Maxima Vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Who wins.

zopzop
I want to say Maxima..........

leonidas
but....mags def has the tools to beat her. her tp would be useless here and her tk would be countered by his em control. she'd need to resort to battering him and that rarely is the way to go with mags. i'd say it's his fight to lose.

Damborgson
Are we sure Mags is low herald lol?

leonidas
it's more that his powerset is enormously versatile and very hard to defend against if we assume he is at his best. he really straddles the line between low and mid imo.

One Big Mob
Magneto constantly throws a fukhuge asteroid in orbit around Earth that he can raise and lower as need be.

X-Men badguys are op as shit even if the teams aren't. People like Apoc and Magneto could easily slide into Thor rogues without any question.

Magneto's been weakened for like a decade and he still does ridiculous shit all the time.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Magneto constantly throws a fukhuge asteroid in orbit around Earth that he can raise and lower as need be.

X-Men badguys are op as shit even if the teams aren't. People like Apoc and Magneto could easily slide into Thor rogues without any question.

Magneto's been weakened for like a decade and he still does ridiculous shit all the time.

Apoc and Magneto would be better rogues for Thor than people like Ulik and Skurge.

beatboks
Originally posted by leonidas
but....mags def has the tools to beat her. her tp would be useless here and her tk would be countered by his em control. she'd need to resort to battering him and that rarely is the way to go with mags. i'd say it's his fight to lose.

Battering is hardly her only option. She has ferokinisis as well as TK, matter manipulation and Mags helmet wont protect him from her hypnotic stare. She was able to paralyze Dr Polaris with it.

Senor Cage
Maxima for a small majority.

riv6672

leonidas
Originally posted by beatboks
Battering is hardly her only option. She has ferokinisis as well as TK, matter manipulation and Mags helmet wont protect him from her hypnotic stare. She was able to paralyze Dr Polaris with it.

her ferrokinesis is just an expression of her tk and certainly you wouldn't compare her ferrokinetic showings with mags....? the hypnosis is a possibility i guess, but not a great one given mags showings against any type of mental manipulation. other than that she really can only batter him as he has very good answers for anything else she can try against him.

deathslash
Originally posted by leonidas
her ferrokinesis is just an expression of her tk and certainly you wouldn't compare her ferrokinetic showings with mags....? the hypnosis is a possibility i guess, but not a great one given mags showings against any type of mental manipulation. other than that she really can only batter him as he has very good answers for anything else she can try against him. wasn't magneto mind controlled fairly recently? I remember him being controlled by Emma in IvX.

carver9
Hes weakened. If hes weakened here, he loses. Full powered Magneto gets a majority imo.

DarkSaint85
Magneto wins here, Maxima finds out what a true master of magnetism is.

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
Are we sure Mags is low herald lol?

He never has been while at full power, he was always a High Herald. This is somethig that he reminded Thor of a few times.

leonidas
high herald? nah. an all-out thor beats mags down almost every time.

Damborgson
He'd fit nicely in mid herald though

One Big Mob
Trans

riv6672
This was a blast...thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Mags with his Helmet should be immune to her TP. His Shields can withstand the attacks from Heralds. If we talk about classic I would give it to him. The new one gets demolished.

Lord_Kane
The Jew got this.

Genii96
Magneto

Philosophía
Originally posted by Damborgson
Are we sure Mags is low herald lol? He's to low-heralds what Iron Man is to high metas. Borderline, with his versatility making him seem a tier upper, but not quite. He's in the same tier with Apocalypse, Cassandra Nova, Dr. Light, Dr. Doom, Dr. Polaris, Enchantress, Graviton etc. etc. That's a perfect fit. To put into perspective, what mid-herald is supposed to represent is the high-heralds, basically, but without the extra gear. The 'dials go up to eleven' if you will. That's why you see John/Guy mid, but Hal/Kyle above. Captain Marvel/Supergirl there, but Superman above. Beta Ray Bill mid, but Thor high. etc The latter can go 'what the f*ck is that powerlevel' when shit gets real, but seem evenish with the former on a 'let's mess around wrestling naked in the mud' on a normal day.

Some characters have blurry lines, as with every list, but it's mostly accurate. In my Magneto fanboy heyday, I was actually trying to get him to mid..but...yeah, no.

Senor Cage
Who you going with, Philo? Maxima has the speed, strength, and durability advantage. Plus, she's versatile in her own right.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Who you going with, Philo? Maxima has the speed, strength, and durability advantage. Plus, she's versatile in her own right. I wonder who you want Phildo to say wins?

riv6672
I wonder who philo wants to win?

Senor Cage
I wonder who WILL win.

One Big Mob
Whoever Phildo says will win... unless he says Maxima

riv6672

deathslash
Originally posted by Lord_Kane
The Jew got this. ....neither of them are Jewish. .......

One Big Mob
Did Magneto being a Juden get retconned?

Galan007
Originally posted by deathslash
....neither of them are Jewish. ....... He was talking about Phil. thumb up

One Big Mob
THAT got retconned too?

I am so out of the loop nowadays. sad

Damborgson

krisblaze
He's not.

He's right at home.

riv6672
Did Magneto being a Juden get retconned?
But...the movies... confused

Philosophía
Did Magneto being a Juden get retconned? He was said to be a gypsy in X-Men Unlimited #2, but is also explicitly, and repeatedly, a jew. So both, or just jew, depending on what the writer remembers.

AbelAnderson
Magneto handily.

Sin I AM
Maxima. Eric struggles with the o4 now

StyleTime
It wasn't just the O5. Emma and Bloodstorm were there too, and Magneto dispatched them all....except Teen Jean. Teen Jean was only reason they had a shot. Considering what a Mary Sue Teen Jean is, that isn't a low showing for Mags. He believed that a fight between them would most likely end with them killing each other. Teen Jean wasn't actually sure she could win though, which says a lot about Magneto's power.

https://postimg.cc/WhQ4S6Pd
https://postimg.cc/B83nfSbs

Again, this is "I can slap Galactus around when Phoenix failed, and psychically build new bodies for myself" Teen Jean...

Honestly, I don't like Maxima's odds against her either.

riv6672
Thanks for the Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.