Diablo Immortal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Diablo has been announced for mobile. Nuff said.

https://youtu.be/RtSmAwpVHsA

1.18 mil views as of this moment. 8.5k likes, 261k dislikes.

How I feel about it:

https://youtu.be/nF_Ca45JRFs

Thoughts?

Astner
Diablo died with Diablo III, this is just desecrating the remains of what once was a great series.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Astner
Diablo died with Diablo III, this is just desecrating the remains of what once was a great series. Diablo III wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good.

BackFire
This has been an absolute disaster for Blizzard. They announced it in probably the worst way they could - as the big announcement closing the opening ceremony to Blizzcon. It was really stupid of them, this should have been a throw away announcement in the middle of the opening ceremony, with the big one being the Warcraft III remake which looks really cool. They really shot themselves in the foot.

cdtm
Diablo III was garbage. I enjoyed Path of Exile more, and that's a freemium game.

BackFire
I think D3 is in a pretty good state right now. It's come a long way.

Kazenji
Diablo 3 was too dumbed down for newer people.. that and playing it on the harder difficulty was still too easy.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
This has been an absolute disaster for Blizzard. They announced it in probably the worst way they could - as the big announcement closing the opening ceremony to Blizzcon. It was really stupid of them, this should have been a throw away announcement in the middle of the opening ceremony, with the big one being the Warcraft III remake which looks really cool. They really shot themselves in the foot.

It kind of brings joy to my heart when fans freak out when a company honestly believes a mobile game would make them happy.

This reeks of somebody in Activision going, "hey, people have phones...and love Diablo...let's make one".

It's also sad that the two of the old guard of development firms have announced "mobile" like games and both were met with scorn. Valve was in the same boat when they announced that stupid card game when everybody wants a new Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal or something new.

Nibedicus

Kazenji
^ BS at it wasn't easy

i played it on Normal when i first started playing and the game was easy for me, Knocked up to Expert and it was still too easy and i too have been playing the series since the first game.

Nemesis X

It's even worse when someone among Blizzard's staff gave a very Don Mattrick reply saying "don't you have phones?" in response to all this.

Nemesis X
lUkPkOq4BdY

Nibedicus

Kazenji
Meh...just not that motivated to play Diablo 3, Rather go back and play Diablo 2 where it's bit of a challenge.

Nibedicus

Nemesis X
And now it's being reported comments & dislikes are being removed from the trailer on YouTube. What a surprise.

Also, Nibedicus, that image necessary? I think we get the idea, dude.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
And now it's being reported comments & dislikes are being removed from the trailer on YouTube. What a surprise.

Also, Nibedicus, that image necessary? I think we get the idea, dude. I thought it was pretty funny.

One Big Mob
Don't get it.

Probably rape though judging from the reaction from the pic and what Activision usually does.

Anyway, it's hilarious seeing the "journalists" acting like you have to slurp up and like anything a company does. Yes, the corporations are now correct, and the consumer should just like it because they put work into it. Funny how we get to pick and choose what corps are correct though...
Good to know the corruption has ran so deep that "journalists" are basically screaming that you can't trust them at all anymore.

cdtm
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Don't get it.

Probably rape though judging from the reaction from the pic and what Activision usually does.

Anyway, it's hilarious seeing the "journalists" acting like you have to slurp up and like anything a company does. Yes, the corporations are now correct, and the consumer should just like it because they put work into it. Funny how we get to pick and choose what corps are correct though...
Good to know the corruption has ran so deep that "journalists" are basically screaming that you can't trust them at all anymore.

I'll be honest, I NEVER understood the Blizzard hype.

Yeah, Diablo and Starcraft are fun. A lot of games are fun. Most of them aren't hyped to the moon.

Only series I ever played that really lived up to the legend was Super Mario Bros. 1-World. And even that hasn't been the same since.

Nibedicus

BackFire

Kazenji
Diablo 2 Producer Says Blizzard Doesn't Understand Gamers Anymore

https://screenrant.com/diablo-2-producer-blizzard-gamers/

Smasandian
Yeah, Nib is right, Diablo 3 was really tough on the top tier difficulties right at launch. They ended up nerfing it quite a bit pretty quickly if I remember correctly.

What's funny about the whole mobile game thing is I actually think that a mobile Diablo game could be a lot of fun if it didn't have pay to win elements and was just a normal buy to play game. I think a dumbed down Diablo game that you could play on the go on your phone, for a few minutes at a time, is a really cool idea, but the way they are going about this whole game is wrong. They're being too coy about payment methods as well, saying they don't know how they're going to monetize the game, which to me means they're going to make it a pile of shit p2w type freemium game.

I really just don't konw what they were thinking, they should have done with Bethesda did with their Elder Scrolls mobile announcement, have that lead into a teaser for TES6. Blizzard should have done that with D4.

Or what they did with Fallout Shelter.

Is there any confirmation D4 is in the works?

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
Or what they did with Fallout Shelter.

Is there any confirmation D4 is in the works?

More or less. There was a leak out today saying that Blizzard scrapped a planned D4 Blizzcon announcement at the last minute, and Blizzard has said that there are 'multiple Diablo projects' in the works. It's safe to say D4 is coming, no one seems to know what it will actually be, though, and there are a lot of rumors about it - from it being an MMO type game to a Dark Souls behind the shoulder third person type game.

Smasandian
Hmm, if the rumours are true then this Diablo mobile announcement makes a bit more sense. They had to show something.

You would think Blizzard would try to make a new Warcraft game. Or it's just me wanting another RTS.

BackFire
Well they are making a Warcraft III remake. Looks pretty good.

cdtm
Surprised there's not even a hint of a mobile WoW port.

Bleeding subscribers anyways, nothing to lose by giving it a go.

Kazenji
Hmm, if the rumours are true then this Diablo mobile announcement makes a bit more sense. They had to show something.

You would think Blizzard would try to make a new Warcraft game. Or it's just me wanting another RTS.

I too would like to see Warcraft back as a RTS rather then more content for WoW.

Smasandian
Originally posted by cdtm
Surprised there's not even a hint of a mobile WoW port.

Bleeding subscribers anyways, nothing to lose by giving it a go.

Not surprising considering the damn game is almost 14 years old. They should be given a medal for keeping people this engaged since the beginning.

Kazenji
Wanting a PC game to be a PC game is now anti-woman....wtf??

Nemesis X
As a consequence of that Diablo announcement, Activision lost some stock.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/11/06/diablo-immortal-blizzcon-backlash-leads-to-activision-stock-slide/#4134be6d1b88

cdtm
Not surprising considering the damn game is almost 14 years old. They should be given a medal for keeping people this engaged since the beginning.

Not disputing that. It's just a fact they've been on the wane for years now.

Their Nintendo days are done. Time to start compromising or die,
like Sega.

Smasandian
I'm confused.

What does Nintendo have to do with Blizzard and World of Warcraft?

BackFire
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wanting a PC game to be a PC game is now anti-woman....wtf??

Everything becomes political these days, even not being excited for what sounds to be a lazy cash grab mobile game. Just ignore those complaints.

Nemesis X
I'm confused.

What does Nintendo have to do with Blizzard and World of Warcraft?

I think he's confusing the Switch for a phone.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think he's confusing the Switch for a phone.

Har har.

I mean Blizzards Nintendo like dominance are done. They can't get away with refusing to change, or setting trends, or fixing prices anymore. They already compromised with rolling old expansions into the current for free.

PC is bleeding subscribers, mobile is where the money is. If the "fanbase" has a problem going mobile, I say who cares? They'd make more money going all in on mobile anyways, screw the neckbeards.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.