Characters Vs how they are written

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672

carver9
In his own books, Hulk is presented at his worst. Why do I say this? His levels of power hasn't even been touched because he has to purposely cap it in fear of destroying everything and everyone. Look at it like this, while using a portion of his power, a step could split the Earth in half. This is how much power he contains.

DarkSaint85
It depends on their level.

Streets (Cap, Batman, Daredevil etc) are written up in team books. Their main books are more 'normal' in their depictions. This gives them something to do rather than being turned into pink mist as soon as the big bad shows up.

So Batman would struggle with ordinary mobsters (well, relatively speaking), yet, walk off a punch from Mongul.

Powerful heralds are sometimes written down in team books. Martian Manhunter being prime for this. 'Hey, this situation would all be sorted out by...and oh, he's been taken out'.

Guest appearances, though, are the worst the more powerful you are. Superman guest starring in a Hellblazer comic? It would just serve to underline how bad the situation is - classic Worf type scenario. FlashES guest star in a Bat book - get taken out by Catwoman.

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
In his own books, Hulk is presented at his worst. Why do I say this? His levels of power hasn't even been touched because he has to purposely cap it in fear of destroying everything and everyone. Look at it like this, while using a portion of his power, a step could split the Earth in half. This is how much power he contains. Wait, are you suggesting that Hulk is not Hulk?

You're scaring me, carv.

carver9
And it begins

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
Wait, are you suggesting that Hulk is not Hulk?

You're scaring me, carv.

laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
And it begins

Tbf, it began as soon as you posted your hypocrisy.

carver9
Galan knew I was playing though. Let's not get off topic, please.

ghostman
your entire existence is off topic carver.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by ghostman
your entire existence is off topic carver. laughing out loud

These turn into mock threads so fast!

beatboks
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It depends on their level.

Streets (Cap, Batman, Daredevil etc) are written up in team books. Their main books are more 'normal' in their depictions. This gives them something to do rather than being turned into pink mist as soon as the big bad shows up.

So Batman would struggle with ordinary mobsters (well, relatively speaking), yet, walk off a punch from Mongul.

Powerful heralds are sometimes written down in team books. Martian Manhunter being prime for this. 'Hey, this situation would all be sorted out by...and oh, he's been taken out'.

Guest appearances, though, are the worst the more powerful you are. Superman guest starring in a Hellblazer comic? It would just serve to underline how bad the situation is - classic Worf type scenario. FlashES guest star in a Bat book - get taken out by Catwoman.

This pretty much covers it. Then of course there are those uber powered characters who primarily appear in only team books who have the very accasional showing to showcase their power but otherwise job to allow others to shine. For exa ple Jakeem/Johnny Thunder

carver9

Cant take anything you say serious, Mr. V30.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
This pretty much covers it. Then of course there are those uber powered characters who primarily appear in only team books who have the very accasional showing to showcase their power but otherwise job to allow others to shine. For exa ple Jakeem/Johnny Thunder

When has Jakeem shined...i honestly cant remember

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
When has Jakeem shined...i honestly cant remember

The one story ark in the 5th dimension. Actually it wasnt Jakeem that shined but Thunderbolt himself as he was more in control. At least thats what came to mind when I posted it.

beatboks
Oh and another one would be the Ultra takes command of Thunderbolt by putting his brain in Johnny Thunder ark. Again more of a testament to Thinderholt when used by someone intelligent in its use

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
Oh and another one would be the Ultra takes command of Thunderbolt by putting his brain in Johnny Thunder ark. Again more of a testament to Thinderholt when used by someone intelligent in its use

I actually liked Jakeem and Johnny it's just that their execution was flawed. Same with a lot of New Gods...they cant seem to be depicted correctly

riv6672
^^^or interestingly.

Also, thanks for the replies, all.

^^^also laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.