DCEU: Cavill out as Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WolvesofBabylon
Do they recast? Or just start over?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/henry-cavill-exits-superman-dc-extended-universe-movies/

playa1258
Leave Superman alone for now. It's obvious many people have not liked this take on the character.

emporerpants
Always thought he looked the part very well, but we never really got to see him be a fully realized Superman. The closest we got were the few glimpses in Justice League. I would have liked to have seen what he could do when given more of a chance to, well, BE Superman. Oh well.

They will probably recast. I don't think they will do a complete reboot. Perhaps a soft one so they can keep the WW movie in continuity.

ares834
No surprise here. Still, it's a shame. I thought he did fine with the role and I enjoyed MoS.

Darth Thor
If Cavill and Affleck are both gone then just reboot! Can carry on the Gadot Wonder Woman films as a separate entity.

playa1258
They need to start over. It's beyond time.

Surtur
It's almost like he just wanted an excuse to leave and the Shazam thing gave him the chance. Cuz I mean, walking over a cameo? Lol.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
It's almost like he just wanted an excuse to leave and the Shazam thing gave him the chance. Cuz I mean, walking over a cameo? Lol.

His contract was up so he was negotiating a new rate going forward with them I guess.

Shame he never got a chance to shine in a well received Superman film.

Impediment
Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat.

Surtur
Originally posted by Darth Thor
His contract was up so he was negotiating a new rate going forward with them I guess.

Shame he never got a chance to shine in a well received Superman film.

Yeah a shame. Still, remember that one time he snapped Zod's neck? LOL!

Khazra Reborn
They should just start over with Shazam

Robtard
Cavill was well cast, too bad the writing/directing didn let him fully flesh out the character. Same with Wonder Woman.

Wonder where this leaves the 2020 Flashpoint based film. Though I guess they could potentially use that film to do a soft reboot due to time travel/alternate realities.

Imo, they should scrap everything planned and do a hard reboot after two-three years.

The Spectre+
what a shame.but why?, just why??, why!!!!!!????? somebody under the heavens tell me why!!!!!!!!!!!!.

BrolyBlack
There really wont be another like cavill, this is a shame.

StiltmanFTW
They don't have the guts to start all over again.

They'll go back to the stand-alone formula. They kinda already have; see the Phoenix Joker film.

Robtard
Rumors already starting that the next Superman could be cast as a *gasp* not White actor. Michael B. Jordan and an Asian man I've not heard of have been thrown around. Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

I think Cavill's counterpart in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Armie Hammer could be a good fit. He has the look, is a decent actor and would only be around 35 in 3 or so years.

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by Impediment
Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat. This.

Dr Will Hatch
LOL, you died. LOL LOL you died.

James T. Kirk
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
LOL, you died. LOL LOL you died. What?

Dr Will Hatch
Never mind. Inside joke that only I would get.

I'm just not that upset by this. It isn't Cavill's fault that the DCEU ended up faring so poorly, but he wasn't very good in the role, and I think letting him go was a wise decision.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

Oh yes, it would laughing out loud

Btw, Idris Elba is being considered for a new Bond, isn't he?

Robtard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Kinda hope it happens just for that reason as long as they cast a talented non-White actor who's able to capture Superman's personality well.

Elba is on the short-list to be the next Bond, he's shown reluctance though.

Estacado
Samuel L Jackson for Superman.

"Kryptonian muddaphucka do you speak it?"

Darth Thor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Hmm wonder which would make people more ape shit.. A Black Bond or a Black Superman...

Robtard
Black Superman for sure.

BackFire
Wonder where this leaves the 2020 Flashpoint based film. Though I guess they could potentially use that film to do a soft reboot due to time travel/alternate realities.

This is my bet on what they're going to do. Flashpoint essentially led to a soft reboot in the comics when it happened, this is probably the best bet as it would allow them to keep the successful aspects going without issue (Wonder Woman, perhaps Aquaman, Flash) and reboot Superman/Batman. Maybe get rid of Cyborg.

Darth Thor
I doubt theyre going to spend 200million on a film just to soft reboot.

Seems to me like their soft reboot is just to carry on without Batman and Superman.

The report even pretty much says they will shift focus from Superman to Supergirl for now, and that they wont be using Superman for the next few years. And Matt Reeves Batman is likely a younger Batman so not one who will be with the Justice League.

BackFire
Well it wouldn't just be a reboot, it could also be a good Flash story, and a very unique crossover type film if done right. The comic series was pretty cool.

wakkawakkawakka
^ So even after this WB is still trying to push a Supergirl movie?

Kind of disappointed that we will never get to see Cavill really take on the role of Superman in a Snyder-less film. He has the makings of a decent one just that the script/directing never really worked out.

Robtard
Supergirl takes place before Kal became Superman, so they could do a solo SG film and then include her in Superman's place for Flashpoint a year later or so.

Not that I like that, but it's an idea if they're not going to do the smart thing and scrap future films and do a hard reboot, recasting everyone and going with a new DC-verse, even if it means losing Galdot as WW.

BackFire
Yeah I thought Cavill was a solid Superman, the problems in the movies he was in were not his fault.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by BackFire
Well it wouldn't just be a reboot, it could also be a good Flash story, and a very unique crossover type film if done right. The comic series was pretty cool.

Yeah but id prefer to just have a couple of solo Flash movies first.

Although id be all for asap it if Flashpoint switches Ezra Flash for a better less goofy Flash.

Robtard
Though I do admit, if they brought in Thomas Wayne for Flashpoint as the alternate reality Batman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is already perfectly cast in that role. Get him on a high calorie, high protein diet hitting the gym with the professional trainers to bulk up muscle and he's set.

Robtard
And for phucks' sake, cast Mark Strong as Lex Luthor. Good actor and the man is absolutely perfect for the role.

I'm still convinced Jessie Eisenbergisraelgoldmenhebrewstein blew several people for that role and he must be an expect at giving head; as there is no way he nailed the role during casting sessions/readings. No way.

steverules_2

Robtard
Affleck has bounced back and forth for awhile now, with his alcohol problems and Cavill out, it's safe to say he's probably out for good too

tkitna
Somebody check on Zack to make sure he's ok.

BackFire
And for phucks' sake, cast Mark Strong as Lex Luthor. Good actor and the man is absolutely perfect for the role.

I'm still convinced Jessie Eisenbergisraelgoldmenhebrewstein blew several people for that role and he must be an expect at giving head; as there is no way he nailed the role during casting sessions/readings. No way.

The perfect Lex Luthor would be Bryan Cranston. He can just be Heisenberg from Breaking Bad, and he already said he'd do the role if it was offered to him. Such a missed opportunity.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
The perfect Lex Luthor would be Bryan Cranston. He can just be Heisenberg from Breaking Bad, and he already said he'd do the role if it was offered to him. Such a missed opportunity.

Acting-wise he'd be great at it as well, but Mark Strong also physically looks the part and is in a better age-range.

But there were so many superior choices to Eisenberg, it's ridiculous. Though in hindsight with the DCCU possible going belly up, maybe it's a good thing a great actor for Lex wasn't cast.

playa1258
I would back Strong for Lex also. Just have EisenLex as his bastard son.

Kazenji
Rumors already starting that the next Superman could be cast as a *gasp* not White actor. Michael B. Jordan and an Asian man I've not heard of have been thrown around. Would be funny as certain people would lose their shit.

Yeah it is funny because they're ignorant people

there is a black superman and a asian one that does exist.

juggernaut74
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/henry-cavill-superman-exit-response/amp/

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Impediment
Just reboot the entire DCEU. DC needs to admit defeat.

Adam Grimes
I would like to see an adaptation of New 52's Earth 2.

Impediment
Cranston would be THE perfect Lex, but he's a little too old, IMO.

NemeBro

I'm still convinced Jessie Eisenbergisraelgoldmenhebrewstein blew several people for that role and he must be an expect at giving head; as there is no way he nailed the role during casting sessions/readings. No way. Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor, but if Shazam is going to be part of the soft reboot he's already playing Dr. Sivana.

BruceSkywalker
DCEU is dead.. keep it buried..

Eon Blue
I swear the role of Superman is like the defense against the dark arts position in Harry Potter: cursed.

Cavill got it easy.

Darkstorm Zero
puL37Rl0UuU

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggernaut74
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/henry-cavill-superman-exit-response/amp/

That's a very cryptic response form him.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I think Cavill's counterpart in The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Armie Hammer could be a good fit. He has the look, is a decent actor and would only be around 35 in 3 or so years.

That would be terrible. Whoever wants that, needs to stop.

NemeBro
Even I honestly would kind of mind a non-white Superman tbh.

Superman's appearance, nearly his entire appearance, is so iconic, at least to me, that I don't want them to change much of anything.

BruceSkywalker
so.. what role(s) is Cavill suited for if he chooses to jump ship to the MCU???

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so.. what role(s) is Cavill suited for if he chooses to jump ship to the MCU???

Captain Britain.

TheVaultDweller
I want Captain Britain purely so we have the possibility of a mad Jamie Braddock, running around in his underwear and warping reality, down the line. big grin

Mindset
Originally posted by NemeBro

Superman's appearance, nearly his entire appearance, is so iconic, at least to me, that I don't want them to change much of anything. It's time DC does something new, their material is too stale.

Tangent Superman would actually be interesting.

Arachnid1
Cavill was well cast, too bad the writing/directing didn let him fully flesh out the character. Same with Wonder Woman.

Imo, they should scrap everything planned and do a hard reboot after two-three years. Personally, I'd rather they just scrap it all.

On one hand, I really liked Cavills casting as Supes. He would have done great with the right script. On the other, they completely botched Flash, and he's my second favorite comic character of all time (right behind Spidey). Flashpoint and Flash need to be done justice, and I honestly don't think the DCEU is capable of delivering.

Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor Yeah I was hoping for him as Lex DCEU or Norman Osborn in the MCU. Eisenberg stands as the worst miscasting I've ever seen, and I'm not sure it can be topped.

Silent Master
This is what happens when you make so many sh!t movies, decent actors will eventually get fed up and leave.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Mindset
It's time DC does something new, their material is too stale.

Tangent Superman would actually be interesting. I can agree that a specific Tangent Superman film could be very cool, but shit like that is just a pipe dream IMHO. A black Superman alone I could see going fine with the normie cinema-goers, but a black Superman who isn't a Kryptonian and instead has psychic powers who is named Harvey Dent is too much for the normies that make superhero movies their big boy bucks.

If we're going the route of alternate universe Supermen, I could see one based on Earth 23's Kalel being a possibility. Tangent is just too weird IMO.

It would be cool though. thumb up

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Mindset
It's time DC does something new, their material is too stale.

Tangent Superman would actually be interesting. Tangent Superman? Lol no. Make it Val-Zod if anything.

Silent Master
Peter Dinklage for Superman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Captain Britain.

I would love that...

Darth Thor

Well Strong is Sivana in Shazam, so that cuts out that possibility.

Rumour has it that Jesse was originally cast as Riddler, and Bryan Cranston as Luthor, but when Cranston wasnt available they just changed Jesse to Luthor, but let him carry on playing him like Riddler.

What a f*** up if true.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Silent Master
Peter Dinklage for Superman.

That would be so ridiculous it would be more entertaining than anything DC has put out.

wakkawakkawakka
Well what if DC just followed the new trend of cashing in on the oversea's market and make a movie about Kenan Kong...played by John Cho

For those that don't know this is what I'm referring to
0mSKX6P9l0Y

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Tangent Superman? Lol no. Make it Val-Zod if anything.

The Tangent Universe was f.ucking cool. I'd watch a movie series about a black villain Superman and female anarchist hero Joker taking place in a dystopian United States thirty years after nuclear warfare.

WolvesofBabylon
Maybe not?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/superman-henry-cavill-responds-quitting-rumors-warner-bros/

-Pr-
Cavill on Instagram trolling people makes me think this isn't quite as done and dusted as it seems.

Far as black superman goes. Sure, just not prime universe Kal-El. There are tons of alternate options.

Darth Thor

HulkIsHulk
Well crap!

RIP DCEU

John Murdoch
Man, it is a shame. I legitimately think Man of Steel is a great film, the second or first best (perhaps behind Richard Donner's Superman: The Movie) Superman movie ever made. It went awry from there, but I loved MoS.

I've said it before, but how Superman keeps getting messed up is disappointing. The massive amounts of lore in the comics from which to draw as well as previous media adaptations that have captured Clark in various entertaining ways (especially the DC Animated Dini/Timm-verse, still IMO perhaps the best shared universe on-screen save maybe the MCU) should make it almost impossible, but alas, here we are.

Thought Cavill was great, just had the wrong teams with the wrong gameplan for his Superman take.

WolvesofBabylon
Batman vs Superman ruined DC in my opinion. That movie should have never happened. Man of Steel was good not great but still a decent movie. They should have went with a MOS 2 with Lex but a different Lex and left out Batman and Doomsday. Then MOS 3/4 could have been a two part movie with Doomsday and the Death/Return of Superman.

Robtard
Mark Strong would be a fantastic Lex Luthor, but if Shazam is going to be part of the soft reboot he's already playing Dr. Sivana. Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well Strong is Sivana in Shazam, so that cuts out that possibility.

Rumour has it that Jesse was originally cast as Riddler, and Bryan Cranston as Luthor, but when Cranston wasnt available they just changed Jesse to Luthor, but let him carry on playing him like Riddler.

What a f*** up if true.

GDI, forgot about that.

Robtard
A few people have brought up alternate-reality Superman stories in here, imo, Superman: Red Son could potentially be good if adapted to live action properly. Have it set in the 80's, people love that.

steverules_2
GDI

GDI?

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
GDI?

God Damn It.

As in I'll never get my Mark Strong Lex Luthor.

Adam Grimes
I'd like DCCU to go full Elseworlds but that's not going to happen with the normies as the prime target.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The Tangent Universe was f.ucking cool. I'd watch a movie series about a black villain Superman and female anarchist hero Joker taking place in a dystopian United States thirty years after nuclear warfare.

Bingo, Harvey Dent was a great character. A Superman with crazy psychic powers. Idris Elba could do it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'd like DCCU to go full Elseworlds but that's not going to happen with the normies as the prime target.

If the Joker movie does well, and the DCEU continues to crumble, then they likely would move in that direction.

But now that you mention it, Since they are doing Elseworlds why not just Reboot the DCEU, and carry on the Gadot Wonder Woman films separately?

No point in clinging onto an entire failed shared universe for just 1 successful part of it.

Surtur
Or what about doing "Red Son"? Would be awesome.

Senor Cage
I wonder what his cryptic message meant. Dany Garcia said the suit is still in the closet. Whatever that means.

Robtard
She's saying either his suit is gay and won't come out publicly, or that while Cavill's out of the role, there's still a possibility he could go back, meaning if they throw enough money at him and the scheduling works

Flyattractor
I would still like to see Cavil get a real chance at doing a FUN Superman. We got a glimpse of it in JL.

Darth Thor

Josh_Alexander
This will be dare for DCEU

BruceSkywalker
cavil done.. affleck done.. soon gadot done all equals a dead cinematic universe

Senor Cage

roughrider
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is the only reason they don't reboot. Her great movie is working as a curse.

Inhuman
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Well crap!

RIP DCEU

https://i.imgur.com/B7ZcnQm.jpg

One Big Mob
Bulked too hard

Darth Thor

Darth Thor
Originally posted by roughrider
Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman is the only reason they don't reboot. Her great movie is working as a curse.

I think they are just too dumb and arrogant to reboot.

I mean Affleck and Cavill have forced them to half reboot anyway. But the fact that they have gone ahead and began a new franchise in the DCEU (Shazam), means that was never an option for them.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Inhuman
Sad Affleck vol 2?

Eon Blue

Darth Thor
^ What main cast? lol

-Pr-

Estacado
New Superman revealed..

https://m.9gag.com/gag/aV3Npny?ref=fbp

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Estacado
New Superman revealed..

https://m.9gag.com/gag/aV3Npny?ref=fbp

I'd love to see him do a cameo, at least.

Flyattractor
I can skip the cameos in favor of Good Movies.

roughrider

"I'M FATMAN."

cdtm
Originally posted by -Pr-
It could be that, which I honestly wouldn't blame him for. I wouldn't be surprised if he's Deadpooling it either; letting the news leak to the public to see what some outcry might bring.

Do power plays ever work?

Gandolfini tried it, and they ended Sopranos. If they could can Charlie Sheen, I can't see any amount of star power being bigger then a studio execs ego..

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
Do power plays ever work?

Gandolfini tried it, and they ended Sopranos. If they could can Charlie Sheen, I can't see any amount of star power being bigger then a studio execs ego.. Would probably only work for someone like Tom Cruise.

Adam Grimes
But what if the fanbase/industry supports the power move because it will result in better products from the company?

Nobody really likes Charlie Sheen.

Myth

Imo, they should scrap everything planned and do a hard reboot after two-three years.

Yeah, Flashpoint could certainly be a way to go. He could change things and he could join a completely different, already existing Justice League that has Supergirl and others as the team.

Darth Thor
Meh just reboot after Wonder Woman 2.

Batman and Superman are gone anyway. And Flash and Aquaman are both terrible casting. We also need a better Luthor.

A full reboot is needed, not some Flashpoint partial reboot IMHO.

quanchi112
Drama.

Surtur

Ben has been trying to really get into character lately. He just forgot he's playing Bruce Wayne and not Tony Stark.

quanchi112

Superman's appearance, nearly his entire appearance, is so iconic, at least to me, that I don't want them to change much of anything. That is why I want it to really cut through to Superman fans souls across the planet. The amount of dceu suffering would be legendary and I would savor the flavor. Superman is not the money maker he was. Times have changed and people need to let the past die.

NemeBro
But what relevance does that have to your mother being a whore who is nonetheless ashamed of her son?

quanchi112
But what relevance does that have to your mother being a whore who is nonetheless ashamed of her son? Quit confusing your skank of a mama to mine. You are a typical Superman loser who cannot accept his brand has been massively devalued. You have shitty taste but I blame the skank that raised your loser ass.

Bye bye Superman.

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit confusing your skank of a mama to mine. You are a typical Superman loser who cannot accept his brand has been massively devalued. You have shitty taste but I blame the skank that raised your loser ass.

Bye bye Superman. Try to keep up, the topic here is your mother whose gaping cvnt is constantly squirting the semen of dozens of different dudes daily and how despite being a degenerate whore she still can look upon you and consider killing herself for spawning such a pathetic piece of dog shit. What are your thoughts on these facts?

quanchi112
Try to keep up, the topic here is your mother whose gaping cvnt is constantly squirting the semen of dozens of different dudes daily and how despite being a degenerate whore she still can look upon you and consider killing herself for spawning such a pathetic piece of dog shit. What are your thoughts on these facts? No, the topic is Cavill out as Superman but you cannot think straight with your mama neglecting you as a baby and all. You are dumb and you can blame your mama but at least she was getting play while the marvel comics fans were violating her with her consent.

If they turn Superman black I hope you begin the inevitable self harm ahead of schedule.

NemeBro
No, the topic is Cavill out as Superman but you cannot think straight with your mama neglecting you as a baby and all. You are dumb and you can blame your mama but at least she was getting play while the marvel comics fans were violating her with her consent.

If they turn Superman black I hope you begin the inevitable self harm ahead of schedule. What are your thoughts on your mother getting pounded by the BBC while looking with disgust at you?

quanchi112
What are your thoughts on your mother getting pounded by the BBC while looking with disgust at you? So once again the topic is too dark both literally and figuratively for you to even broach so you attempt to create a trump alt reality because of the neglect you received at the hands of your mother.

Khazra Reborn
Meh just reboot after Wonder Woman 2.

Batman and Superman are gone anyway. And Flash and Aquaman are both terrible casting. We also need a better Luthor.

A full reboot is needed, not some Flashpoint partial reboot IMHO.

I think they should do a full reboot too, but there's no way they're going to can Gadot's Diana and recast her. Which is why I'm pretty sure they'll do the soft reboot angle.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I think they should do a full reboot too, but there's no way they're going to can Gadot's Diana and recast her. Which is why I'm pretty sure they'll do the soft reboot angle.

Well after WW2 she would have been in 4 films as Wonder Woman. I think that is enough to say time to reboot, considering the rest of the universe is crumbling.

WolvesofBabylon
Keep Gadot. More movies she is in, the better

quanchi112
They do not need to reboot just make good films. People overreact.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Keep Gadot. More movies she is in, the better

Shes easily replaceable.

After WW2 shes done 4 films. No point in keeping a failed Universe going just for her. Not at that point at least.

quanchi112
Shes easily replaceable.

After WW2 shes done 4 films. No point in keeping a failed Universe going just for her. Not at that point at least. Just because you want a reboot does not mean they need to do so. This rests in his the next few films perform. Aquaman not changing its release date does not bode well for their chances in the first film since justice league.

Darth Thor
Its about it making no sense to continue just for 1 successful character/franchise. Give her one more solo film, then call it quits.

quanchi112
Its about it making no sense to continue just for 1 successful character/franchise. Give her one more solo film, then call it quits. No, it is silly to call it all quits. They all did not crash and burn like jl.

Darth Thor
No its silly to carry on a whole failed Universe for 1 character.

JL crashed due to all of the rest. Plus being a mess itself.

Besides The other films were based around a Batman and Superman who have both gone now. Anything going forward would be a soft reboot in any case.

quanchi112
No its silly to carry on a whole failed Universe for 1 character.

JL crashed due to all of the rest. Plus being a mess itself.

Besides The other films were based around a Batman and Superman who have both gone now. Anything going forward would be a soft reboot in any case. It was a mess itself that is why. Nothing more. Lost credibility with previous films but a good film is all they need. Look at WW.

Soft is the way to go. Glad they are not focusing on Batman or Superman. Done it death. Both brands are devalued these days. Love it.

Darth Thor
It was a mess itself that is why. Nothing more. Lost credibility with previous films but a good film is all they need. Look at WW.

Soft is the way to go. Glad they are not focusing on Batman or Superman. Done it death. Both brands are devalued these days. Love it.

Yeah look at WW.

WW proved one good film wont save them.

I agreed when they had Cavill and Affleck. But now I just think its pointless to carry on just for WW. Shes already getting a sequel, and that will be her 4th film.

No need to cling onto a failed Shared Universe just for her, unless Aquaman and Shazam both blow it out of the park (although Shazam doesnt even need to connect to the current shared universe).

Surtur
WW 1984 should be the last WW film. Let the DCEU die after it, we've lost Superman and Batman.

Robtard
I wanna see Kristen Wiig in a cheetah suit

BruceSkywalker
WW 1984 should be the last WW film. Let the DCEU die after it, we've lost Superman and Batman.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

HulkIsHulk
Was there any follow up with this
https://imgur.com/a/2a0okmq

Darth Thor
^ WB office? Most his films are WB films iirc.

Dc office would be something different.

quanchi112
WW 1984 should be the last WW film. Let the DCEU die after it, we've lost Superman and Batman. **** no. Superman and Batman are tired, the MCU flourished without the more well known ips.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Was there any follow up with this
https://imgur.com/a/2a0okmq

fandummies are thinking its for batman, but the fact of the matter is that Affleck needs to get his life in order first.. also the insurance wb will take out will be twice if not 3x of much marvel took out on rdj

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
D. Thor is a known moron and he believes his own shallow and childish opinion matters when it is a joke. Let him suck on his binky and shake his rattle as if he matters since we all know he does not.

Darth Thor
At DarthPlaguis:

Because you should not carry on a shared universe just for 1 character and 1 franchise. It is a DC Shared movie Universe. Not the Wonder Woman Universe.

If you or they think her franchise is that important to continue, then carry it on as a solo franchise. Clearly adding her to Justice League did not save that films reception or box office.

Yes they should obviously only reboot once they think they have their act together. As it would be an utter disaster if a reboot was still hated on. But at least then they can get away from the mess Snyder made for them. Get away from the terrible Flash, Aquaman and Lex Luthor we are stuck with. Also get away from an old Batman who kills without a second thought.

So gives the Shared Universe its best chance.

But fact is if you are replacing Superman and Batman then that is a partial reboot already. So why not do a full on reboot? They are just not doing that out of arrogance.

DarthPlaguis12

Darth Thor

davidguttermans
Still Can't Believe he is out.

DarthPlaguis12

quanchi112
Originally posted by davidguttermans
Still Can't Believe he is out. He has plenty of screen time. Mainstream audiences do not care about Superman. He is not a lock at all anymore.

Darth Thor
He has plenty of screen time. Mainstream audiences do not care about Superman. He is not a lock at all anymore.

Where are you getting this from?

quanchi112
Where are you getting this from? The declining numbers for the previous films, common sense, and reality. You can pretend people care but just a few nutty hardcore dc losers care they do not represent the main audience. MCU proved times are a changin.

Darth Thor
The declining numbers for the previous films, common sense, and reality. You can pretend people care but just a few nutty hardcore dc losers care they do not represent the main audience. MCU proved times are a changin.

Which film? You have already been called out on that. Justice League was not a Superman film. Heck he was the least marketed part of that film. Prior to that the films starring Cavill were going up in numbers.

I have numbers on my side. All you have is anti-Superman bias.

quanchi112
Which film? You have already been called out on that. Justice League was not a Superman film. Heck he was the least marketed part of that film. Prior to that the films starring Cavill were going up in numbers.

I have numbers on my side. All you have is anti-Superman bias. Even his first film gave us laskluster numbers. Adding Batman in failed to crack a billion. He was a part of it so quit pretending he was not in it. No one rushed out to see the film because they have had enough Superman. He is not the draw he once was.

No, I have declining numbers, lackluster numbers, and two icons not even smelling a billion culminating in the justice league failure. It does not take a genius to see why warner has changed their strategy.

Darth Thor
Youve been called out on his first film numbers.

Did massively better than the previous Superman film which flopped. BvS was hated and added a new Batman but still did better numbers than MOS which itself did Massively better than Superman Returns.

The new Mission Impossible co-starring Cavill was the biggest grossing MI movie to date.

So nothing anywhere shows Cavill and Superman are not bankable. Nothing except the bias in your head.

quanchi112
Youve been called out on his first film numbers.

Did massively better than the previous Superman film which flopped. BvS was hated and added a new Batman but still did better numbers than MOS which itself did Massively better than Superman Returns.

The new Mission Impossible co-starring Cavill was the biggest grossing MI movie to date.

So nothing anywhere shows Cavill and Superman are not bankable. Nothing except the bias in your head. Massively better but not good enough. It also did not keep getting better. It stunk but Batman is the bigger draw and still did not crack a billion. Your point is he has not been in demand for even longer since the previous film flopped too.

So? We are not talking Cavill but cavills Superman. If this was the case then Warner would have no choice but the guy is not A list and the dc films with him as Superman are far more relevant to tugs discussion that Cruise Mi. Warner agrees with me. Dceu has a better chance to succeed exploring newer characters than going back to this dry well. Cavill is not an A lister, sport.

Darth Thor
Massively better but not good enough. It also did not keep getting better. It stunk but Batman is the bigger draw and still did not crack a billion. Your point is he has not been in demand for even longer since the previous film flopped too.

Not good enough by whose standards? It clearly was good enough when they greenlit the rest of the DCEU after that Lol

Its only now after JL flopped that they do not know what to do.

So? We are not talking Cavill but cavills Superman. If this was the case then Warner would have no choice but the guy is not A list and the dc films with him as Superman are far more relevant to tugs discussion that Cruise Mi. Warner agrees with me. Dceu has a better chance to succeed exploring newer characters than going back to this dry well. Cavill is not an A lister, sport.

Its obviously both. There was no demand for Routh Superman whose film flopped.

Clearly he is bigger than you think when his MI is the biggest grossing MI to date. That film was marketed around Cruise and Cavill getting in a punch up.

Not surprising WB agrees with you given they have been retards with most of their decisions regarding DC.

quanchi112
Not good enough by whose standards? It clearly was good enough when they greenlit the rest of the DCEU after that Lol

Its only now after JL flopped that they do not know what to do.

Its obviously both. There was no demand for Routh Superman whose film flopped.

Clearly he is bigger than you think when his MI is the biggest grossing MI to date. That film was marketed around Cruise and Cavill getting in a punch up.

Not surprising WB agrees with you given they have been retards with most of their decisions regarding DC. They had a plan which failed despite Superman and Batman being the centerpieces of the universe. Warner changed course due to the reception of the sequel and when WW was a huge hit and positively received she became the center of the universe. Course correction. New leader new plan. Previous plan failed.

Great that WW gets a sequel she is by far the best hero from the dceu.

No demand for any Superman hence why Cavill is doing the Witcher.

Nah, but those numbers were not huge box office to the degree they expect from the bigger comic franchises. That also has to do with cruise the star more than Cavill.

They tried and failed but it is ongoing. Superman had his chance. Aquaman looks really good and I look forward to WW 2.

Darth Thor
Yes it was their dumb plan that failed them. Not Cavill or Superman.

Thanks for acknowledging the obvious thumb up

quanchi112
Yes it was their dumb plan that failed them. Not Cavill or Superman.

Thanks for acknowledging the obvious thumb up He was at the center of it so of course you keep going without him and WW. Love it. Superman failed, guy. No one cares anymore.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>