going to be the Siege of Mandalore.

If they flesh-out the pertinent parts from the Ahsoka novel I could easily see them filling 12 episodes -- especially if they add additional Maul/Ahsoka content.

relentless1
I guess it's possible.

They might also do the four episode arc where Sidious captures Yoda and tries to break into the Jedi Temple vault. I feel a lot of people would watch that.

They also might trim the original scripts to fit more in episodes - so a four episode arc might be condensed to three or two.

where can i find info on that Yoda torture arc?!!? The best things in CW was revolved round the Sith and/or Yoda

DarthAnt66
Wookieepedia aside, I'm not sure. I imagine Filoni briefly mentioned it in some celebrations and that's what they're going off.

ares834
Damn. Out of left field.

Unlike every other SW product these days, I'm looking forward to this. thumb up

ares834
Hopefully they don't waste these episodes on shit like Dark Disciple.

Total Warrior

Galan007
I don't see Dark Disciple happening at all. Not enough general interest.

TheIndyJedi
I still want to see that Maul vs Mace Windu duel in animation form.
I don't think it was even shown in the Son of Dathomir comic

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't see Dark Disciple happening at all. Not enough general interest. tbh DD sold good

TheIndyJedi
tbh DD sold good

Because its like the only Disney canon novel that is set during the prequel era

AncientPower
Have it end in Operation Knightfall and I'd buy this on god damn 4KHD.

CuckedCurry
Originally posted by AncientPower

Total Warrior
Originally posted by AncientPower

quanchi112
Those who have doubted Disney Star Wars, **** you.

I am pleased.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by quanchi112

I am pleased. TFA and TLJ still kinda suck though

Zenwolf
Frankly though, this shouldn't be like this. We shouldn't have had to wait all this time, especially since the season was in production. Now to me it looks like Disney/Lucasfilm panicked and ran to Dave and said

"Dave, quick! You can do your last season of The Clone Wars!"

Just to put them in a good light with all the ridiculous stuff they've said and all that.

It's great that Dave can finish what he was wanting to do, but how it's going about shouldn't have happened to begin with, he should have been able to finish it back in 2014 when the series was still going, not cancel it and then have a 4 year gap when they wanted to bring it back.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by quanchi112

I am pleased.

....Disney killed TCW in the first place?

And ruined TLJ with their unnecessary rose/finn bullshit

Rockydonovang
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Now can we please do this for teen titans too?

Rockydonovang
Twelve new episodes.

Wait what? Wasn't there originally a few seasons planned? Why would they only do 12 eps?

Freedon Nadd
Man, I damn enjoyed Teen Titans.

Darth Thor

Beniboybling
Disney made an unforgivable error in cancelling TCW yeah, but at least they delivered with TLJ.

quanchi112
TFA and TLJ still kinda suck though TLJ is the best Star Wars film to date. Watch your mouth, boy.

quanchi112

Fated Xtasy

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
https://youtu.be/RI7WyhWZkzk
This is not a drill **** is up with Anakin's face?

Total Warrior

TheNuisanceBird
Twelve new episodes.

Four are the Siege of Mandalore, likely.

I hope the other eight aren't the finished story reels of Utapau and Bad Batch.

Same. They've shown a brief shot of the finished Bad Batch shot so they might no be counted as the new episodes.

deathslash
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Disney made an unforgivable error in cancelling TCW yeah, but at least they delivered with TLJ. ....TLJ was absolute trash that killed the character of Luke, killed Luke, kept Rey as a stupidly powerful Mary Sue, killed Snoke without even explaining who he is, and had generally retarded plot holes. How anyone could've liked that dumpster fire is beyond me.

quanchi112

deathslash

Darth Thor
Luke was handled terribly in the first 2 acts of the film. But there was some redemption in the 3rd act.

Kylo was simply more interesting than Snoke, so that was probably a good move.

The 2 biggest and unforgivable sins of the NT are 1) Copying the OT so unashamedly and 2) Reys retarded character arc.

quanchi112

Kurk
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Luke was handled terribly in the first 2 acts of the film. But there was some redemption in the 3rd act.

Kylo was simply more interesting than Snoke, so that was probably a good move.

The 2 biggest and unforgivable sins of the NT are 1) Copying the OT so unashamedly and 2) Reys retarded character arc.
i find snoke's past far more interesting than ren's. that is one thing i agree with quanchi about.

Darth Thor

victreebelvictr

Total Warrior
https://youtu.be/Dx9CMSPMfRs

thought it may be worth to discuss, maybe?

TheIndyJedi
Can't wait to see Maul get humiliated again by Filoni!!!!!

ares834
Looking forward to seeing Maul get shit on some more. thumb up

Edit: Glad to see I'm not the only one. lol

Galan007
Merging with the discussion thread.

Galan007
And if you couldn't already tell by the trailer, Filoni also confirmed that this season will complete The Siege of Mandalore arc.

Zenwolf
Well at least that's something done right.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah TCW Ahsoka vs TCW Maul has to be an Epic fight. Like the best ever.

F*** You Filoni.... F*** You

Galan007

F*** You Filoni.... F*** You I mean, did you really think that Filoni wouldn't wank Ahsoka here?

Darth Thor
^ I dont know man. Why keep using Maul to wank others?

Clearly not nearly enough Maul fans sent him death threats after Rebels.

Galan007
Tbh, it doesn't really bother me... Only because I think the season itself will be pretty great.

I'm expecting their battle to a bit more fleshed out then it was in the novel. Should be great visually, but probably not something a hardcore Maul fan will be able to fully appreciate.

...At least he survives, though. stick out tongue

Zenwolf
I mean, did you really think that Filoni wouldn't wank Ahsoka here?

After what happened with her in Rebels, I'm not surprised by anything he does with her.

Also @ Thor, because Maul is basically the only evil villain left that anything can happen to.

Tbh I kinda wish they left him dead in TPM, I mean they had Savage Opress, Ventress, Grevious and Dooku. Adding a 5th villain seems kinda much tbh, especially when we really only ever see like 3 Jedi predominantly throughout TCW.

Also anyone notice, that we never really get any huge battles? Like...huge, it always seems like squad/platoon level with maybe a few vehicles in TCW. I kinda hope we get something more in this one.

Darth Thor
^ Well I did appreciate them fleshing his character out in TCW.

Would have preferred Sidious just killed him in The Lawless (or SOD), instead of just keeping him around to continuously job.

Zenwolf
Also TF 99 while cool looking, really hope they aren't a disappointment like SCAR squadron. All flash and not really any substance.

TheIndyJedi

F*** You Filoni.... F*** You

Ahsoka is going to beat him in 2 moves, just you watch. It's Filoni? It's not like the guy ever had any respect for Maul

Darth Thor
Okay so about continuity... Ahsoka has her White sabers, which she got from an Inquisitor, and Maul has his double blade Inquisitor saber... So does this fight take place After the Ahsoka Novel then, as in after ROTS?

Zenwolf
Probably time skip, which would seem kinda strange.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah but it shows Anakin giving her those Sabers. But hes supposed to hand her green ones back. So either that scene is a misdirect, or the Ahsoka Novel has been retconned.

Zenwolf
Maul just appears to have a regular double bladed, while Ahsoka has her two blue. They could have more than one fight?

Darth Thor
^ His double blade is the one he has in Rebels. Hes apparently got it from an Inquisitor.

Anyway when he fights Ahsoka at the beginning of her novel, he has his dark saber im sure. So it has to be after that part of the novel at least.

ares834

quanchi112
Yeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!

Thats more like it Disney! Or Lucasfilm, or whoever makes the decisions nowadays. Told you to have faith you faux fan.

Episode 9 will bank and be awesome as well that you doubted. I am always right.

Darth Thor

ares834
I mean, we've always knew that was going to be a case. There have already been bigger retcons anyway, even within the films themselves.

carthage

Darth Thor

...At least he survives, though. stick out tongue

Oh jeez I hope they don't have her chop his legs off to justify the different ones he has in Solo sad

Galan007
lol so much for Canon is Canon now. I think the parts of the novel that actually depict some of their battle will still be canon for the most part(albeit more fleshed-out), but also keep in mind that there were a lot of cutaways in the novel. That gives Filoni free reign to do...pretty much whatever he wants with this.

Oh jeez I hope they don't have her chop his legs off to justify the different ones he has in Solo sad Tbh, I'm far more interested in how Maul lost control of his criminal syndicate after Solo, and ended up marooned on Malachor by the time of Rebels. For me, the battle between he and Ahsoka is the last thing I'm looking forward to seeing this season.

What I'm hoping for is that this season ultimately culminates with the commencement of Order 66/Operation Knightfall, and ends with Anakin marching up the steps of the Jedi Temple with the 501st before the proverbial 'fade to black'.

https://i.imgur.com/GwFQK1g.gif

Darth Thor
^ We shall see. I dont think the part where they clash blades once (with his dark saber), and Rex and crew capture him is happening. But they might be able to leave room for that to have still happened at some point.

Yeah I do want to know how Mauls story shifts from SOD to Solo. But we still wont find out how he gets stranded on Malachor because that would be post Solo.

Oh yes Operation Knightfall please.

Galan007
^ We shall see. I dont think the part where they clash blades once (with his dark saber), and Rex and crew capture him is happening. But they might be able to leave room for that to have still happened at some point.

Yeah I do want to know how Mauls story shifts from SOD to Solo. But we still wont find out how he gets stranded on Malachor because that would be post Solo.

Oh yes Operation Knightfall please. Hm. I don't remember the darksaber being mentioned in the novel. The novel did mention Maul using a lightsaber, though. /shrug

I think their lightsaber battle could very well culminate with Ahsoka 'capturing' Maul, only for Maul to escape soon after when Order 66 is commenced and the battle goes sideways. /shrug

In the time between SoD and Solo, Maul lost *some* control over the crime syndicates, but he was still a HUGE player in the criminal underworld. In the time between Solo and Rebels, however, he'd lost *all* control over the crime syndicates, and ended up stranded on Malachor. I'd definitely like to get some backstory on the latter... Wtf happened to him? Very doubtful that he just gave up all that power willingly. /shrug

Darth Thor

Zenwolf
Republic/Jedi probably destroy it, either that or given that they are criminals, they fight amongst eachother and disband.

Galan007
Republic/Jedi probably destroy what?

Maul was still a predominate figurehead in the criminal underworld well after the Empire was formed.

Zenwolf
But we're talking about the syndicate? He could still be a notable figure even after the fact.

Galan007
Oh, miscommunication.

I'm just talking about how he lost *all* of his control over the crime syndicates between the events of Solo and Rebels.

We already know a bit about how he lost *some* of that control between the events of SoD and Solo.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah something must have happened. Im guessing something along the lines of the Empire wanting to form closer ties to the Underworld, and stamping Maul out. As they were hunting him in Rebels.

TheIndyJedi
Apprarently they brought Ray Park back for motion capture for the Maul duel scenes. Surely they didn't spend that much money to get Ray Park back only to have him be wrecked by Ahsoka?

Galan007
They probably just paid him in cheeseburgers.

CaveDude33211
They probably just paid him in cheeseburgers.

laughing laughing laughing

Darth Thor
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Apprarently they brought Ray Park back for motion capture for the Maul duel scenes. Surely they didn't spend that much money to get Ray Park back only to have him be wrecked by Ahsoka?

I mean, continuity wise, she really shouldnt be winning, or Maul would be very stupid to so confidently betray both Ahsoka and Kanan in Rebels. Plus his line - Running AGAIN Lady Tano- suggests she fled from him the first time.

But we shall see if Filoni gives 2 craps about that.

Rockydonovang
why not just complete the show the way feloni intended? Clone Wars is by far the most loved thing disney has off al their material. What benefit is there, commercial or otherwise, to an abridged conclusion?

why not just do all the original scripts? Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Ahsoka's rebellion, the LOE inspiration

Darth Thor
^ Because we should just be grateful Mickey Mouse has allowed this finale to TCW.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
why not just complete the show the way feloni intended? Clone Wars is by far the most loved thing disney has off al their material. What benefit is there, commercial or otherwise, to an abridged conclusion?

why not just do all the original scripts? Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Ahsoka's rebellion, the LOE inspiration

But we can't because Filoni wants Maul to look like a retard again.

Zenwolf
So I might be the minority in thinking this, but now that a lot of time has passed. Does anyone else feel different about TCW and how it holds up?

I mean don't get me wrong, some arcs were done well. But I feel like those were few and far between and a lot of the action and battles. I wasn't feeling them, again some exceptions, but really the most notable one being the 501st vs Pong Krell.

Perhaps the final season will be different who knows. It's just, re-thinking about TCW I didn't feel the WARS part of it ya know?

Darth Thor
^ Its still the best of the Canon EU Imo.

The animation in general was until that poop that is Resistance cane along.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
I personally really enjoyed my weekly Clone Wars. To the point where I didnt really need a new Trilogy, especially not if Lucas continued to do animations set in different time periods.

Even loved the first season of Rebels, and enjoyed the second season. Then that show just lost the plot. And Resistance... just... eww.

Zenwolf
I personally really enjoyed my weekly Clone Wars. To the point where I didnt really need a new Trilogy, especially not if Lucas continued to do animations set in different time periods.

Even loved the first season of Rebels, and enjoyed the second season. Then that show just lost the plot. And Resistance... just... eww.

Yeah I felt 6 movies were enough, why people wanted more...no clue, then look what happened...talk about being shot in the foot. All other aspects were doing fine. I just felt like TCW was too small in battle scope to focus on character arcs, which is fine don't get me wrong but there's a huge war going on ya know? They could do both.

This isn't to say I didn't enjoy it at the time, so who knows maybe the final season will change my perspective again.

Galan007
I think TCW was great because it added SO much depth to not only the characters themselves, but the entire mythos. Obviously some arcs were much better than others, but you're going to get that with any show, I guess. I have a feeling S7 is going to be pretty dark, so I'm expecting good things from it as well. /shrug

Where Rebels is concerned, it obviously started off a LOT stronger than it ended. But as a whole, I liked it more than I disliked it.

Resistance is a steaming pile of crap, though. How it was renewed for another season I have no clue.

Surtur
Clone Wars captured everything that is great about Star Wars. And it was quite dark in previous seasons.

Darth Thor
I think TCW was great because it added SO much depth to not only the characters themselves, but the entire mythos. Obviously some arcs were much better than others, but you're going to get that with any show, I guess. I have a feeling S7 is going to be pretty dark, so I'm expecting good things from it as well. /shrug

Yeah it added a lot to the Universe and to the Mythos.

My only worry with S7 is that Filoni has free reign now. I feel like Lucas was keeping him under his reigns for the previous seasons.

We have seen the decline in Star Wars animation post Disney, for which Filoni has had free reign for the most part.

Surtur
For some reason my favorite arc was the one where they go to that planet with the three powerful force users. The Father, Sister, and Brother.

Galan007
The Mortis arc was great. thumb up

Zenwolf
I don't have a real good feeling for S7, I mean sure the trailer made it look nice but that can be deceiving. Hope I'm wrong though.

Galan007
*Currently being slated for a February 2020 release date...

Zenwolf
Well finally.

-Pr-

Where Rebels is concerned, it obviously started off a LOT stronger than it ended. But as a whole, I liked it more than I disliked it.

Resistance is a steaming pile of crap, though. How it was renewed for another season I have no clue.

I've said it before, but Anakin is practically transformed by it. Watching ROTS with this in mind makes you look at him completely differently imo.

Zenwolf
I mean, I didn't really need TCW before since other material fleshed out Anakin just as well. TCW is just more convenient for the average viewer.

Darth Thor
^ Its important to see him fleshed out on screen IMO.

Not just read about him being more fleshed out in a novel or comic. Especially ones which ultimately were never going to be canon.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean, I didn't really need TCW before since other material fleshed out Anakin just as well. TCW is just more convenient for the average viewer.

I can't say I read all of it, but I read a fair bit, and tbh I still think TCW was the best at filling in the gaps of his fall from grace.

Darth Thor
*Currently being slated for a February 2020 release date...

Urrggh Annoying. Because Disney plus isnt available here until end of March, so will have to avoid spoilers for a month or two.

Galan007
Damn.

You might want to just avoid this thread all together around then, tbh.

Darth Thor
Yeah ill defo stay absent.

I'm okay to wait for Mandalorian. Although my friend is saying hes giving me a USB of whatever episodes are out when he comes down this weekend (didn't ask him to).

But I'm not risking spoilers for final season of Clone Wars. I'm sure even thread titles will give shit away.

Galan007
It's not official, but a recent leak has this slated for release on February 17th.

juggernaut74
Is this show going to release all at once or weekly?

Galan007
I hope they do a bulk release(like they did when S06 dropped on Netflix), but I won't be surprised if it's a single episode weekly release, like The Mandalorian.

juggernaut74
I hope they do a bulk release(like they did when S06 dropped on Netflix), but I won't be surprised if it's a single episode weekly release, like The Mandalorian. Ironically the sole reason I got Netflix was just so I could watch season 6. Though I'm hearing Disney+ is loosing a lot of subscribers now that the Mandalorian is over so I'm assuming Clone Wars is going to come out weekly.

Darth Thor
^ It wont replace the Mandalorian subscribers thought (or anything close). Star Wars animation has simply never been that big.

Zenwolf
Wait...so Mandalorian was only 1 Season?

Galan007
New Trailer:

ZLW2jkd6E7g

http://i.imgur.com/EGdMvc7h.jpg

carthage
What a lost opportunity to explore the lesser used jedi like Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin. Its like Lucas and them forgot they existed

Eli Vanto
FUUUUUUCK that looks good!

Can't wait! droolio

Zenwolf
Looks alright.

Sheev
My body is ready. big grin

DeadpoolXXX
looks goodthumb up

surprised maul is back to a double saber. figured he'd still be using the dark saber/

Darth Thor
Yeah Ahsoka better not win that fight...

Also yeah, that seems like his Phantom Menace lightsaber.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
What a lost opportunity to explore the lesser used jedi like Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin. Its like Lucas and them forgot they existed

No Vos, no Plo Koon. I mean give us at least 1 non main character Jedi in some proper action.

Galan007
^ I mean, these 12 episodes are going to focus exclusively on The Siege of Mandalore, so any Jedi who aren't essential to that plot really shouldn't be used, imo. /shrug

That said, I still want this to be the final scene of the series:

https://i.imgur.com/GwFQK1g.gif

*fade to black*

carthage
Im just saying in general TCW has been 98% Anakin, Kenobi, i,e associated characters. Its boring af especially considering how many other Jedi could've even had a few duels or moments to shine.

Its not like TCW made Anakin super interesting as the tragic hero Lucas intended him to be. So a few moments where the council couldve had some minuscule character building wouldnt hurt.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>