Superman Vs Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Current Superman. Battle in space.

AbelAnderson
Tyrant decisively.

tkitna
Tyrant

Inedian
Tyant

krisblaze
Tyrant

carver9
What speed fts does Tyrant have. People like Superman, Quicksilver, Gladiator, Speed Demon and Hyperion should be able to beat him in an attosecond. It's all about the speed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by carver9
What speed fts does Tyrant have. People like Superman, Quicksilver, Gladiator, Speed Demon and Hyperion should be able to beat him in an attosecond. It's all about the speed. Would you bet your welfare that you can provide attosecond feats for anybody there, besides Superman?

RealityWarper
Tyrant with no effort.

carver9
@Phil...

I almost make 6 figures a yr. Its impossible for me to bet any kind of welfare check on anything. Wish I did get welfare. Free is always good.

smile

MrMind

I almost make 6 figures a yr.

smile

https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-pdb/38069/ecef1f28-cf28-4c9a-b339-42c7c1fbe7aa/orig

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-pdb/38069/ecef1f28-cf28-4c9a-b339-42c7c1fbe7aa/orig

Lol... what's funny? Is that too low?

riv6672

carver9
Hey, I can problem downplay a lot of people intellect on this site and some of them, I know for a FACT make more than I do (trying to get where they are at). At the end of the day, I am still broke and dont have much to show for it because i dont know how to balance my mullah. It wasn't a bragging statement, I was just saying I cant get food stamps.

zopzop
Meh, Carver >>>>>>>> many of the posters here.

As to the thread, unless it's some super amped version of Superman, Tyrant eats him.

MrMind
Hey, I can problem downplay a lot of people intellect on this site

bro English isn't even my first language and I can see where your "problem" at.

riv6672
bro English isn't even my first language and I can see where your "problem" at.
LOL!!! BURN! eek!

cdtm
What speed fts does Tyrant have. People like Superman, Quicksilver, Gladiator, Speed Demon and Hyperion should be able to beat him in an attosecond. It's all about the speed.

I was going to vote for Tyrant, but you make a compelling argument.

Mindset

meep-meep

Jelly

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindset
Keep insulting Carver and we're gonna have a problem.
thumb up

One Big Mob
Originally posted by zopzop
Meh, Carver >>>>>>>> many of the posters here.

As to the thread, unless it's some super amped version of Superman, Tyrant eats him. Carver seems like he'd be an ok fella in real life. I know a couple Carvers in real life who you can just tease relentlessly and then laugh even harder at their outbursts. They're fun to have around and ok guys. Certainly not worthy of hating on like the people who do here. People really don't like Carver though.

Everyone could be having a good conversation, and then Carver peeks his eyes around a corner and people lose their minds once they spot his peeping Tom eyes.

riv6672
Yeah, and it happens to him so often, he sometimes goes out of his way to prove them right, like preemptive dickishness.

One Big Mob
It's all Carver knows. When you have to get the neighbors to sign a paper everytime you move you have to learn to roll with the punches and sometimes dish out a few jabs of your own. You don't forge a great carving blade without a little fire and heat, and being registered to a national watchlist.

riv6672
Amen, brother.

carver9
Hhhhmmmm... I really dont do much to anyone on this site tbh. I tend to get called out of my name A LOT but I have as of yet to return the same type of behavior to anyone here. I just dont let KMC get to me like that because outside of this site, I have a LOT of friends that enjoys my time. I've been a manager my entire life (going on 20 yrs now) and there isnt a single thing anyone on this site can show me or say that I haven't seen before. Lol... I have had agents key my car up for writing them up on their performance, something that THEY did and I brushed that crap off (called the police but went on the next day being me). I dont think people intentionally point at me due to their feelings on KMC, I just think there are some natural, terrible, people that live on their ego, individuals here that needs a Carver 9 hug and a pat on the a**.

riv6672

StyleTime
The real question is...what is Wonder Man like in real life?

One Big Mob
Ass isn't censored Carv.

Shit, piss, Quan, pussy, cock, dick, whore, queef, and jizzface are all safe words.

Ass hole without the space. The t-word, f-word, c-word, s-word, b-word, n-word and I think a couple others are no nos. You can circumvent it with special italics and bolds, or just spell it different like fuk or phuk, or fuktwat.

NemeBro
Cock sucker without the space is censored.

carver9
So I can say 'cock' and get away with it?

One Big Mob
Pr might warn you I guess. But Pr hates you and his warnings count as much as his account of history in the face of the British.

I think only one racial slur is censored too, but it's best to avoid them no matter how fun the mexican ones are to say.

As always, I guess it's how you use the words. "Superman has a small cock" is alright, but I think saying that "Hulk would thrust his cock deep up Clarks ass so far he sneezes out cum" might be pushing it... like Hulk's cock. Context, Carver. Carvtext.

zopzop
Originally posted by StyleTime
eek!
Truth be told, I wouldn't want to be within 30ft of him IRL. That boy ain't right.

riv6672
So I can say 'cock' and get away with it?
Been that way for years.

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Ass isn't censored Carv.

Shit, piss, Quan, pussy, cock, dick, whore, queef, and jizzface are all safe words.

Ass hole without the space. The t-word, f-word, c-word, s-word, b-word, n-word and I think a couple others are no nos. You can circumvent it with special italics and bolds, or just spell it different like fuk or phuk, or fuktwat.
I just say what the occasion calls for, and the site can censor what it likes.

Insane Titan
Hhhhmmmm... I really dont do much to anyone on this site tbh. I tend to get called out of my name A LOT but I have as of yet to return the same type of behavior to anyone here. I just dont let KMC get to me like that because outside of this site, I have a LOT of friends that enjoys my time. I've been a manager my entire life (going on 20 yrs now) and there isnt a single thing anyone on this site can show me or say that I haven't seen before. Lol... I have had agents key my car up for writing them up on their performance, something that THEY did and I brushed that crap off (called the police but went on the next day being me). I dont think people intentionally point at me due to their feelings on KMC, I just think there are some natural, terrible, people that live on their ego, individuals here that needs a Carver 9 hug and a pat on the a**. laughing out loud you used to have the names of posters on your IGNORE list below your sig...but nothing ppl say get to you right!

MrMind
Originally posted by Mindset
Keep insulting Carver and we're gonna have a problem.
ok, internet tough guy, pfffftttt

Originally posted by meep-meep
Jelly

you jelly of tom cruise or scientology? interesting....

riv6672

panthergod
Superman tears Tyrant apart.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by panthergod
Superman tears Tyrant apart.

laughing

Nice try thumb up

MrMind
I've been a manager my entire life (going on 20 yrs now) and there isnt a single thing anyone on this site can show me or say that I haven't seen before.

serious question carv, how old are you. I registered this site when I just started high school. You been here since 2004

carver9
serious question carv, how old are you. I registered this site when I just started high school. You been here since 2004

NemeBro
Old ass dude.

carver9
I am getting up there bro.

One Big Mob

Wait a second...

Carver's been 32 for like 4 years.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t596269.html

NemeBro
Wait a second...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t596269.html !

carver9
Lol... will never give out my true age on KMC. If you want to know me, send me a friend request on snapchat. I edited my age in that post because someone said something crazy about that message.

One Big Mob
Carver's aging has severely retarded. No telling when he hits 33. Could be june 8th 2019, could be in ten years, no one knows. I want that fountain of youth stem cell diet he's on though.

carver9
Carver's aging has severely retarded. No telling when he hits 33. Could be june 8th 2019, could be in ten years, no one knows. I want that fountain of youth stem cell diet he's on though.

Lol...well, at least you got my bday right. Did I include that in my post?

Philosophía
Wait a second...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t596269.html I bet you have a .docx with all the information you could gather on carver. *silently cringes at his own post*

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Carver is so fast, he's standing still in time.

He's Benjamin Button with progeria, so it cancels itself out.

One Big Mob
thumb up

It's why Carver doesn't like speedy characters or characters with time manip. It never helped him from getting a good belt beating from his mother.

*5 years ago when Carver was just a middleaged 32*
"Boy I better not be hearing you ripping up my last good piece of tinfoil!"
"Mom the metal doesn't say rip! Ow mom, it doesn't say... OWWWWW... rip!"

burrrrrr
Originally posted by StyleTime

He's shyer than you'd expect but he's beastly a karaoke!

Philosophía
thumb up

It's why Carver doesn't like speedy characters or characters with time manip. It never helped him from getting a good belt beating from his mother.

*5 years ago when Carver was just a middleaged 32*
"Boy I better not be hearing you ripping up my last good piece of tinfoil!"
"Mom the metal doesn't say rip! Ow mom, it doesn't say... OWWWWW... rip!" So if he lies about his age, his name is certainly not Derrick, and he definitely didn't post a pic of himself.

I bet he's cambodgian.

carver9
You want my snapchat?

Philosophía
No.

One Big Mob
laughing out loud

Carv add me on FB

MrMind

you been a manager for 20 yrs but you are only 32, you started workin as a manager when you were 12?

carver9
you been a manager for 20 yrs but you are only 32, you started workin as a manager when you were 12?

Yes!!! Lol... not giving my age to anyone here.

Philosophía
you been a manager for 20 yrs but you are only 32, you started workin as a manager when you were 12? Carver was a prodigy.

He was running KFC at 10.

One Big Mob
you been a manager for 20 yrs but you are only 32, you started workin as a manager when you were 12? He's been 32 for a long time bro. Keep up.
Way before being a manager he used to be Hitler's black hand man.

MrMind
I am humbled

Pillow Biter
Speed will not likely be decisive, regardless of the versions we use.

My understanding is that Tyrant has been, like his master Galactus, at different power levels at different times, depending on circumstances I do not recall. Any elucidation as to why Tyrant has different power levels would be appreciated; or a correction, saying I'm wrong, would also be appreciated.

Any Tyrant portrayal where he is anywhere near Galactus's level of power is going to beat the crap out of almost all Superman portrayals. However, the sunamped Superman at the end of OWAW would probably beat Tyrant. Failing that, Supes is screwed unless Tyrant is severely depowered.

h1a8
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Speed will not likely be decisive, regardless of the versions we use.

My understanding is that Tyrant has been, like his master Galactus, at different power levels at different times, depending on circumstances I do not recall. Any elucidation as to why Tyrant has different power levels would be appreciated; or a correction, saying I'm wrong, would also be appreciated.

Any Tyrant portrayal where he is anywhere near Galactus's level of power is going to beat the crap out of almost all Superman portrayals. However, the sunamped Superman at the end of OWAW would probably beat Tyrant. Failing that, Supes is screwed unless Tyrant is severely depowered.

Remember the diner scene with Flash and Superman?
Remember the time dilation scene with Hal, Deadman, and Clark?

Apply that here.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8

Apply that here.

How fast were they going in the diner scene? Just want to mention that the things around Flash and Superman were still moving. Slowly moving but it was moving.

Pillow Biter

Apply that here.

I believe we can try to rate fights as they tend to go in the comics; or we can try to rate them 'realistically'.

I choose the former, partially out of preference and partially because I don't think comics provide us with anything like the necessary data to do the latter.

And I cannot see any way to rate fights using any kind of arbitrary middle-ground between the two. This middle approach, which many on this board ascribes to, seems to suffer from all the deficiencies of the fully realistic approach and then compounds matters because it's unclear exactly what the rules are that delineate this 'middle' approach.

So in the comics, speed won't likely be decisive. Fully realistically, we have no idea what the real limits are of something like Tyrants theoretically omniversatile power set.

RealityWarper
How fast were they going in the diner scene? Just want to mention that the things around Flash and Superman were still moving. Slowly moving but it was moving.

Waitress >>>> Superman in speed in that scene. XD

h1a8
I believe we can try to rate fights as they tend to go in the comics; or we can try to rate them 'realistically'.

I choose the former, partially out of preference and partially because I don't think comics provide us with anything like the necessary data to do the latter.

And I cannot see any way to rate fights using any kind of arbitrary middle-ground between the two. This middle approach, which many on this board ascribes to, seems to suffer from all the deficiencies of the fully realistic approach and then compounds matters because it's unclear exactly what the rules are that delineate this 'middle' approach.

So in the comics, speed won't likely be decisive. Fully realistically, we have no idea what the real limits are of something like Tyrants theoretically omniversatile power set.

Actually my statement is about what happened in a comic, not what will happen in real life.
If Superman applies that ability (from the diner scene) to his fight with Tyrant
Then Superman can win the fight.
Superman has the ability, all he has to do is decide to do it.

carver9
What ability?

Pillow Biter
Actually my statement is about what happened in a comic, not what will happen in real life.
If Superman applies that ability (from the diner scene) to his fight with Tyrant
Then Superman can win the fight.
Superman has the ability, all he has to do is decide to do it.

I disagree, and believe that your doubling down on this assertion reflects a widespread misunderstanding of comics that is especially prevalent on this board.

Comics are not real the way our world is. They are more like a dream in many ways. Just because Superman has done something in one scene doesn't mean he can or will do it in another. Cause and effect is not the same in comics. You can't extrapolate the same way you do in the real world.

Superman not speed blitzing all the time simply can't be explained by in-comics reasons. It is not as simple as him being stupid or not wanting to. The fact simply is that he rarely does. When rating fights, the best we can do is try to see the patterns in comics--logical or not--and extrapolate from them. Similarly, Surfer or Thor won't/can't use most of their exotic power stunts every time they fight.

The logic of thinking that a hero should be credited with the ability to do anything they been shown to do before doesn't wash if you take it to it's logical end. Why stop at super speed with Superman? What about Surfer transmuting elements or playing with time? Why wouldn't Superman be constantly sun amping? Why wouldn't every villain use fire against MM? Red solar rays against Superman? If we pursue this logic we have two problems. One, we'd end up creating a hierarchy of characters that in no way resembles that in the comics. What then is the point? How does this illuminate and elucidate our understanding of the source material? Two, this approach is seductive in that it appears at first glance to make it easier to rate fights objectively--to really prove who would win and decisively win an argument. However, this is just an illusion. As you take the logic to it's natural end, you will find that the power sets are not typically sufficiently defined to accomplish this, and the even the pieces of evidence where powers are defined to a high degree tend to be inconsistent and contradictory.

So go by the comics. How often is super speed used by Superman to decisively decide a battle, particularly against an opponent he'd otherwise have had a lot of trouble beating? Not often.

RealityWarper
I disagree, and believe that your doubling down on this assertion reflects a widespread misunderstanding of comics that is especially prevalent on this board.

Comics are not real the way our world is. They are more like a dream in many ways. Just because Superman has done something in one scene doesn't mean he can or will do it in another. Cause and effect is not the same in comics. You can't extrapolate the same way you do in the real world.

Superman not speed blitzing all the time simply can't be explained by in-comics reasons. It is not as simple as him being stupid or not wanting to. The fact simply is that he rarely does. When rating fights, the best we can do is try to see the patterns in comics--logical or not--and extrapolate from them. Similarly, Surfer or Thor won't/can't use most of their exotic power stunts every time they fight.

The logic of thinking that a hero should be credited with the ability to do anything they been shown to do before doesn't wash if you take it to it's logical end. Why stop at super speed with Superman? What about Surfer transmuting elements or playing with time? Why wouldn't Superman be constantly sun amping? Why wouldn't every villain use fire against MM? Red solar rays against Superman? If we pursue this logic we have two problems. One, we'd end up creating a hierarchy of characters that in no way resembles that in the comics. What then is the point? How does this illuminate and elucidate our understanding of the source material? Two, this approach is seductive in that it appears at first glance to make it easier to rate fights objectively--to really prove who would win and decisively win an argument. However, this is just an illusion. As you take the logic to it's natural end, you will find that the power sets are not typically sufficiently defined to accomplish this, and the even the pieces of evidence where powers are defined to a high degree tend to be inconsistent and contradictory.

So go by the comics. How often is super speed used by Superman to decisively decide a battle, particularly against an opponent he'd otherwise have had a lot of trouble beating? Not often.

Good shot thumb up

panthergod
Can anyone cite anything Tyrant has done superior to, say... Disciple?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by panthergod
Can anyone cite anything Tyrant has done superior to, say... Disciple?

He trashed Thanos.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by RealityWarper
He trashed Thanos. who had a orb full of energy amping his EP.

panthergod
Originally posted by RealityWarper
laughing

Nice try thumb up

...easily. smokin'

Eon Blue
@Phil...

I almost make 6 figures a yr. Its impossible for me to bet any kind of welfare check on anything. Wish I did get welfare. Free is always good.

smile

You just lost at the internet.

XLR87T3
I legit think that New 52 Superman is stronger than KC Superman, since the latter is only stronger than Post Crisis Superman who needs help moving moons and planets. New 52 Superman can effortlessly lift the earth's weight, so he's already on the same tier as KC, but then New 52 Supes moved Brainiac's mothership which is literally thousands of times the weight of the earth low estimate.

h1a8

Stoic

carver9
Could've sworn me and you just had an argument over Hulk and Superman and you were saying that Superman was too fast for Hulk to hit. Sigh, just sigh.

Stoic
Could've sworn me and you just had an argument over Hulk and Superman and you were saying that Superman was too fast for Hulk to hit. Sigh, just sigh.

Could've swore that Tyrant and the Hulk had totally different abilities. But then again you knew all about that right Carver? If so why bring it up? I believe that I also stated that the Hulk could not fly. Remember that? BFR?

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by Stoic
So you're saying that it was PIS that Gladiator lost to Tyrant, despite Tyrant's cosmic awareness, and other abilities that you may or may not be acknowledging?

Either way, the characters that are able to move super fast are hit all too often to discount for the fact that they do get hit regularly. Perhaps the idea of them being hit is due to the fact that they lack precognitive abilities. or some of the characters that hit them are fast enough or powerful enough to light up the entire area that they are in.

You ever think to consider that perhaps a character capable of putting out enough power to destroy large planets, may be able to make a direct hit without actually being all that close to the speedster in question?

Is it at all possible that you're only looking at one characters abilities while casting a blind eye to the others abilities?

I agree with the main thrust of this argument. I would probably be willing to follow 'board rules' if they were actually coherent. I might then just view it as a kind of artificial sport based loosely on comics. But one cannot actually follow the rules and logic at the same time.

As Stoic implies, what then about all the negative evidence? Why do the few times that Superman has blitzed an opponent successfully outweigh all the times that he hasn't, particularly when the fate of the world or universe has been at stake? If the comics have clearly stated and implied that someone like Surfer can basically anything, then why do we only credit him with specific powers if he has at some point shown them? Ten scans saying he can do just about anything don't matter--all that matters is that in say 1962 he was once shown to use TP or something?

Also, the idea that just because we get rid of silly concepts like PIS means that we cannot argue our point is wrongheaded. We may not be able to prove our points as decisively as one can in the hard sciences, but we can still argue a point based on the patterns seen in the comics. They are not random. Just like we can argue about what constitutes a 'civilization' in history, or why the Roman Empire fell, or what constitutes an immoral or moral act, without being able to prove it mathematically.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
So you're saying that it was PIS that Gladiator lost to Tyrant, despite Tyrant's cosmic awareness, and other abilities that you may or may not be acknowledging?

Either way, the characters that are able to move super fast are hit all too often to discount for the fact that they do get hit regularly. Perhaps the idea of them being hit is due to the fact that they lack precognitive abilities. or some of the characters that hit them are fast enough or powerful enough to light up the entire area that they are in.

You ever think to consider that perhaps a character capable of putting out enough power to destroy large planets, may be able to make a direct hit without actually being all that close to the speedster in question?

Is it at all possible that you're only looking at one characters abilities while casting a blind eye to the others abilities?

Let's see. Gladiator gets distracted by Tyrant from HV being overpowered and was hit when he wasn't fully recovered. Then got BRB hit into him for another distraction. I don't see PIS there. Basically Gladiator tried to use HV against Tyrant instead of h2h.

But the forum rules are clear
1. Fight to the best of ability
2. Although flash doesn't will clock everyone in the first millisecond in a comic, he will here in a forum.

h1a8
I agree with the main thrust of this argument. I would probably be willing to follow 'board rules' if they were actually coherent. I might then just view it as a kind of artificial sport based loosely on comics. But one cannot actually follow the rules and logic at the same time.

As Stoic implies, what then about all the negative evidence? Why do the few times that Superman has blitzed an opponent successfully outweigh all the times that he hasn't, particularly when the fate of the world or universe has been at stake? If the comics have clearly stated and implied that someone like Surfer can basically anything, then why do we only credit him with specific powers if he has at some point shown them? Ten scans saying he can do just about anything don't matter--all that matters is that in say 1962 he was once shown to use TP or something?

Also, the idea that just because we get rid of silly concepts like PIS means that we cannot argue our point is wrongheaded. We may not be able to prove our points as decisively as one can in the hard sciences, but we can still argue a point based on the patterns seen in the comics. They are not random. Just like we can argue about what constitutes a 'civilization' in history, or why the Roman Empire fell, or what constitutes an immoral or moral act, without being able to prove it mathematically.

1. Writer's write characters without specific abilities at times to fit the plot. Superman or WW or Spider-Man getting tagged by something moving slower than a bullet simply means that the characters didn't have the reflex speed to avoid getting hit in that particular scene. Otherwise they would have. Every enemy can't be fast. Therefore it is normal to ignore the fact that a character has superspeedin some scenes in order to have adversity. Superman and Flash could literally beat any non fast enemy by doing the Metro Man. That would lead to boring comics.

2. Characters fight to the best of their ability. What does that mean to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.