barrier to force lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Aside from lightsabers and force techniques that can negate it, is there any way to shield yourself from FL?

for example if someone intercepted the FL with a boulder as it was coming towards them, would that be sufficient to block the FL or would it shatter the boulder and keep coming? what if they were hiding behind a wall? could the FL blast through the wall as well?

CactusJoe
I believe that Bane shattered stone with his FL in the books.

One Big Mob
It's not intangible. The material just has to be strong enough to stop it like any other attack in Star Wars.

Where that durability lies depends on the user. Where a cinderblock might stop lightning from an Exar Kun level user, it'd take a battalion of cinderblocks to slow Dooku level lightning.

NewGuy01
It also depends on who is writing the scene, tbh.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev
Aside from lightsabers and force techniques that can negate it, is there any way to shield yourself from FL?

for example if someone intercepted the FL with a boulder as it was coming towards them, would that be sufficient to block the FL or would it shatter the boulder and keep coming? what if they were hiding behind a wall? could the FL blast through the wall as well? As mentioned, it depends on the specific user and the potency of his/her lightning. What might block the FL of some may not block the FL of others.

For example, Palpatine's FL easily went through the hull of a ship/freighter while it was actively flying, and fried its entire crew... But that isn't a feat I would expect some low-level conjuror to be able to duplicate.

TheNuisanceBird
Don't know what it'd take to stop Sidious's lightning. Also would the lightning travel/conduct through some materials like real world electricity?

I'm not saying a suit made of rubber would be enough I'm just wondering.

RealistRacism
A suit made of Malaks perhaps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.