Favorite Halloween/horror movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
What are your guilty pleasures?

Impediment
Halloween III: Season of the Witch is a guilty pleasure because it's so bad that it's awesome.

quanchi112
Is this from the series or just scary movies themed around the holiday? Who cares the loser has me on ignore.

Curse of Michael Myers part 6 is my favorite Halloween film.

Impediment
Originally posted by quanchi112
Curse of Michael Myers part 6 is my favorite Halloween film.

Really? I hated it because of the goofy Curse of Thorn bit.

Michael Myers needs no origin or reason.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Impediment
Really? I hated it because of the goofy Curse of Thorn bit.

Michael Myers needs no origin or reason. The curse of thorn was awesome. That Myers was the best. Halloween purists hated it so I kind of enjoy that. I grew up with Myers fans I was a Freddy guy.

riv6672

Impediment
I liked the "Origin" mini series of Wolverine's origin, but it was unnecessary.

Wolvie, like Myers, needed no origin.

It's like Joker. The mystery is part of the character.

rudester
Originally posted by Impediment
Halloween III: Season of the Witch is a guilty pleasure because it's so bad that it's awesome.

I agree

rudester
Dario Argento Suspiria.

BruceSkywalker
original halloween and its sequel

original friday the 13th and its sequel

liked the bulked of the freddy krueger films...

Originally posted by rudester
Dario Argento Suspiria.

will you see the remake

riv6672

ares834
28 Days Later.

John Murdoch
AMC's "Fearfest" was always a fun 30 days back when I was in high school, college, and eventually on terminal leave from the Army, because I was hanging out during the day/staying up late and could watch all the very entertaining horror franchise sequels. I specifically remember Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors, Hellraiser 2, and the Devil's Rain (Bill Shatner and Ernest Borgnine, what a fun schlock-fest of a movie). I caught the beginning of one of the Friday the 13th films, the one with Corey Feldman in the movie's opening.

Also, I enjoy the streaming services and how they do seasonal movies, specifically Netflix. Candyman 2: Farewell to the Flesh is one of the best, if not the best, straight horror-slasher sequel I've ever seen, and it was on Netflix's recommendation to my account.

John Murdoch
Also, I'll give my at the moment top ten horror films:
1. Cronenberg's remake of The Fly
2. John Carpenter's remake of The Thing
3. Bram Stoker's Dracula
4. Se7en
5. The Cabin in the Woods
6. Army of Darkness
7. Snyder's Dawn of the Dead
8. Jacob's Ladder
9. Saw
10. Scream

quanchi112
Nightmare 3 dream warriors is the best Freddy film outside my Freddy vs. Jason which I wanted since my childhood.

Khazra Reborn
Rosemary's Baby. Hereditary blew me away too, but it's so new, I need to see if it withstands the test of time

NemeBro
This isn't a horror thread, it's a Halloween thread, is it not?

So while some horror films, like the Halloween series, might count, I can't see how something like, say, Cabin in the Woods would.

steverules_2
Hellraiser 4

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro

So while some horror films, like the Halloween series, might count, I can't see how something like, say, Cabin in the Woods would. I wanted to ask but pussy riv has half the forum on ignore.

BackFire
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, obviously.

Also Romero zombie films.

Also around Halloween time I start watching spooky youtube videos about various urban legends and what not.

quanchi112
Sinister is a great recent horror film. House on Hill House the Netflix show is great as well.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BackFire
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, obviously.

Also Romero zombie films.

Also around Halloween time I start watching spooky youtube videos about various urban legends and what not. Saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre recently.

It sucked, like your mom.

playa1258
The Fly and The Thing.

riv6672
Originally posted by BackFire
Also around Halloween time I start watching spooky youtube videos about various urban legends and what not.
You know what grabbed me last year were some if those damn Skittles Halloween ads.
Fun stuff!

juggerman
Ernest Scared Stupid

Flyattractor
Lifeforce
Monster Squad
Salem's Lot 1 & 2.
Fright Night 1 & 2.
The Black Cauldron.

Some fun Guilty Pleasure Horror Stuff.

Kazenji
For guilty pleasure horror movies, As that's whats in the OP

for me it would be Ghosts of Mars.

carthage
Halloween
Rosemarys Baby
the Exorcist
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Witch
The Void
Dawn of the Dead (original)
The Omen
The Blair Witch Project

larrychristian

riv6672
Originally posted by juggerman
Ernest Scared Stupid
My favorite Ernest flick.

I love that he was the result of a curse to make every generation of his family dumber! laughing out loud

juggerman
thumb up

John Murdoch
Originally posted by NemeBro

So while some horror films, like the Halloween series, might count, I can't see how something like, say, Cabin in the Woods would.

I'll stick my original mentions then:
- Nightmare on Elm Street 3
- Hellraiser 2
- Devil's Rain
- Candyman 2

Hocus Pocus and Casper from my childhood as well.

riv6672
List what you like, man, its my thread/i want to hear what interests ppl.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by carthage

The Void

I'm a big fan of this movie too, the SFX reminded me a ton of Carpenter's The thing.

steverules_2

riv6672
^^^Didnt seem too complicated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.