Better film: Justice League vs. Thor Dark World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The post is simple which one of these looked down on films did you enjoy more than the other? Which film had better action, plot, or simply less flaws than the other?

riv6672

BackFire
The Dark World is one of the most forgettable movies in existence. The couple times I've watched it, I don't sit there actively thinking about how bad it is, it's just like a week after I see it, I've forgotten everything about it. It's just very mediocre.

Justice League is much more aggressively shitty, imo. It's memorable because of it, and I don't hate it as much as others, but I think it's the worse movie of the two.

Flyattractor
Only thing I can recall about DW was the "Is that a Shoe?" Joke.

riv6672
So, i was right then.
Just ppl on message boards.

NemeBro
You're such a crusty phaggot dude, lol.

riv6672

Darth Thor
^ Dude Chris Hemsworth himself has said it was Meh. Pretty sure hes not on message boards.

It was overall a forgettable film, but with some gold moments (Thor/Loki interactions) and plot points which carried forward the MCU overall arc, i.e. the End Cliffhanger and the Mid-Credit scene.

Thats the difference between the MCU and DCEU. Even when the MCU makes a forgettable film it still has great character interactions and still contributes to the cinematic universe.

Flyattractor
Thor Rag was pretty much the same. Only it was actually fun. Pointless but fun.

Kazenji
I'd rather rewatch Thor: Dark World over JL despite how average it was

Malakith was a big ****en waste, Should've been one of the most memorable villains.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji

Malakith was a big ****en waste, Should've been one of the most memorable villains.

Yeah. Big disappointment.

Especially given the Thor franchise has mostly given us the best villains in the MCU.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah. Big disappointment.

Especially given the Thor franchise has mostly given us the best villains in the MCU.

That is true. Hela was way more fun then Thanos, by far.

Bentley
Dark World > Black Panther.

Phuck the haters.

Estacado
Anything>Black Panther.

NemeBro
Couple of racists here.

Estacado
thumb up

Now if the title was White Panther......it would have been a great movie...

Darth Thor
Lol

BackFire
I also hate black people.

Estacado
thumb up

We should boycott Black Panther 2.

riv6672
Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

We should boycott Black Panther 2.
I already am, same as the first one.

WolvesofBabylon
Dark World is probably the worst MCU movie. Until Ragnarok, Thor was the worst series by a mile.

JL is better

tkitna
Justice League was a dumpster fire. How anybody could like it is beyond me.

Dark World isnt Marvels best movie, but its way, way better than JL.

roughrider
The Dark World wasn't better than the first Thor, and certainly not better than Ragnarok. But there were positive elements in furthering Asgard's design, Thor got his best looking battle armour, and Infinity Stones were mentioned for the first time.

Justice League was this Frankenstein-like patchwork mediocre movie. It was as underwhelming as the first Avengers was awesome.

steverules_2
Loki was the best part of dark world, justice league had no best parts

Estacado
Dont deny the awesome JL was...

http://i.imgur.com/c46AGfK.jpg

Surtur
I voted for Thor Dark World. I didn't dislike Justice League, but I enjoyed Thor more.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
I also hate black people.

eFuF8Y1H06Q

quanchi112
JL conitinues to be shat on. Ngl I enjoy this. Make mine marvel.

tkitna
vPV3huvxDy8

StiltmanFTW
Thor 2.

There's absolutely no contest.

StiltmanFTW
6BRYKy6pr0o

gauntlet o doom
I'm not a fan of the Justice League movie but Dark World was just really bland and boring.

BruceSkywalker
neither..both shit

John Murdoch
I actually thought The Dark World was near the top of the MCU film rankings when it was released:

- The intro with Bor vs the Dark Elves was cool
- Hemsworth and Hiddleston shines as usual, as did the Idris Elba
- Kurse remains one of the MCU's best henchmen
- The Star Wars-esque Dark Elves Starfighter battle on Asgard
- The final portal battle in throughout London and the nine realms was a great time

I understand all the criticisms:
- I actually was emotionally invested from the start in Jane and Thor's relationship, but I understand why the MCU head honchos dropped it by Ragnarok completely
- Chris Eccleston was wasted, and Malekith remains one of the worst MCU villains
- Sometimes the comedy fell flat or was forced too much. Compare this to Ragnarok where every joke and gag hits on the money nearly everytime.

However, I saw it opening weekend twice, once with a great group of my guy friends and once with my wife, and both viewings are still fond memories for me, even though it is near the bottom of the MCU pile these days. That is a testimony to how strong Marvel has been since Winter Soldier/GotG 1 and onwards, though, not that Phase 1 and 2 were lackluster.

I've mentioned this a few times on KMC: Justice League could be the most disappointing movie I've ever seen in my life. Grew up with Reeves. Grew up with Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney. Grew up watching the Timm/Dini DC animated universe, and they remain my favorite cartoons. Loved TDK trilogy, though some of it seems too melodramatic and gritty now in retrospect.

Justice League is perhaps the greatest cinematic failure I've seen. It performed the deathblow on the DCEU in my mind: generic plot and villain, ended Superman's 3-movie arc like trash, effects were horrid, the final color palette/correcting left me with a headache, even Danny Elfman utilizing Reeves' Superman theme and Keaton's Batman theme from the Burton Batman films - my favorite theme in the history of cinema - just gave me the only taste of what could have been. It was utter garbage that I had to split into two viewings.

TDW beats JL by ten Asgardian country miles.

steverules_2

Dr Will Hatch
The Dark World isn't terrible, it's simply uninspired. There are some good scenes in it.

Justice League is a dumpster fire of a movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.