DC Bricks vs Marvel Heavy Weights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
DC Bricks

Superman
Black Adam (pre)
Captain Marvel (pre)
Wonder Woman

vs

Silver Surfer
Quasar
Beta Ray Bill
Blue Marvel

Bfr is off. Who's taking this

Senor Cage
WW tips the scales.

tkitna
Surfer tips the scales

gauntlet o doom
No BFR tips the scales.

Horrificus
Quasar solos.

Senor Cage
Diana likely solos.

LordofBrooklyn
SUPERMAN SOLOS!!!

quanchi112
Team marvel prevails in a stomp.

cdtm
Team DC wins, with ease.

deathslash
The DC team wins. It's not going to be easy for them, but they take it at the end of the day.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
The DC team wins. It's not going to be easy for them, but they take it at the end of the day.

thumb up Agreed. It's going to be a hard fought stomp. A long, drawn out affair of some attoseconds.

Damborgson
Too many A-listers on team DC vs too many B-listers on team Marvel

Horrificus
Yeah. Except peak Quasar solos.
None of the would even b able to break the constructs if peak Quasar.
If Thanos, Hulk, Thor and Drax with Power Gem, at the same time, could not do it, none of the DC characters is going to do it by themselves.
And that is the lowest rung of his powers.
Now, if u r counting the Anihilus fiasco, where Quasar was used to show that the stupid bug was no longer a B lister, than I would agree with u.

Senor Cage
Current Quasar dies horribly. Nothing he can do to Witchmark Diana.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yeah. Except peak Quasar solos.
None of the would even b able to break the constructs if peak Quasar.
If Thanos, Hulk, Thor and Drax with Power Gem, at the same time, could not do it, none of the DC characters is going to do it by themselves.
And that is the lowest rung of his powers.
Now, if u r counting the Anihilus fiasco, where Quasar was used to show that the stupid bug was no longer a B lister, than I would agree with u.
Even in Quasar series, his shields have been broken too many times.

He is GL lite at best.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Even in Quasar series, his shields have been broken too many times.

He is GL lite at best. It's unfortunate that there have been so many blatantly different stages of ability in the Quasar character. But, that is just the way it is. This is similar to many other characters, so it is acceptable to differentiate between these stages when debating.
Quasar, at his most able and powerful, while only wielding the powers specific to THAT character, was horrendously powerful. As I stated, his shields were not being broken, by the heaviest of hitters. And much like classic Thor, Surfer or Dr. Strange, Quasar was making up new ways to use his power all the time, based on need.
He was able to handle mega bricks, highest-level energy manipulators and groups, with no trouble at all.
During this stage of the character he had managed to overcome the previous frailty of his light constructs.

cdtm
It's unfortunate that there have been so many blatantly different stages of ability in the Quasar character. But, that is just the way it is. This is similar to many other characters, so it is acceptable to differentiate between these stages when debating.
Quasar, at his most able and powerful, while only wielding the powers specific to THAT character, was horrendously powerful. As I stated, his shields were not being broken, by the heaviest of hitters. And much like classic Thor, Surfer or Dr. Strange, Quasar was making up new ways to use his power all the time, based on need.
He was able to handle mega bricks, highest-level energy manipulators and groups, with no trouble at all.
During this stage of the character he had managed to overcome the previous frailty of his light constructs.

Black Adam broke Spectre's body, he Psycho-crush's any constructs.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Black Adam broke Spectre's body, he Psycho-crush's any constructs.

You're one of our oldest members and you still debate like this.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
You're one of our oldest members and you still debate like this.

If the great Carver says this....

I must be doing something right. thumb up

MrMind
surfer and quasar need better teammate to contend with the dc team

Philosophía
You're one of our oldest members and you still debate like this. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/ung-drill-mirror-black__0129203_PE283223_S4.JPG

cdtm
Has to cast a reflection for that to work, Philo.

abhilegend
It's unfortunate that there have been so many blatantly different stages of ability in the Quasar character. But, that is just the way it is. This is similar to many other characters, so it is acceptable to differentiate between these stages when debating.
laughing out loud

Even at the end of the series (Starblast), he was getting his ass handed to him by Gladiator and had to be saved by Black Bolt.

One feat in Infinity War doesn't means a lot here.

cdtm
Especially considering most of these characters can solo the group from Quasars "feat". As we all know, Superman blitz's at attoseconds, and even Wonder Woman has handled Gods who can crush Thanos without trying (The overrated Thanos, who even Thor should be able to beat on feats. His skin isn't as tough as Celestial armor.)

Team DC is just too powerful.

quanchi112
You're one of our oldest members and you still debate like this. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

Yes, that statement belongs in your post instead of mine. thumb up

quanchi112
Yes, that statement belongs in your post instead of mine. thumb up Have you ever taken your skills to a Battlezone? Nah, you do not ever make a case or have confidence in yourself.

Horrificus
Especially considering most of these characters can solo the group from Quasars "feat". As we all know, Superman blitz's at attoseconds, and even Wonder Woman has handled Gods who can crush Thanos without trying (The overrated Thanos, who even Thor should be able to beat on feats. His skin isn't as tough as Celestial armor.)

Team DC is just too powerful. Ok. Well, I'm not going near the WW or Supes feats "thing" because I dont have a spare 6 months to research, complete a study and submit a white paper for each.
And, I agree on Thanos being overrated.
So, I will just sit over here and watch.

Putinbot1
Very close tbh. The Superman factor swings it.

cdtm
Ok. Well, I'm not going near the WW or Supes feats "thing" because I dont have a spare 6 months to research, complete a study and submit a white paper for each.
And, I agree on Thanos being overrated.
So, I will just sit over here and watch.

As appealing as debating a lunatic in an asylum sounds, I'm trying to hold onto some small scrap of sanity. Debating Carver, or someone almost as bad *wink* would put me over that edge..

Horrificus
As appealing as debating a lunatic in an asylum sounds, I'm trying to hold onto some small scrap of sanity. Debating Carver, or someone almost as bad *wink* would put me over that edge.. no problem. Maybe another time, when I'm really, really drunk. I will come back to this and share. laughing

cdtm
That was actually supposed to be aimed at Quanchi. smile

One Big Mob

Philosophía
Originally posted by One Big Mob
What if Carver was a vampire that fed of CHAOS though? I just remembered interview with a vampire, then I also remembered that quanchi has a creepy obsession with Brad Pitt.

Are they the vampric dynamic duo?

https://a.wattpad.com/cover/26730477-352-k150240.jpg

Who'd be the little girl/Kirsten Dunst, then, Sin?

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Damborgson
Too many A-listers on team DC vs too many B-listers on team Marvel

One Big Mob

Horrificus
That was actually supposed to be aimed at Quanchi. smile damn. I deflected your attack.

quanchi112
As appealing as debating a lunatic in an asylum sounds, I'm trying to hold onto some small scrap of sanity. Debating Carver, or someone almost as bad *wink* would put me over that edge.. So no real counter as you have no confidence in your skills. All bark no bite.

quanchi112

Senor Cage
Creepy for sure.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Creepy for sure.

https://media.giphy.com/media/cfOHUiDyRuWWI/giphy.gif

Senor Cage
Yikes!

quanchi112
https://media.giphy.com/media/kTmAr3j50roVa/giphy.gif

Senor Cage
VoWMTUfEg9Y

LordofBrooklyn
Carver does lust for Sin, but maybe LoB works better?

IF YOU WEREN'T AN EMASCIATED SHELL OF A MAN I WOULD BACKHAND YOU FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!

cdtm
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
IF YOU WEREN'T AN EMASCIATED SHELL OF A MAN I WOULD BACKHAND YOU FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!!

MUI LoB.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
IF YOU WEREN'T AN EMASCIATED SHELL OF A MAN I WOULD BACKHAND YOU FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!!! Literally all bark and no bite, you old burnt hot dog you.

LordofBrooklyn
Literally all bark and no bite, you old burnt hot dog you.

THE MERE BREEZE FROM MY FIST WOULD SNAP 3 OF YOUR VETERBRAE LIKE ROTTEN TWIGS!!!

One Big Mob
I would go to jail for animal abuse if I hit you once. I'd put your snout right through your skull and then panic because you stopped moving. I just hope there's not a crowd around if you ever come yapping at me in real life.

panthergod
Superman alone can solo this team at least 4/10 let alone with Adam and Diana.

panthergod
Literally all bark and no bite, you old burnt hot dog you.

Clarify that burnt comment.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by panthergod
Clarify that burnt comment. No

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Pillow Biter
Quasar is IMO Marvel's weak link here. The rest of the characters are typically on the same level: elite top tier. As such, they are all often close to 50/50 vs each other and none of them are often presented as being decisively more powerful than any of the others (Superman sometimes excepted, but I'll deal with him in a moment). Quasar at peak experience is not a huge weak link, but he has been decisively overpowered or been explicitly presented as inferior to a number of elite top tiers from time to time, even if not by a wide margin.

On the DC side, Superman is a big X Factor because he is much more likely to jump a half-step to even a full step above this elite top tier than any of the other characters. Sure, every hero can go all out and have peak performance moments. However, this dynamic is much more pronounced with Superman.

So in a straight fight, the DC team has a decent but substantial edge. However, should weakness exploitation and exotic uses of powers come into play (unlikely but it might happen), then things could get more interesting. Superman can be drained by Quasar and/or Surfer in theory. Super,man is also theoretically vulnerable to Bill's magic. On the other hand, Quasar also has issues with magic. That said, since we are using earlier versions of Shazam and Black Adam, they are less likely to use magic lightning than current versions.

Based on comic conventions, speed is unlikely to play a major role in this fight.

quanchi112
Superman alone can solo this team at least 4/10 let alone with Adam and Diana. Nahhhhhh.

Putinbot1
Superman alone can solo this team at least 4/10 let alone with Adam and Diana. Nope and I am a big Superman fan.

gauntlet o doom
Is this the classic Wendell Vaughn Quasar or the inexperienced Avril Kincaid Quasar? If it's the latter, the Marvel side loses.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Quasar is IMO Marvel's weak link here. The rest of the characters are typically on the same level: elite top tier. As such, they are all often close to 50/50 vs each other and none of them are often presented as being decisively more powerful than any of the others (Superman sometimes excepted, but I'll deal with him in a moment). Quasar at peak experience is not a huge weak link, but he has been decisively overpowered or been explicitly presented as inferior to a number of elite top tiers from time to time, even if not by a wide margin.

On the DC side, Superman is a big X Factor because he is much more likely to jump a half-step to even a full step above this elite top tier than any of the other characters. Sure, every hero can go all out and have peak performance moments. However, this dynamic is much more pronounced with Superman.

So in a straight fight, the DC team has a decent but substantial edge. However, should weakness exploitation and exotic uses of powers come into play (unlikely but it might happen), then things could get more interesting. Superman can be drained by Quasar and/or Surfer in theory. Super,man is also theoretically vulnerable to Bill's magic. On the other hand, Quasar also has issues with magic. That said, since we are using earlier versions of Shazam and Black Adam, they are less likely to use magic lightning than current versions.

Based on comic conventions, speed is unlikely to play a major role in this fight.
You will need to give examples of Peak Quasar being "decisively overpowered or been explicitly presented as inferior to a number of elite top tiers from time to time, even if not by a wide margin." .

For now... Horrificus Doubles Down, baby!!!
Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

panthergod
No

that's what I thought. smokin'

One Big Mob
I called him burnt because that is generally black, or blackened, and LoB is believed to be black, or an offshoot of black. I also used it as a double meaning because LoB seemed to be burnt out both via his brain, and his insults.

That was probably the least confusing part of my post tbh. I don't know why you had trouble with it tbh. erm

LoB is believed to be a dog dressed up as people because he's yappy like a little lapdog with nothing to show for it.

Hot Dog was interchangable with Dog even though it's not really dog meat unless you're in China, but even then it's a good mix of dog and cat, and you generally end up charring or "burning" hot dogs if you put them on the grill for too long. They get a blackened shell on them, and depending on the degree, they're still edible. You should try one of these "burnt hot dogs" one day if you haven't. Some people prefer them that way.

I don't.

cdtm
You will need to give examples of Peak Quasar being "decisively overpowered or been explicitly presented as inferior to a number of elite top tiers from time to time, even if not by a wide margin." .

For now... Horrificus Doubles Down, baby!!!
Wooooooo Hoooooooo!!!!!

Surfer flies at top speed through an asteroid field or some such, and Quasar comments having trouble (Something Hal did without computer help on day one.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.