JLA Big 7 or classic Ws Authority

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672

beatboks
The powers and restrictions of the Authority are far more abstract. This lends them to much greater versatility. Between the Doctor, Engineer and Sparks you have 3 energy matter manipulators two of which reality manip.

Its not even close in comparison. Exclude those 3 from any Authority line up and any list of equal number JLAers wins pretty.

riv6672
^^^appreciate the response, was pretty sure i wouldnt get any.
TBC though, this is Sparks, not Quantum.

You made me think though. If you removed from the JLA as a whole (all past members) aliens/alien powered characters, that wouldcreally put a big dent in their...everything.

Eon Blue
Authority has way more versatility, so by all accounts they should have an edge over JL.

Flash and MM/Supes are the most versatile from JL followed by GL for his constructs, but The Doctor is on another level from anyone in the JL.

Glorificus
Magical - aside from WW, the JL are at a disadvantage here in handling the supernatural. The Doctor should be able to handle pretty much any magical threats all by his lonesome.

Scientific - Batman has better prep feats than Engineer, and Brainiac is one of Superman's primary villains who he's successfully faced off against countless times, so maybe a slight edge to the JL in resolving a tech threat.

Alien invasions - This is JL all day.

Natural disasters and saving civilians - I wanna say JL again. But Doctor has shown he could protect and wall off large sections of a city to save civilians. The Authority have the benefit of doors to travel around different locations instantaneously to save people from disasters, but JL has Flash...

Cosmic events - Toss up, with maybe an edge to JL again. I'd say JL has more feats of being successful against such threats, but I don't know if they were more efficient at resolving them than the Authority. Authority's threats like "God" returning to Earth and the Renegade Doctor seemed less threatening than some of the things the JL had to face off against, like the Crises, Mageddon, etc.

The old Govt turns against them gambit - definitely The Authority. They tried to take down the US Gov't and even succeeded in taking over the country for a while... the JL seem more likely to try and negotiate or even placate the gov't out of their respect for the law, where as The Authority wouldn't blink twice at killing off any problematic gov't officials...

riv6672
^^^thanks guys!

Surprised you didnt mention Hawksmoor re: natural disasters. I love his powers.

MrMind
nobody can come close to the doctor

riv6672
Thanks for the Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.