A Clockwork Orange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Who has seen this? It is DISTURBING!

Magee
lol it makes no sense :P

Kes
What's about?

Fire
Kes you never saw clockwork orange? it is only one of the best movies ever
completely ****ed up but a very good movie
very old but very good

it is about a gangleader who ends up in an institute after committing some horrible crimes, and there they train him to hate violence, some sort of brainwashing, but something goes wrong and now he still goes nuts whenever he hears a symphony from Beethoven I think it's the 5th

Kes
well its old that explains it. if its not very talkes about its hard to know it exits. and dont really go for old movies. to many disapointments (sp)!sad

squarn
watch it any way

Phoenix
It's freaky! Kinda hard to understand, but it's still a good film... v. violent and disturbing

Ushgarak
Ah, Malcolm MacDowel films... lvoely. Not his weirdest though.

Phoenix
Whats he done thats weirder? It'd have to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely weird to top this!!

Phoenix
Why's it called clock work orange?

Omegaman
You want to see disturbed , go wathc Caligulia with McDowell in it!! ONe of the most disturbing movies I ever saw! Lots of nudity in it also.

Ushgarak
O Lucky Man! is weirder. But to understand that you have to see Malcolm's debut film, 'If...' which you may note is in my profile as one of my favourite films.

The film is called Clockwork Orange as that is the children's toy the government effectively turns Malcolm into in the films.

Caligula is nutso, and rather disturbing...

Kes
I'll try!Probably will have to go to another city to find it and make myself a member of that video club then rent it ... and if I dont like it, charge you guys for gasoline,movie rent and the fee to become a member. lol stick out tongue

Phoenix
Still confused...

Phoenix
Malcolms a Clockwork Orange?

Omegaman
The name of the movie, actually comes from a old cockney saying.."as queer as a clockwork orange" meaning "very strange indeed!"

Phoenix
What do you think is the weirdest moment? I think he's when he's singing 'I'm singing in the rain' and... well... if you've seen the film, you know what he's doing!

I can never enjoy that song anymore...

*sniffle*

Ushgarak
I think killing a woman with a big... umm... THING ranks as quite bizarre.

Augeybana
Yeah I remembered this movie pretty freaky and yet pretty good.

Omegaman
According to movie lore, McDowell picked that song, because it was one of the songs he knew all the words too!

I liked all the "funny" words they used and they way they talked! They spoke a mixed language which included some Russian!

happy kine
i liked the cinematography. it used really creepy shadows and camera angles.... but maybe thats because i watched it on acid...

Phoenix
Language was v. weird 'yes, brother, sir' and all that...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.