Jedi: Fallen Order video game news

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaggarath
In the latest episode of the "Making of Star Wars" podcast, host Jason Ward reported that he had contact with an undisclosed member of the "gaming industry", stating that Fallen Order will have a similar tone to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed but "without the Mountain Dew qualities".

This means that players can expect to be hunted by the Empire and for the game to offer a dark/gritty tone, but that the game will remain true to the Star Wars canon. Unlike Force Unleashed, players of Fallen Order shouldn't expect to be force pulling Star Destroyers from orbit, or "anything absurd".

At this time Jedi: Fallen Order appears to be a single player only game, with Ward stating that gamers "will want to keep your Star Wars: Battlefront installed for Star Wars multiplayer.

Zenwolf
TFU hook was the creative and big ways the Force could be used for, so how are they matching the tone? Dark and gritty aren't things I really got from TFU games.

One Big Mob

victreebelvictr
I hope that they give us a look within the Jedi Archives that were in place at the time. That is just my hope though.

Freedon Nadd
As long as they don't turn it into a MMOG like SWTOR - I am all good.

TheIndyJedi
I'm really looking forward to this. Could this be the game that will top Jedi Academy in terms of lightsaber combat? I really hope so. Well assuming that we do get to face lightsaber wielding oponents in this.

NTJack0
The lightsaber combat better be infinity better then TFU, more like the Jedi Knight series.

xPRIMEx
Looking forward to this

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I'm really looking forward to this. Could this be the game that will top Jedi Academy in terms of lightsaber combat? I really hope so. Well assuming that we do get to face lightsaber wielding oponents in this. I really really... REALLY doubt it.

People gave up on Jedi Academy saber combat a long time ago, there are games that have tried to emulate it like Blade Symphony and semi-succeeded in some ways, but horribly failed in others.

Independent teams like Dzon's team have been trying to emulate it using the source code, but it's still difficult.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I really really... REALLY doubt it.

People gave up on Jedi Academy saber combat a long time ago, there are games that have tried to emulate it like Blade Symphony and semi-succeeded in some ways, but horribly failed in others.

Independent teams like Dzon's team have been trying to emulate it using the source code, but it's still difficult.

Actually people still play Jedi Academy. It has a very active mod community.

Petrus
I've been really aching for a single-player new generation SW game a la KOTOR (not necessarily RPG). I hope this delivers.

TheIndyJedi
Bump
Apparently Chris Avellone (writer of KOTOR 2) was involved in this game

SHEEVISLIFE
Finally, a single player-based SW game. Also, I wonder who would be playing as?

NewGuy01
inb4 the cancellation

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by NewGuy01
inb4 the cancellation

Pretty sure it's gonna happen. There are already leaks about the game's story details

TheNuisanceBird
There should be a level where you find an old holocron of Anakin killing Shaak Ti in the Temple through a super stomp.

Freedon Nadd
I hope the game will be similar to KotOR games or Last of Us.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I hope the game will be similar to KotOR games or Last of Us.

Or Uncharted.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Or Uncharted.

I want a Star Wars game that is inclined towards psychology and philosophy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.