LOTR sequel trilogy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
If the Peter Jacksons Lord of the Rings movies were continued with a new sequel film trilogy similar to Disneys Star Wars sequel trilogy.

It would have new stories, new heroes and villains, with returning classic LOTR Tolkien characters.

Can the idea work, would fans except this continuation of the series?.

heartfire
No, Tolkien hasn't written any more material. Fans would react against it, especially if it were as lackluster an effort as the latest Star Wars trilogy is.

StiltmanFTW
There'd be a huge backlash against it, but I'd still watch it.

robotflug
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
There'd be a huge backlash against it, but I'd still watch it.

Would anyone really care for the new stories or the original characters?.

Trocity
I'd watch it but it would not live up to expectations in any capacity. Even The Hobbit was a massive step down. Since Tolkien didn't write anything on a sequel, I can't imagine how bad a sequel trilogy would be with the hacks in hollywood having to come up with their own shit.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Trocity
Even The Hobbit was a massive step down.

The Hobbit never had the chance.

Simply because the movie fans expected the same thing as LotR... even though it's just not that kind of a story.

And too much CGI was used, of course. I miss the practical effects. LotR orcs/goblins > Hobbit ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.