The Christopher Reeve Superman Universe Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

James T. Kirk
This is the 80th anniversary year of the character Superman and the 40th anniversary year of the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie. This thread is for discussing all the movies set in that universe, Superman the Theatrical Cut, Superman the Expanded Cut, Superman the Extended Cut, Superman II the Theatrical Cut, Superman II the International Cut, Superman II the Richard Donner Cut, Superman III, Supergirl the Theatrical Cut, Supergirl the International Cut, Supergirl the Director's Cut, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and Superman Returns.

https://i.imgur.com/2svBfK8.jpg
pUwxH4SM9Rg
Lois kicking the mugger in the face
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5f/0a/f3/5f0af38ddd5226fee5a8a06f4d8d6533--internet-los-simpson.jpg
Clark changing to Superman for the first time and rescuing Lois

Surtur
Why is there a picture of Homer Simpson?

Anyways, if I'm being honest the only Reeves film I enjoyed was Superman 2.

Nemesis X

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by Surtur
Why is there a picture of Homer Simpson?

Anyways, if I'm being honest the only Reeves film I enjoyed was Superman 2. How can you call yourself a Superman fan and not know his name wasn't Reeves? It was Reeve.

Impediment
The first Superman film could have been THE greatest comic book film of all time if it weren't for that stupid f*cking "turn back time by reversing Earth's rotation" scene.

Robtard

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
The first Superman film could have been THE greatest comic book film of all time if it weren't for that stupid f*cking "turn back time by reversing Earth's rotation" scene.

That scene was to illustrate that he traveled back in time by traveling faster than the speed of light. Not that he actually reversed the Earth's rotation, ass.

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by Robtard
That scene was to illustrate that he traveled back in time by traveling faster than the speed of light. Not that he actually reversed the Earth's rotation, ass. Then why did he fly around and around the planet in the opposite direction to its natural rotation?

Robtard
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
Then why did he fly around and around the planet in the opposite direction to its natural rotation?

Why does that matter with what I said.

Seems like Robtard is the only Reeve's Superman scholar on KMC.

James T. Kirk
Why does that matter with what I said.

Seems like Robtard is the only Reeve's Superman scholar on KMC. His flying around and around the planet in its opposite direction caused it to rotate in its opposite direction.

Robtard
That's what a Reeve's Superman layman like yourself sees when looking at the scene with his Reeve's Superman layman eyes.

A true Reeve's Superman scholar like myself sees through the cheesy 1978 SFX and sees the scene as to how it was really meant to be portrayed. YW; n-e-Thing else you need xplain'd?

James T. Kirk
That's what a Reeve's Superman layman like yourself sees when looking at the scene with his Reeve's Superman layman eyes.

A true Reeve's Superman scholar like myself sees through the cheesy 1978 SFX and sees the scene as to how it was really meant to be portrayed. YW; n-e-Thing else you need xplain'd? Nah, I'm good.

Impediment
Otisburg.

Surtur
Originally posted by James T. Kirk
How can you call yourself a Superman fan and not know his name wasn't Reeves? It was Reeve.

I know I just forgot the apostrophe.

Surtur
Originally posted by Impediment

It's legit. Superman does wacky shit in the comics all the time lol. One time he busted out "soul vision" cuz reasons. But that was more recent, but even back in the day Superman did wacky time travel stuff. One time he just shoved a plane so hard it time traveled lol. The was pre crisis Superman though. He'd bust out other random powers too, like sending telepathic waves to the daily planet, cuz reasons.

So him busting out "Repair the great wall of china" vision is also in character , lol. As is his apparent ability to summon saran wrap.

XiN0Lwvi7CA

Surtur
Some sad news that I guess could relate to Reeve. Margot Kidder's death was ruled a suicide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.