FLCL Alternative

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
HOLY ****ING SHIT.

HOW, I LOVE THIS SERIES.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/35842/FLCL_Alternative

DarthSkywalker0
I can't stand FLCL Alternative has lost all of the alure of the other series. Was unwatchable.

NewGuy01
I wasn't even into the original.

DarthSkywalker0
I love the original FLCL, but when making Alternative and Progressive, they lost all of the elements which made the original great.

vansonbee
How is it rated as a stand alone from the first movie?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
I can't stand FLCL Alternative has lost all of the alure of the other series. Was unwatchable. Least they aren't butchering the original characters.

The original series was one of the best anime... ever, imo.

DarthSkywalker0
I mean they kinda do. The show was never about Haruko. It was about coming of age and growing up. They made it about the story, not about the characters.

Jmanghan
I mean they kinda do. The show was never about Haruko. It was about coming of age and growing up. They made it about the story, not about the characters. Yeah thats true, but what I meant is, Naota, etc.

Naota was easily my favorite character with Haruko following behind, then Naota's dad.

DarthSkywalker0
Naota is my favorite character in FLCL.

Jmanghan
Naota is my favorite character in FLCL. Thats the only problem I noticed, if they wanted to make a follow-up, give us stuff from the original, the story was never meant to revolve around Haruko, it revolved around Naota, being a kid in a grown-ups world.

I'd imagine he's a man as of the new series but... Idk.

I guess it wouldn't be fitting having him make an appearance, but meh.

DarthSkywalker0
There never should've been a sequel. What are your favorite anime Jman?

Jmanghan
There never should've been a sequel. What are your favorite anime Jman? Berserk, Gurren Lagann, Clannad, Bleach, Samurai Champloo, Ruruoni Kenshin, One Punch Man, and Bleach.

Honorable mentions to Afro Samurai, Naruto, and Dragon Ball Z.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.