Knights of Ren - Darkside Users Confirmed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
According to the Updated Star Wars Visual dictionary that came out last week in Kylo Rens entry it states that the Knights of Ren are not Sith but the archetype of a new generation of darkside users - the Knights of Ren.

To me this is new information on the Knights of Ren as I assumed they were just a bunch of hired guns.

victreebelvictr
going am not sure what you are asking.

juggernaut74
Not much is known about the Knights of Ren, this book may confirm that they are darkside force users and not just some random hired guns as a lot of people seemed to assume they were.

victreebelvictr

Jaggarath

victreebelvictr
On what, that Darth Millenial is their leader or... Were not talking to me...

victreebelvictr
Read this, and then the second one if you would like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmZyJUTps4

Total Warrior
I always assumed the knights of Ren were those Jedi padawans who joined Ren the night he narrated Luke

victreebelvictr

Total Warrior
Luke confirmed some joined him in EP 8, I am pretty sure of it

victreebelvictr

Total Warrior
Yeah some of them, the rest was killed

victreebelvictr
By who?

Luke?!

Total Warrior

The Merchant
Pretty sure the Knights of Ren were always meant to be darksiders way back before TFA was even released when Abrams said how Kylo Ren isn't a Sith but a Knight of Ren. Also, most likely the KOR we see with Kylo in the vision were the Students that helped betray Luke. Luke took in a dozen students along with Kylo for a total number of 13. Iirc Luke later said 6 of those students joined Kylo, making a total of 7 KOR members. We see 7 KOR in Reys flashback.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
By who?

Luke?! no I mean, some of them joined Kylo, the others were killed by Kylo

Total Warrior

The Merchant
Yeah but Johnson screwed up lol. Luke in TLJ specifically says he only took a dozen + Kylo.

Total Warrior
And this is one more thing that adds to the list of those he screwed up

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Total Warrior
no I mean, some of them joined Kylo, the others were killed by Kylo Grazie.

The Merchant
Oh btw in TLJs novelization, Hux says the only force users in the FO are Snoke and Kylo Ren. Wonder if they're all dead, don't see a reason why they would be in hiding from the rest of the FO.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Grazie. prego big grin

Underachiever59
Originally posted by The Merchant
Oh btw in TLJs novelization, Hux says the only force users in the FO are Snoke and Kylo Ren. Wonder if they're all dead, don't see a reason why they would be in hiding from the rest of the FO.

It's possible that since the Knights of Ren are direct followers of Kylo Ren, they might not necessarily be considered part of the First Order? I haven't read the TLJ novelization, so I don't know the exact wording of the quote you brought up. That'd be my best guess, though. The Knights of Ren probably fall somewhere outside of the FO structure, and so Hux doesnt' regard them as part of the FO.

Greysentinel365

Yeah and in the TFA novelisation Rey met Poe at the end. They'll ignore whatever they want.

The Merchant
Well, difference between TFAs novelization and TLJs is TLJs waa written specifically to expand the movie itself, unlike TFA which was released on the same day as The film and was using rough drafts of the script. TLJS novel is even advertised as such. But, that's putting too much faith in Disney ofc and most likely it will be ignored entirely.

Galan007
Originally posted by Jaggarath
It's obvious they are dark siders, but can you quote me? https://i.imgur.com/W0zdlb5.jpg

Same source also confirms that Snoke is all but useless in physical confrontations, and is completely reliant on the combat prowess of the Praetorian Guards to protect him.

juggernaut74
So basically the Knights are kinda like the Inquisitors?

Galan007
Kind of, I suppose, but I'm unsure what their specific role is withing the FO..? I mean, it's not like there's an abundance of Jedi for them to hunt down, so perhaps the KoR just spend their time hunting members of the Republic/Resistance off-screen instead?

I also have to wonder why Snoke wouldn't have opted to use the KoR as his personal bodyguard instead of the Praetorians, since the former are confirmed force-users..?

AncientPower
Likely because they're completely devoted to Snoke with no ideas upon the throne, whereas Knights of Ren are evidently not.

Zentrex
I don't know if they're going to go back, ever, to the Knights of Ren. Rogue One was going to explain them, but then they scrapped that idea, for whatever reason.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Zentrex
I don't know if they're going to go back, ever, to the Knights of Ren. Rogue One was going to explain them, but then they scrapped that idea, for whatever reason.

They are about the only interesting thing EP 9 can offer at this point tbh...even then my interest has kinda died because of all the other dumb stuff that happened.

Galan007
Leaks of the Episode IX storyboards have the KoR playing a significant role alongside Kylo.

...Not that storyboards can't be changed or w/e, but if the leaked material is legit, then some of the premises are very interesting.

The Merchant
They should troll us and reveal the Knights of Ren were the Praetorian guards all along plus 2 new members so the numbers are consistent. As for them not being force users that can be said that Snoke told then to cut themselves off from the Force just like Luke did so Kylo is the only Force user barring Snoke himself.

Zenwolf
They should troll us and reveal the Knights of Ren were the Praetorian guards all along plus 2 new members so the numbers are consistent. As for them not being force users that can be said that Snoke told then to cut themselves off from the Force just like Luke did so Kylo is the only Force user barring Snoke himself.

That would be stupid on so many levels...but somehow I wouldn't put it past the movie to do that.

Also Galan, what interesting leaks?

Galan007
Again, they're just leaks/storyboards but they suggest that:

-Kylo has fooled the galaxy into thinking he is a benevolent leader who killed Snoke for his crimes against the Republic. Kylo is hailed as the galaxy's new savior/hero.

-Kylo is obviously still a piece of shit and is pulling some very shady antics behind the scenes. Someone within the FO(Hux) begins leaking this incriminating information to the galaxy. Kylo and the KoR try to track down this traitor.

-Kylo and Rey continue having their force connections, and can fully appear to one another in the flesh. They ultimately fall in love and Rey becomes pregnant with Kylo's child.

-Ep. IX will not wrap up the Rey/Kylo story. It will continue well beyond this trilogy.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Galan007
Kind of, I suppose, but I'm unsure what their specific role is withing the FO..? I mean, it's not like there's an abundance of Jedi for them to hunt down, so perhaps the KoR just spend their time hunting members of the Republic/Resistance off-screen instead?

I also have to wonder why Snoke wouldn't have opted to use the KoR as his personal bodyguard instead of the Praetorians, since the former are confirmed force-users..? My guess is that they don't have any connection to the First Order possibly.

They seem to work for Kylo who himself exists outside the command structure of the First Order.

Zenwolf

-Kylo has fooled the galaxy into thinking he is a benevolent leader who killed Snoke for his crimes against the Republic. Kylo is hailed as the galaxy's new savior/hero.

-Kylo is obviously still a piece of shit and is pulling some very shady antics behind the scenes. Someone within the FO(Hux) begins leaking this incriminating information to the galaxy. Kylo and the KoR try to track down this traitor.

-Kylo and Rey continue having their force connections, and can fully appear to one another in the flesh. They ultimately fall in love and Rey becomes pregnant with Kylo's child.

-Ep. IX will not wrap up the Rey/Kylo story. It will continue well beyond this trilogy.

I vaguely recall reading something about all this and it still sounds retarded. Except maybe the 2nd one, but given how Hux was portrayed last movie....I can't really see the guy as anything great.

Zentrex
Originally posted by Zenwolf
They are about the only interesting thing EP 9 can offer at this point tbh...even then my interest has kinda died because of all the other dumb stuff that happened.
The only interesting thing? The ONLY? And how are they so interesting anyway?
I wonder what drove you to write that...

I actually needed to sip water after I read that. That is the worst thing ever. They won't let it happen, will they? They can't let that happen...can they?

Zenwolf

The Merchant
@Zentrex

Cause the new movie has to subvert our expectations!

Total Warrior

-Ep. IX will not wrap up the Rey/Kylo story. It will continue well beyond this trilogy. your first 2 points are actually cool, but the last ones...

Petrus
Originally posted by Total Warrior
I always assumed the knights of Ren were those Jedi padawans who joined Ren the night he narrated Luke

Me too...

One Big Mob

-Ep. IX will not wrap up the Rey/Kylo story. It will continue well beyond this trilogy. Will they be showing full penetration?

Jaggarath

Link? I haven't seen any of this on r/starwarsleaks, which is by far the most reliable source for leaks. Seems like fake news.

Galan007
I originally found it on the r/leaks board. Must have been taken down, because I can no longer find it there.

So yeah, could very well be fake.

Zentrex
@Zentrex

Cause the new movie has to subvert our expectations!
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.