Superman (OWAW) Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Battle on the moon.

Pillow Biter
If this is 'Probe Buster' Superman, he wins decisively, without speed being a major factor.

If this is 'Sundipped' Superman, he destroys Thanos with ease, again without speed being a major factor.

RealityWarper
Thanos in all cases. He will KO Superman quickly.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
If this is 'Probe Buster' Superman, he wins decisively, without speed being a major factor.

If this is 'Sundipped' Superman, he destroys Thanos with ease, again without speed being a major factor. you act like the probes probes are something special. Thanos would tear through the probes like the fodder they was.

Pillow Biter
I'm happy to relitigate OWAW for funzies if you'd like, but let's all remember one thing to keep matters in perspective: whatever power level we credit OWAW Superman with, it doesn't necessarily bear any relation to Superman's average today or at any other time.

OWAW was a special arc at a time where the Superman writers and editors were more unanimously and consistently onboard with the idea that Superman had almost Hulk-like dynamic power and hidden reserves than at any other time. They made these mechanisms explicit, and methodically powered Superman up over the course of the arc, culminating in 'Probe Busting' Superman who is on par, if not superior, to Doomsday. Superman never again, in this arc, matches the power he showed when busting Probes, not even when fighting Darkseid later on in the arc.

AbelAnderson
Thanos wins.

Insane Titan

Pillow Biter
I am using neither low showings for Thanos or for Probes. I do believe that Thanos would beat one or two or maybe even three. I don't think he could shred them the way Superman and Doomsday did, and I believe that this Superman, and Doomsday, would be favored over Thanos--and today's Superman as well.

Insane Titan
I am using neither low showings for Thanos or for Probes. I do believe that Thanos would beat one or two or maybe even three. I don't think he could shred them the way Superman and Doomsday did, and I believe that this Superman, and Doomsday, would be favored over Thanos--and today's Superman as well. Thanos physically dominated a full Pheonix powered Thane , the same Thane that had the power to over turn mistress Deaths curse on Thanos. Death herself was scared of that Thane.

Pillow Biter
Maybe to put this in perspective, let's use classic Hercules (Marvel) as a measure. How many Hercules clones at a time do you think a typical Thanos could beat at a time?

Insane Titan
Maybe to put this in perspective, let's use classic Hercules (Marvel) as a measure. How many Hercules clones at a time do you think a typical Thanos could beat at a time? easily into double figures using his physical strength and EP. You seem to forget Superman and DD were side by side going through probes for a period of time.

abhilegend
Superman wins. Easily.

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by Insane Titan
easily into double figures using his physical strength and EP. You seem to forget Superman and DD were side by side going through probes for a period of time.

Cool. I was trying to see whether our disagreement was primarily about how weak Probes were (and thus how powerful Superman/Doomsday were); or how powerful Thanos is.

It's probably a bit of both, but it seems to mostly be on the Thanos side. If I assumed a Thanos that could ***** slap say 15 Hercules clones coming at him at the same time, then I might agree with you about how he'd do against Probes.

But I don't think I believe Thanos is typically that powerful. I'd like to hear if others feel Thanos could beat say 15 Hercules clones. Maybe I'll make a thread.

Insane Titan

h1a8

abhilegend
Just one probe hospitalized J'onn, Kyle and Diana, another defeated Zod, Bizarro and Ignition, another defeated 100,000 daxamites, another stalemated Mordru and LOSH, another destroyed destroyed Kalanor (Despero homeworld), another destroyed Warworld in seconds when entire Earth heroes couldn't even scratch it, another stalemated three Earth angels at the same time etc.

Even Thanos does not have those kind of feats on his resume.

xJLxKing
Probably Superman

Sundip superman would win for sure

Insane Titan

carver9
Thanos wins.

Galan007
Superman stomps.

panthergod
Superman stomps. He was absolutely Skyfather class in raw power in order to stomp Probes.

Stoic
I'd like to put something into perspective. Galactus had or still has Punisher units that gave the Marvel heroes hell during the first Secret Wars. Thanos destroyed an entire platoon of them in one assault. If the Probes are more powerful than these Punisher units, would anyone be able to tell?

I'm also not entirely sure why Thanos is suddenly being regarded as weak? Whatever though.

carver9
Yep, the Punisher Robots were a beast...

vs Fantastic Four

https://m.imgur.com/a/lmvih

vs the Fantastic 4 again and this was when they were a beast of a team..

https://m.imgur.com/a/mUFx2

vs Jack of Hearts and Ironman. Jack hit this thing with everything he had and it did nothing and this is the same Jack that gave Tyrant pause...

https://m.imgur.com/a/enrqL

vs Inbetweener...

http://i.imgur.com/BSCtktX.jpg

vs Surfer

http://i.imgur.com/gcm5vEa.jpg

vs Thanos

https://m.imgur.com/a/2LeqM

They are VERY powerful but I wouldnt put them on the Probes level. They are far faster than the Probes though.

Adam Grimes
Superman stomps.

Pillow Biter
I think the Probes once were shown to actually be capable of pretty high speeds. I forget the exact details, though. Regardless, as with almost all speedy guys, it's not as if they will use that speed in combat with any reliability.

riv6672
Regardless, as with almost all speedy guys, it's not as if they will use that speed in combat with any reliability.
In a forum fight, its pretty much guaranteed to happen, actually.

Pillow Biter
I've spelled out why I think that logic is wrong, being both internally incoherent and likely to produce results that in no way resemble actual comic hierarchies.

But I get that people don't care and want to keep doing it their way, so I won't repeat myself as nauseum. But I'll keep doing it my way until I get banned.

Adam Grimes
Ok

quanchi112

RealityWarper
Thanos indeed and easily

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
Just one probe hospitalized J'onn, Kyle and Diana, another defeated Zod, Bizarro and Ignition, another defeated 100,000 daxamites, another stalemated Mordru and LOSH, another destroyed destroyed Kalanor (Despero homeworld), another destroyed Warworld in seconds when entire Earth heroes couldn't even scratch it, another stalemated three Earth angels at the same time etc.

Even Thanos does not have those kind of feats on his resume.

Thanos matches his future self, who defeats all the comics as well as the entire MU.

Thanos stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Thanos matches his future self, who defeats all the comics as well as the entire MU.

Thanos stomps. thumb up

Zack M
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman stomps.

This.

carver9
Thanos wins.

Glorificus
Thanos.

riv6672

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Punisher units that gave the Marvel heroes hell during the first Secret Wars.

Don't recall G using Punishers in the original Secret Wars.

You're not thinking of some other book?

Pillow Biter

h1a8
Superman (when operating at his best) does use speed and have fast perceptions. It's one of his MAIN powers. To have Superman in a forum with no superspeed or quick perceptions is
1. Having Superman not fighting at his best ability
2. Superman being gimped (viable powers and ability taken away)

And to pillowbiter:
Speed in comics works effectively like it should realistically. The logic is the same. You are confusing the logic of superspeed in a comic with instances a character is written without superspeed.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman (when operating at his best) does use speed and have fast perceptions. It's one of his MAIN powers. To have Superman in a forum with no superspeed or quick perceptions is
1. Having Superman not fighting at his best ability
2. Superman being gimped (viable powers and ability taken away)

And to pillowbiter:
Speed in comics works effectively like it should realistically. The logic is the same. You are confusing the logic of superspeed in a comic with instances a character is written without superspeed. crylaugh

h1a8
crylaugh
What's funny?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
What's funny? every post you make

h1a8
So basically my post wasn't funny and you just trolling?

tkitna
Thanos stomps

RealityWarper
every post you make

thumb up

-K-M-
every post you make

Every move you make. I'll be watching you

https://media0.giphy.com/media/VnotNtf05tubS/giphy.gif

Insane Titan

Insane Titan
Originally posted by -K-M-
Every move you make. I'll be watching you

https://media0.giphy.com/media/VnotNtf05tubS/giphy.gif laughing out loud

h1a8

Insane Titan

Eon Blue
^
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.