Hyperion Vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Which super man wins.

StiltmanFTW
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/81052/1489356-hyp5.jpg

Adam Grimes
Lmao. Wasn't that Squadron Supreme Hype though?

StiltmanFTW
Well, Riv didn't specify the version and, technically, there's no 616 Hype stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Also, this def belongs here...

https://tinyurl.com/y9e8n7zs

One Big Mob
Nu-Hype wins
All other Hypes lose

King Hyperion is a toss up.

riv6672

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Well, Riv didn't specify the version and, technically, there's no 616 Hype stick out tongue I wish there was no Hype period. Every version sans the most recent sucks lol.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I wish there was no Hype period. Every version sans the most recent sucks lol.

What makes you like Hickman's Hyperion so much?

riv6672
^^^this guy gets it.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What makes you like Hickman's Hyperion so much? They actually developed him into a character who had a bromance with Thor. A lot more work was put into him than other jobbing versions.

Adam Grimes
Exactly. It's not that I like him so much but at least he doesn't suck as much as the other versions.

Don't even get me started on King Edgerion, though.

riv6672

leonidas
it took place over about two years. it was...weird. black uniform hype would win i think, but it would be close. squadron sinister hype might win too. that dude was brutal. i remember him beating the holy phukc out of simon when grandmaster brought him back from the dead. king hype would be interesting but he ultimately proved to kind of suck a$$ so i'd take glads against him and any other hype.

One Big Mob
Gladiator beat Wonder Man just as easily as Evil Hype did. Plus iirc Good Hype was stronger than Evil Hype, and Glads snapped his neck (though was said to be equal)

King Hype took on both, but then every other feat he had was shit.
Good Hyperion was equal to the Supreme Power Hyperion.

So basically, the Hype status should look like this
King Hyperion >> Good Hyperion = Supreme Power >/= Evil Hyperion

However, it looks like King Hype is on their level or below now. Hickman Hype appears a notch above all

riv6672
So, about those issues i might wanna read...? stick out tongue

One Big Mob
Hickman's Avengers/Avengers World. For the stuff before Secret Wars.

Every new appearance of Hyperion after is Hickman's Hype too. He kills Namor for example, and then they go back and try and retcon it.

riv6672

One Big Mob
We all were

riv6672

One Big Mob

riv6672
No, i havent read them, but really interested in this depiction of Hype, so no worries. Appreciate the help!

Quick Freeze

carver9
They do, Gladiator just fights better and his powers are dynamic.

zopzop
IMHO, Gladiator. They both have their share of space cheese feats but Gladiator has actually gone up and done well against legit high heralds. He wins it via experience.

Stoic
Pretty close fight, but Gladiator edges him out due to skill. It would be a stalemate if Hyperion possessed Gladiator's level of skill. Blue Marvel curbs them both. Yep had to throw that in there.

Quick Freeze
Does Hype have any ice breath feats actually? I know Glads does

carver9
Nope.

playa1258
Gladiator.

Quick Freeze
Welp that tips the scales enough for your old pal Quick Freeze!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.