Magneto VS Annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672

Bentley
Annihilus should win, but Magneto has the powerset to handle him imo.

Insane Titan
Depends if mags can manipulate the control rod

riv6672

One Big Mob

riv6672
You just answered your own question. thumb up

Parmaniac
It would be the battle of insects biscuits

riv6672

staxamillion
I would like to see more mutants have cosmic adventures.

riv6672
I remember when the new X Men had their first space adventures, and went to the Savage Land...classic stuff.

carver9
Magneto destroys here.

Putinbot1
fuzzy duck

riv6672

One Big Mob
U-n_zk7e0ZU

Arnie Grape and Sam Dawson (I Am Sam) work as well. Carvy Grape and I Am Carv I mean

carver9
This thread is simple. If Magneto can control the metal and the rod that is on Ann body and in his hand, he stomps, if he cant control it, good fight but he will lose. The thing here is, Magneto CAN control his metal, theres no denying this. Want to know why? He can control it because he manipulated the metal of an entire Celestial.

Back on topic...Magneto stomps.

carver9
Originally posted by One Big Mob
U-n_zk7e0ZU

Arnie Grape and Sam Dawson (I Am Sam) work as well. Carvy Grape and I Am Carv

Lol

riv6672
U-n_zk7e0ZU

Arnie Grape and Sam Dawson (I Am Sam) work as well. Carvy Grape and I Am Carv I mean
^^^thats the one!

Simple Carver. I think thats a keeper.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by carver9
This thread is simple. If Magneto can control the metal and the rod that is on Ann body and in his hand, he stomps, if he cant control it, good fight but he will lose. The thing here is, Magneto CAN control his metal, theres no denying this. Want to know why? He can control it because he manipulated the metal of an entire Celestial.

Back on topic...Magneto stomps. What was holding the Celestial together was *apparently* an electromagnetic field before Magneto stepped in. What he did was mimic the basic requirements of the field. Monster feat absolutely, but we already know it was subject to his power. We don't know what the **** the Control Rod is made out of hence why it's not applicable.
It was inert metal that had no energy attracting it to itself. Had Tiamut had its own power holding it together, it's doubtful it would have even been seen as something to be manipulated by Magneto.

Using that logic however, anything subject to an electromagnetic field should be controllable by Magneto. Curious how Hulk's nerves would fare against someone who could hold a Celestial together? Hulk's brainwaves, even down to Hulk's atoms should be subject to an effect, no?

riv6672
^^^Or Thanos. Sentry. Molecule Man. Squirrel Girl.

Bentley
Originally posted by staxamillion
I would like to see more mutants have cosmic adventures.

This is the best slap to the Starjammers and War of Kings I've seen in a while.

riv6672

staxamillion
war of kings was like 10 years ago wasn't it? it was pretty cool. and havok did join the jammers for a stint.

no disrespect but more of that

Bentley
Originally posted by staxamillion
war of kings was like 10 years ago wasn't it? it was pretty cool. and havok did join the jammers for a stint.

no disrespect but more of that

Then I pretty much agree. The closest thing we have to a consistent cosmic X book is always the Exiles?

carver9
What was holding the Celestial together was *apparently* an electromagnetic field before Magneto stepped in. What he did was mimic the basic requirements of the field. Monster feat absolutely, but we already know it was subject to his power. We don't know what the **** the Control Rod is made out of hence why it's not applicable.
It was inert metal that had no energy attracting it to itself. Had Tiamut had its own power holding it together, it's doubtful it would have even been seen as something to be manipulated by Magneto.

Using that logic however, anything subject to an electromagnetic field should be controllable by Magneto. Curious how Hulk's nerves would fare against someone who could hold a Celestial together? Hulk's brainwaves, even down to Hulk's atoms should be subject to an effect, no?

Not the only time Mags control alien metal though. The question shouldnt be if he cant control unearthly metals, the question should be "is there a scene where he has failed to control alien meta"l. He has taken control of Mjlonir, control Shiar metal, etc, etc...

staxamillion
yeah that whole multiverse thing is still going on. ha thanks I only just heard

riv6672
Originally posted by Bentley
Then I pretty much agree. The closest thing we have to a consistent cosmic X book is always the Exiles?
Pretty much, and, i wouldnt even call that cosmic, really.
Cosmic to me is like a space opera.
Exiles are reality hoppers not quite the same, but its definitely the closest.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by carver9
Not the only time Mags control alien metal though. The question shouldnt be if he cant control unearthly metals, the question should be "is there a scene where he has failed to control alien meta"l. He has taken control of Mjlonir, control Shiar metal, etc, etc... It's not a question of it being a foreign fencejumping metal. It's a question of what it's made out of at all.
Iirc it once shattered from being dropped. That's not to say it will always be that fragile, but it brings to a question it being a metal when it shatters on a drop.

Unless you can post a scan that specifically says it's a metal, we don't know what it's made out of. It's a throbbing Cosmic Rod. That's all we know

zopzop

One Big Mob
Yost writing a star spanning story with Magneto would be neat. Judging by all the star shit that happened with the X-Men/Shi'ar, he'd probably have Magneto manipulate a sun to some degree.

riv6672
Originally posted by zopzop
Seriously? That latest team of Starjammers had Polaris and Havok on board. They'd destroy the GotG.
Never heard of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.