Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
From Software's upcoming Ninja game

VczqgqwVssI

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2018/08/21/hidetaka-miyazaki-on-sekiro-shadows-die-twice

the Tenchu games was an inspiration for this game, I'm in.

BruceSkywalker
game looks good.. I watched some gameplay already, but will look for more gameplay... I will buy the game but prolly not when it comes out

cdtm
Like we're talking the word of a Jew. stick out tongue

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
From Software's upcoming Ninja game

VczqgqwVssI

https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2018/08/21/hidetaka-miyazaki-on-sekiro-shadows-die-twice

the Tenchu games was an inspiration for this game, I'm in. Already a thread made for it. :/

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Already a thread made for it. :/

And?

not like there's any mod in this section to merge it.

Adam Grimes
I am the authority here.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I am the authority here.

NO..I am lol

Kazenji
So who's checking this game out this week?

NemeBro
I'm checking your mom out this week.

Kazenji
And i'm checking your sister out this week.

Arachnid1
I'll be there launch day

I can't fkn wait. I've avoided every trailer since the reveal.

Arachnid1
https://opencritic.com/game/6630/sekiro-shadows-die-twice
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/sekiro-shadows-die-twice/critic-reviews
https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/sekiro-shadows-die-twice
https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sekiro-shadows-die-twice

Another FROM game gets a low 90s average. In other news, water is wet.

Anyway, I'm stupid hyped and my preload for tonight is ready

Kazenji
The HD size needed is low when installing from a Disc. Only 12.5GB i was expecting it to be bigger.

Kazenji
After playing it for a while, I want From Software to make a new Tenchu game.

Eon Blue

Arachnid1
Got to my first boss. Fuked.

Lady butterfly is pushing my shit in. I can get past phase one no problem now by deflecting the holy shit out of her byt phase two with the stupid butterflies and specters she spawns is fkn retarded. The butterflies especially are just free unblockable damage for her.

Wtf man, I've been managing the dragonrot well before her. Now I've died more times than the entire game leading up to this. Considering just leaving and coming back for her.

Kazenji
Also what do you do with the money that you collect in the game or is that stuff similar to collecting Souls in a Dark Souls game?

Arachnid1
I FUKING DID IT! Holy SHIT what a crackhead of a boss battle. Definitely the hardest first boss in a Soulsborne game. 6 minutes straight of insanely fast paced deflecting and getting deflected and perfect timing on everything. Punished the hell out of any misstep. Legit barely had time to heal once the entire battle.

Also what do you do with the money that you collect in the game or is that stuff similar to collecting Souls in a Dark Souls game? You can buy useful items from vendors

EDIT: I think that first boss was made to be a deflect skill check. After her, I'm legit murdering every enemy and miniboss I come across and barely need stealth. She was really good practice for getting this system down. Things are finally clicking.

NemeBro
shut up

Arachnid1
I'll fkn come to your house and brutalize ur @ss

Kazenji
When do you start using skill points?....currently have 3 of them.

Arachnid1
It'll open up pretty early on, keep going

NewGuy01
I played for a couple hours yesterday. Got slapped by that red eyed ogre a couple times and called it a day.

Kazenji
Found where the Mist Raven Prosthetic tool is, Just gotta beat that damn blue ninja.

Arachnid1
Love that thing. Best prosthetic so far IMO

Just got to that dick from the tutorial and he's wrecking me. I think I've had a good 20 tries against him.

Kazenji
Had a few attempts at fighting Lady butterfly, Might came back to her on.

NewGuy01
Found where the Mist Raven Prosthetic tool is, Just gotta beat that damn blue ninja.
I just swiped it and bounced.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Love that thing. Best prosthetic so far IMO

Just got to that dick from the tutorial and he's wrecking me. I think I've had a good 20 tries against him.

I'm guessing you've already run into the Kitebombing WOOOOO guy then? laughing

Also, which part is messing you up?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm guessing you've already run into the Kitebombing WOOOOO guy then? laughing

Also, which part is messing you up? Yeah I ran into that guy. Legit loled after a slight period of raging at the cheapness

It was Genichiro Ashina but I beat him a little after posting that. Now I'm in the last area of the game fighting True Corrupted Monk and getting wrecked, but doing better ever time

Kazenji
Found my first memorial mob and i was already up to Gyoubu Masataka. Had to go back to the one before Outskirts Wall Stairway to get that firecracker prosthetic

also i accidentally used up a a Dragon blood droplet, Thought you had to go to the person that's affected with the Dragon rot and use it near them. Only finding out after the menu at those sculptor's idol had the option to that.

Arachnid1
Don't worry about it, you'll find plenty more throughout the game. They're really only useful for the optional side quests (if the NPC is sick with dragonrot, they cant continue their narrative).

Kazenji
Up to the Flaming bull now....ugh.

NewGuy01
Those flying shirken guys are a menace to society.

Kazenji
7-_ll1wdf1E

Fair enough there's some games out there that i don't like too, But i wouldn't say they're a bad game.

Arachnid1
He did say it was a great game all around. It's just not for him (he was fairer to the game than Slant Mag who gave it a 40/100). He'd still recommend it. He said the same about Mass Effect, RTSs, and fighting games. I agree with most of those points too.

The game does force you to play a very specific way. It's a dex build hacknslash based around parrying from start to finish, but that's because it's more of an action game than an RPG this time around. He's also right about the stealth being kind of finicky (he was kinder to this aspect than I would be; the stealth is flat out bad IMO).

His complaints were:

-Sometimes the game feels difficult to the point of being cheap (more artificial than Souls). This is the only point he made that I disagree with. Once you get the mechanics down (he did say he still sucked at the game), the game is by far easier than other Soulsborne games. The boss that gave me the most trouble was Genichiro Ashina (the mid game boss) but even he went down quicker than bosses like Ludwig, Fume Knight, or Pontiff (he took around 22 tries as a guess). Otherwise, four bosses went down first try, 5 went down 2-4 tries, one boss took 10 tries, and I still have some left. A few of the minibosses gave me trouble (the two hardest spear guys took probably close to 10 tries, first ogre and the fat drunken swordsman took around 5, a late game miniboss named O'Rin of the water was absolutely brutal and took around 15 tries as a guess), but most went down first or second try.

-His other complaint was the camera. This got me killed a good few times. Sometimes it just completely unlocks against some of the more mobile enemies. With some enemies it's just more of a hinderance. Still, it's manageable.

I only have a few complaints but overall I'm still enjoying it.

Kazenji
He did say it was a great game all around. It's just not for him

There's a few other games like that out there which i'm a bit like that too myself

as for this game don't go in expecting to play it like a Dark Souls game for new people that are gonna pick it up...Also I've had that trouble with the camera too, When i was fighting Gyoubu Masataka i was locked onto him and doing good and then all of a sudden the camera decides to lose sight of him.

NewGuy01
Ran into Genichiro again the other day. I was sort of just exploring and hopped into the boss arena by accident, was not looking for that fight. I only attempted it once, and didn't feel like I was having too hard of a time dealing with his attacks, but goddamn. How the hell are you expected to get his health down? We were at it for like 5 minutes, and I barely dented his first health bar.

Kazenji
Been reading that they want to add a easy mode to this game for players new to a Fromsoftware game.

NemeBro
Found where the Mist Raven Prosthetic tool is, Just gotta beat that damn blue ninja. I phucked him up like the pussy boy he is. thumb up

Not too far yet, beat the first boss and am clearing the Mirata Estate now.

Kazenji
I didn't even fight him, Just did what NewGuy01 said....I grabbed the item and then the run **** outta there.

NemeBro
He's pretty wild before you upgrade your stats at all. Throwing an oil pot on him and using the flame vent made him a lot more manageable. thumb up

Eon Blue
I didn't even fight him, Just did what NewGuy01 said....I grabbed the item and then the run **** outta there.

Stop projecting your real self into video games.

This game looks fairly interesting and I may pick it up after I fully dissect every part of DMC5.

Kazenji
So you're suggesting that i'm a ninja in real life?....sounds good to me, Quan.

NewGuy01
Gave it another go today, and beat Genichiro. He actually wasn't so bad after the first couple tries; putting aside his extra phase, he was way easier to manage than some of the minibosses I've come across.

Kazenji
Details on the new update

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/22/18510826/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-patch-1-03-spirit-emblems

made the Blazing bull slightly easier.

NemeBro
Started playing this again a few days ago, at first I honestly wasn't really feeling the game but **** that this game is fantastic. thumb up

Anyone else beat Owl in the Hirata Estate? Easily the hardest boss so far.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Started playing this again a few days ago, at first I honestly wasn't really feeling the game but **** that this game is fantastic. thumb up

Anyone else beat Owl in the Hirata Estate? Easily the hardest boss so far. I got him second try. He was a punk @ss b*tch compared to Genichiro Ashina.

flex

Right now I'm on the final boss, but I'm not going after him him until I beat Demon of Hatred. That thing is by far the hardest boss in the game. Absolutely railing me. Unfortunately I just started school and had to leave my console behind so I wont get back to Sekiro until August. You'll probably have finished by then

Kazenji
I still haven't finished the game got side tracked by other things, But i'm up to fighting that bull.

NemeBro
I got him second try. He was a punk @ss b*tch compared to Genichiro Ashina.

flex

Right now I'm on the final boss, but I'm not going after him him until I beat Demon of Hatred. That thing is by far the hardest boss in the game. Absolutely railing me. Unfortunately I just started school and had to leave my console behind so I wont get back to Sekiro until August. You'll probably have finished by then Geni is a punk ass loser with micropenis tbh. Canonically a loser and is a sissy boy named shitface who likes dog dick.

wakkawakkawakka
I've been playing this for a while and I have to admit that it did take some getting used too as I was playing the game expecting Dark Souls combat. However once I got used to it the game is fun.

Currently fighting Demon of Hatred right now and its possibly the toughest boss I've come across aside from O'rin of the Water and the "git gud" mini boss Ashina Elite

NemeBro
I've beaten the game.

Sword Saint Isshin is probably both the best and overall toughest boss in the game. In terms of the latter the Demon of Hatred might edge him out but once you figure out that, despite the rest of the game telling you this isn't Dark Souls, he's basically a Dark Souls boss he wasn't too bad. Owl in both the present and past might rival him for most fun boss, both mechanically and narratively.

Now on to the Shura path, so I can murder waifu Emma.

NewGuy01
Honestly, I don't get why people seem to have such a hard time with Isshin. Granted, the second phase probably has the trickiest moveset in the game, but it's over quickly because of how fast Isshin's posture builds, and the first and third phases are pretty easy.

Demon of Hatred is far and away the hardest boss in the game, until you realize that every single one of his attacks can be evaded by strafing right. Even then, it's still probably the hardest, just owing to how long you have to go without ****ing up.

Owl (Father) would have been my favorite boss in the game if his second phase had an ability similar mist raven rather than that annoying disappearing act. As it stands, I think my favorite was the Guardian Ape.

wakkawakkawakka
I finally finished the game. Isshin is so cool...I didn't even mind getting beat up the first few times I reached his 3rd phase. The spectacle and the opportunity to use everything I learned about the game's mechanics was neat.

Still think I spent more time fighting Demon of Hatred and its suprise fireballs Guess its tine for multiple endings.

NemeBro
Got the Shura ending in my New Game Plus, Jesus Christ I feel like a piece of shit.

Does anyone else feel like some of the active skills are too situational or high-risk to be useful? I got One Mind but I can not imagine why I would use it over the more reliable Shadowrush, or even the Ichimonji Double.

Nemesis X
Shut up nerd.

Adam Grimes
Shut up weeb

wakkawakkawakka
So even though the Homecoming ending is probably the "True Ending" of the game...I kind of like the Purification ending more. That one feels more conclusive IMO.

Now off to the Shura ending

NemeBro
I'm going for standard Immortal Severance now. Breezing through the game at breakneck speeds, ez pz.

NemeBro
Decided to go Dragon's Return instead, just beat Demon of Hatred in one go in NG++, I'm basically a god.

wakkawakkawakka
So the Shura ending made me feel like a scumbag. Glad I only have to do it once. Also I was finally able to platinum this game. The grind for the technique trophy was rough.

cdtm
If that makes you feel bad, but you're enough of a completionist to do it anyways, stay away from Undertale. smile

Arachnid1
Game of the year **** YES

Definitely didn't see that one coming man.

Ridley_Prime
At least it wasn't Death Stranding, and Smash Ultimate still won fighter of the year, so I'm good.

Kazenji
Load of crap...

this game is good but not THAT good.

NemeBro
Load of crap...

this game is good but not THAT good. There isn't a single game that was nominated that compared to Sekiro and I can think of not a single game released period this year save maybe Disco Elysium that might have deserved it more.

ares834
It's been a really weak year for games.

Kazenji
There isn't a single game that was nominated that compared to Sekiro and I can think of not a single game released period this year save maybe Disco Elysium that might have deserved it more.

I'm okay with it winning the the Action/Adventure category, But as for Game of year not really.

Originally posted by ares834

I didn't really play alot of new triple A games, Mainly stuck with the retro shooters.

NemeBro
I'm okay with it winning the the Action/Adventure category, But as for Game of year not really. Yet you seem incapable of coming up with a game that deserved it more. Why is that?

Kazenji
Even if i did, I'm sure that you'll mock me being the **** that you are.

NewGuy01
Good news.

NemeBro
Even if i did, I'm sure that you'll mock me being the **** that you are. No, I just want you to actually support your statements. You think Sekiro winning game of the year is a load of crap? Bring up another game(s) that were more deserving that came out this year. Even if you brought up some retro indie shooter I've never heard of at least I could respect your willingness to bring out an alternative take and try to support another game as deserving of the award. It is extremely easy to just tear something down and say it isn't as good as people seem to think it is, but far harder to build a game up and talk about why it is better.

I'd have put Katana Zero over most of the GotY noms as well.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ares834
Eh, there's been worse. 2020 will be bloated with games in comparison from the looks of it.

Arachnid1
Load of crap...

this game is good but not THAT good. thumb down

There isn't a single game that was nominated that compared to Sekiro and I can think of not a single game released period this year save maybe Disco Elysium that might have deserved it more. thumb up

-Pr-
I would have picked RE2, but that's me. Can't begrudge Sekiro; it looks like a very good game even if it isn't my cup of tea.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, RE2 deserved it a lot more.

Arachnid1
I would have picked RE2 too, but disagree it deserved it more. Sekiro did what it set out to do perfectly. This the only nominee alternative to RE2 I'm happy with.

Khazra Reborn

Arachnid1

Khazra Reborn

NemeBro
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, RE2 deserved it a lot more. thumb down

Nemesis X
Would've gone with Smash Bros or RE2 myself but Sekiro being the one to settle the debate I'm ok with.

Stoic
Sekiro is damned difficult. Great game though. I would've called it Sekiro prepare to die... a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.