Constantine (2005) Vs. Dr. Strange (2016): Which movie has the better Story and Lore?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drsoe08
Constantine
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111330088/6616400-8853969488-p3554.jpg

Vs.

Dr. Strange
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111330088/6616402-5783130618-MV5BM.jpg

Which movie has the better Story and Lore/Mythology?

riv6672

Impediment

riv6672
^^^cool thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Constantine sucked pure and simple

Patient_Leech
Why is this a fu#king thread? Compare two unrelated movies?

Kazenji
John Might not have been from Liverpool, England in the Constantine movie, Still Keanu still did a good job of the role.

riv6672
Yup.

CroftAlice
Constantine

Arachnid1
Constantine was fking awesome though Strange was probably a better movie. That said, I still liked Constantine more. I'm a sucker for its well executed horror aspects. I wish Strange was more horror oriented like originally planned.

janus77
Strange was the more faithful rendition, but the lore around Constantine is far far superior.

Shame they cancelled the tv series.

The Keanu film was good, but no reason to use Constantine as a vehilce for a supernatural Keanu vehicle. Could have just made some Constantine LA set homage.

Would love to see TV Lucifer and TV Constantine interact on the telly.

riv6672

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Constantine sucked pure and simple

Dark haired, Americanized version of John Constantine disqualified the movie on the spot. thumb down

950Killer
Constantine was a unique occult detective movie with some noir elements in it while Dr. Strange was just Iron Man 2.0 and not that interesting.

So in terms of story and lore, Constantine 10/10

Darth Thor
I tried watching Constantine once but couldnt get through it.

Doctor Strange is a faithful and entertaining superhero origin story and overall just a top film.

gauntlet o doom
I think Dr Strange had greater production value and a much more polished product.

Constantine had better lore, for me anyway. There was more potential to explore the DC mystic lore, whereas Dr Strange was a little too tied to the overarching Infinity War lead-up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.