Favorite mobile games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
I probably game more on my phone, then console or computer smile

K-7mmAjP680

victreebelvictr
Force Arena is pretty good.

A new and more strategic version of Clash Royal.

I never played Clash, but I assume this is true.

Ridley_Prime
Anything cdtm hates.

Joking mostly. I don't even play that Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle mobage which I couldn't really get into.

CroftAlice
Biochemical raid 1&2

Jmanghan
I don't own a cellphone.

victreebelvictr

NewGuy01
Infinity Blade 2.

Jmanghan
I don't see the need for one. I get bored going out and most of the games I could play need to be played online anyway. I have a tablet that I barely use cause its super slow and overheats.

victreebelvictr
How do you speak to people?

Do you even call?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
How do you speak to people?

Do you even call? I only call when I feel like making plans, I have a laptop to use facebook for.

I live at home.

victreebelvictr

Jmanghan
Used to play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and Kingdom Rush a lot.

victreebelvictr
Galaxy went unpopular a while ago.

StyleTime
Edit.

StyleTime

victreebelvictr

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StyleTime
League is still massive dude...

As for the thread, Wayward Souls is a really good game, especially if you like the Soulsborne franchise. It's not a 1:1 mirror in the way that Salt and Sanctuary is, but a lot of what made Souls special is there. The minimalist storytelling, unforgiving combat that rewards patience, invocation of certain horror tropes like isolation and even despair, Roguelike influences, etc. Fantastic musical score that creates a delightfully melancholic atmosphere and the characters offer very different playstyles for increased replay value.

It is well worth the money. It's on Steam now too, with some added content. Salt & Sanctuary was a great game.

cdtm
I'll have to consider that one.

On the free side, Dead Trigger was a pretty fun mobile shooter. Nice selection of
freemium guns, that keep pace with the iap guns. Spent a lot of time in the arena, working up a high kill count.

cdtm
I think Phoenix 2 counts, considering I've been playing it obsessively for about two weeks now.

For Shmup fans only (Think Ikaruga).

One game I can recommend to everyone, of all ages, is Nimble Quest.

n-QMoe0jzQ8

It's basically the greatest Snake game ever.

Estacado
Bleach Brave Souls.

None can compare.

cdtm
Originally posted by Estacado
Bleach Brave Souls.

None can compare.

Just tried it.

Lot of ads. Seems very pay to win.

victreebelvictr
Just tried it myself.

Its okay, I like it but the ads are a tad annoying.

Estacado
The "adds" only appear when you log in and its only news feed of the new events.

Once you get 6 star characters the game becomes addictive as hell just check some gameplay vids on youtube if you are a Bleach fan this game is a must have.

It starts off slowly off course but once you get a bit further it is awesome I have been playing for 810 days now and havent spent a single dollar.

ZfqHmZhCAEw

cdtm
There's also the constant loading.

Every time you start it, every time you enter a mission.

I also don't get the arena. It claims you can control special abilities, but all I saw
was the AI fighting. Got to watch my team of two get beat down by a team of three.

At level 5, so I'll stick with it a little more.

victreebelvictr

Estacado
Pvp is only worth trying when you will have 6 stars it is AI controlled you can only use the special once you get the purple soul bomb.

cdtm
Shadowgun Legends had promise. Sort of a f2p mobile Destiny.

Unfortunately, the thing keeps crashing. Looks to be an IOS thing. If you have android, and it sounds interesting to you, you might want to give it a try.

Hmm, I suppose I could try an emulator...

cdtm
Wow, Gamelofts N.O.V.A 3 is free now. Lost it when my old tablet died,
looks like I can finish it.

I was one of the suckers who paid 7 dollars for a game chock full of IAP. But it's actually a pretty decent game. Sort of like Halo and Gears on mobile.

cdtm
Just tried a game called Puzzle and Dragons. Pretty neat match 3 game, where you go through dungeons with groups of monsters, fighting other monsters. Sort of a Pokemon type game.

Seems more fun then games like Candy Crush or Marvel Puzzle Quest.

StyleTime

cdtm
GuOE-6QLsOI

That's the Steam version, but the freemium mobile version is plenty fun.

cdtm
Who are these people who pay for mobile garbage? Especially endless runners. WHY would you pay into a game that never ends, and has no point beyond endless playing?

Oh right, they've been doing that with World of Warcraft for years. evil face

StyleTime
Yeah, the freemium games are a trap, unless you just really like that game.

That said, the premium ones, where you pay upfront for a finished product, are often pretty good. I'm surprised most people are only mentioning F2P games here, but I'll go ahead and mention some ones I play.

I feel like I have to mention Shadowverse. If you like CCG's it's a great, faster paced alternative to Hearthstone. I have tons of fun with it, and there's generally a top tier deck you can make without investing ridiculous amounts of time and/or money in each expansion. Very free player friendly in general.

Honkai Impact 3rd: Extremely weeb game, but great for broke folks as well. You never feel like much is really barred from you, and the gameplay is solid. It feels more like a proper action game, where you're not just a ball of stats. You need to actually understand when to attack, defend, or counter. There's also unique movesets among the characters and the music is pretty neat most of the time. I never really feel pressed for stamina, and there's tons of events and such. I haven't been on much lately, but it's one of the few I actually got into. If you can get past some cliche anime stuff, it's really fun. I haven't dropped money on it, but I would totally understand if someone did. My one big complain is the lack of a quick complete option. They have an option that essentially turns your character into god mode, but you still have to actually grind the level yourself.

DC Mobile Legends, Marvel Strike Force, Marvel Future Fight are some more good ones.

If you like MOBA's then Vainglory(League basically), Paladin's Strike(Top Down Overwatch basically), Planet of Heroes, Heroes Arena, etc

Black Survival is an interesting twist on the online Battle Royale concept, in that it's 100% point and click. The voices can be lol at times, but it's fun if you enjoy that kinda thing. It's a massive battery killer though.

I like Eredan Arena, CCG, too. I went back to it though, and you definitely hurt if you are a free player. That roulette system is super hard to grind with.

cdtm
I grew disillusioned with paid apps after buying several, only for them to go freemium later. And, they had tons of iap, so they were trying to have their cake and eat it, too.

The only one I'd buy now, are games I already own on Steam and know what their all about, like FTL: Faster Then Light.

cdtm
I might get Super Mario Run, maybe.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by cdtm
I might get Super Mario Run, maybe. Mario Run sucks.

cdtm
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Mario Run sucks.

Looks like you can play Toad Rally and Remix all you want without unlocking World Tour anyways, so I might not bother. Unless Rally and Remix have paywalls I'm not seeing yet.

Looking into Mario Run, I learned about Fire Emblem Heroes, so that's an instant download.

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, the freemium games are a trap, unless you just really like that game.

That said, the premium ones, where you pay upfront for a finished product, are often pretty good. I'm surprised most people are only mentioning F2P games here, but I'll go ahead and mention some ones I play.

I feel like I have to mention Shadowverse. If you like CCG's it's a great, faster paced alternative to Hearthstone. I have tons of fun with it, and there's generally a top tier deck you can make without investing ridiculous amounts of time and/or money in each expansion. Very free player friendly in general.

Honkai Impact 3rd: Extremely weeb game, but great for broke folks as well. You never feel like much is really barred from you, and the gameplay is solid. It feels more like a proper action game, where you're not just a ball of stats. You need to actually understand when to attack, defend, or counter. There's also unique movesets among the characters and the music is pretty neat most of the time. I never really feel pressed for stamina, and there's tons of events and such. I haven't been on much lately, but it's one of the few I actually got into. If you can get past some cliche anime stuff, it's really fun. I haven't dropped money on it, but I would totally understand if someone did. My one big complain is the lack of a quick complete option. They have an option that essentially turns your character into god mode, but you still have to actually grind the level yourself.

DC Mobile Legends, Marvel Strike Force, Marvel Future Fight are some more good ones.

If you like MOBA's then Vainglory(League basically), Paladin's Strike(Top Down Overwatch basically), Planet of Heroes, Heroes Arena, etc

Black Survival is an interesting twist on the online Battle Royale concept, in that it's 100% point and click. The voices can be lol at times, but it's fun if you enjoy that kinda thing. It's a massive battery killer though.

I like Eredan Arena, CCG, too. I went back to it though, and you definitely hurt if you are a free player. That roulette system is super hard to grind with.

Feel free to mention paid apps, too.

There was this one awesome reverse tower defense game I bought years back. Almost a vector type art style, where you buy various tanks and upgrades, to get through levels. It was pulled from US stores in a mass culling. sad

victreebelvictr
That sucks, that has to be hard for ya.

cdtm
Anomaly was the game. Got it on a Kindle Fire HD back in the day.

Now, it appeaes to be unavailble in US app stores. Import stores only (Never tried getting an app outside the US store. Might be worth a look....)

It's also on Steam, but that's not really my preferred format anymore.

victreebelvictr
Have you tried any FNAF?

cdtm
Just bought the first one, will try it tonight. Seems like a good game for October.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.