POKEMON: Detective Pikachu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
No matter how hard you try to look, this is not a fake. It's happening and I love it.

1roy4o4tqQM

Yes, that is Deadpool voicing Pikachu.

riv6672
My two oldest sons (20 somethings) have already texted to tell me we WILL be going, come opening day...stick out tongue

Flyattractor
Do we get a Hot 3D CGI rendering of Jesse?

Tzeentch
This is it.

Im hanging myself.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Nemesis X
this is not a fake

Hard to believe it.

riv6672
Why? Its just a live action movie adaptation of a cartoon. confused

Ridley_Prime
Childhood got violated I guess, tho will still likely be better than the Monster Hunter movie.

ares834
Looks fun. I'm certainly looking forward to this more than Superhero Movie CXLV. thumb up

NemeBro
@ares thumb up

No matter how hard you try to look, this is not a fake. It's happening and I love it.

1roy4o4tqQM

Yes, that is Deadpool voicing Pikachu. This looks phucking amazing, Jesus Christ anyone hating on this is a total wet blanket. laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller

1roy4o4tqQM

Yes, that is Deadpool voicing Pikachu.

Unlike a lot of "comedy" movies nowadays, that trailer actually had me chuckling in quite a few parts. Looks like a lot of fun, and I was a big Pokemon nerd as a kid, so will more than likely check this out.

Tzeentch
Is there a greater condemnation of a film then Ares looking forward to it?

NemeBro
What other films has Ares looked forward to or liked?

Tzeentch
Nemebro's Mom: Anal Invasion Part XI

NemeBro
That one was pretty good, though I co-starred in it so I'm a little biased.

riv6672

playa1258
Looks really good honestly. This will be a big hit.

May 2019 is looking like the best May for films in a long time.

Flyattractor
Ryan PHUCKING Reynolds?

Really?

That is the best they could do to VOICE Pikachu?

And No Team Rocket.

Phuck this Movie.

steverules_2

Bentley

Quincy
This is going to make ****ing bank.

Bring on the fun

riv6672
LOL

tkitna
Showing my age I guess, but how anybody is psyched for this movie is beyond me.

steverules_2
I was interested to see what live action pokemon would look like, not much different to how they look in the show

riv6672
Originally posted by tkitna
Showing my age I guess, but how anybody is psyched for this movie is beyond me.
Showing your age in what way?

steverules_2
Guess he thinks only a younger generation would be interested in this

Flyattractor
Well it is based on a rather crappy video game....and will not have a Hot Jesse Character in it....so

INSTANT FAIL!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Why? Its just a live action movie adaptation of a cartoon. confused

It appeared out of f*cking nowhere, that is why.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It appeared out of f*cking nowhere, that is why.

Oh just admit that you are a Movie Hater and just haven't been paying attention.

StiltmanFTW
You're still not banned?

Flyattractor
Your still SHORT.....Tempered.

Lord Lucien
*You're

Flyattractor
Grammar Nazi. Or should I say. *You're* ?

KingD19

riv6672

Flyattractor

Lord Lucien
I was really hoping they'd get Danny Devito to voice him.

steverules_2

Lord Lucien
Ash can be played by Danny Devito!

steverules_2
He's the right height I guess

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I was really hoping they'd get Danny Devito to voice him.

Yeah. That was how the seemed to do it in the game.

tkitna
Showing your age in what way?

I guess i'm to old. I know nothing about Pokeman except for the cards my kids used to collect back in the day and I thought it was retarded back then. I would never have guessed that its still a thing.

riv6672

Flyattractor
I heard that this film might be rated R. Probably so Reynolds can use some Deadpool type language. I personally will hope for some Hot Naked Asian Babes.

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/yct2gz9b

Flyattractor
We still aint getting THIS in the movie so I say FPHUCK iT!

https://img00.deviantart.net/4631/i/2018/007/7/b/jessie_ix_by_megancoffey-dbz0hqa.jpg

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor
We still aint getting THIS in the movie so I say FPHUCK iT!

https://img00.deviantart.net/4631/i/2018/007/7/b/jessie_ix_by_megancoffey-dbz0hqa.jpg

Well my rocket is blasting off again

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

No Jessie, no fun.

Flyattractor
thumb up

No Jessie, no fun.

I wonder if Stilts realizes he just agree'ed ...WITH ME.. SO yeah.. Somewhere Stilts be all like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/M7CmqzPRa2RsQ/giphy.gif

steverules_2
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I wonder if Stilts realizes he just agree'ed ...WITH ME.. SO yeah.. Somewhere Stilts be all like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/M7CmqzPRa2RsQ/giphy.gif

Yuck, don't wanna imagine stilt in the shower burning his subscription of gay times weekly

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

We don't agree too often, true, but it's not the first time it happened, either.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yuck, don't wanna imagine stilt in the shower burning his subscription of gay times weekly

Oh You already did... BURNED INTO YOUR MINDS EYE IT IS NOW!!!!!!!

steverules_2
...****

Flyattractor
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Nemesis X
HYbbIyvtNyg

TheVaultDweller
I've liked both trailers so far. This movie is going to make a ton of money. Also:

V3_LgIDqOwo

ares834
Muh boi Mewtwo.

Anyway, I really love all the little details like Machamp directing traffic or the shrine to Arceus, Palkia, and Dialga.

-Pr-

BruceSkywalker
May or may not see this.. Will see if people recommend

steverules_2

ShadowFyre
I have never cared about pokemon but i kinda wanna see this

playa1258
This is hitting over a billion.

wakkawakkawakka
Well this movie came out and stuff...not sure if this breaks the video game movie adaptation curse but it is kind of fun aside from some rough acting in a few scenes.

playa1258
Movie is fun and the Pokemon designs really stood out.

-Pr-
I know very little about Pokemon bar my brother and sister watching it and collecting the cards, so I wasn't nearly as invested as they were going in to the movie. That said, the movie is a lot of fun. Reynolds carries large parts of it, but he does it so well that it never gets boring.

Ridley_Prime
I might've actually liked it even more than End Game (blasphemy around these parts, I know) just on the joy it brought me as a refreshing experience. The perfect brought to life designs just gave me a newfound love for Pikachu and pretty much everyone.

Slowpoke
The plot was decent, the villain was quite silly in live action movie.

But I like it because the pokemon are so cute, especially Psyduck, too bad there is no slowpoke.

riv6672
My two oldest sons (20 somethings) have already texted to tell me we WILL be going, come opening day...stick out tongue
Scheduling didn't permit opening day; we watched it today and it was pretty cool. Great FX, they didn't take away from the human actors.
Silly and sweet, and a bit salty!

Flyattractor
No Live Action Hottie Jessie.... WHAT IS WRONG THE THE POKEMON Franchise?!

Slowpoke
I want Cynthia to show up in live action.

StiltmanFTW
Quite underwhelming.

BruceSkywalker
its that bad stilt?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
its that bad stilt?

Yeah...

CGI is good (unlike with Sonic that is getting fixed as we speak), film is trying hard with plot twists, Ryan tells a dirty joke or two (even though he can't go all out for obvious reasons), but the end result is far from being amazing.

They should've hired some competent actors for the main roles, for f*ck's sake.

Ridley_Prime
shrug I got what I expected from a Pokemon movie/plot in this setting.

Fans love this. I wouldn't call it the best video game film like people are hyping it up to be, but it did easily become the highest grossing one, though that's mainly due to Pokemon's brand name alone.

StiltmanFTW
Pika pika.

Lasting less than 2 hours and still managing to be boring, bland and uneventful, somehow.

Would've been a total disaster, if not for Reynolds and Mewtwo.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah...

CGI is good (unlike with Sonic that is getting fixed as we speak), film is trying hard with plot twists, Ryan tells a dirty joke or two (even though he can't go all out for obvious reasons), but the end result is far from being amazing.

They should've hired some competent actors for the main roles, for f*ck's sake.

should I take a chance and see

StiltmanFTW
Your choice... but I'd consider seeing other films first, like Aladdin (haven't seen it yet). Nostalgia factor is probably more powerful in that one.

Adam Grimes
Aladdin looks awful

BruceSkywalker
thanks stilt

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Aladdin looks awful

That trailer failed to convince me, too.

But I still kinda regret I haven't picked it over Pikachu.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thanks stilt

No problem thumb up

Impediment
I took my 14 year old daughter to see this and she loved it. That's all that matters.

Personally, it was goofy to me, but that's not the point.

Flyattractor
Well You are WRONG Impy! It FAILED to meet Stilty's Demanded Expectations! That is ALL THAT MATTERS!

Oliver Brown
There's something admirable about a film that isn't afraid to have some fun with a property so established - and beloved - by its core audience.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Oliver Brown
There's something admirable about a film that isn't afraid to have some fun with a property so established - and beloved - by its core audience.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/09/721431290/pok-mon-detective-pikachu-go?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=movies&t=1559578846228

Are you Vincent?

Or just another bot?

jenzie
long time no post
otherwise i'm in the right place then .....

i thoroughly ENJOYED this, as i went to see it today, sure it's not whizz bang all the time, but it's story was clean and clear.

everything was NATURAL from the characters fitting into the whole pokemon world, the effects were very good and yep pokemon are SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE i dare anyone to hate on them!

overall it was great
and that's TWO movies i've went to see that were, this and HELLBOY
and i'm not embarrassed to say that stick out tongue

david196520
This is the audience reaction view for the Detective Pikachu movie, so spoilers ahead.

There would be more audience reaction but the LTE on my phone was iffy.

For the Detective Pikachu movie, a person laughed when the Jack character said that the Cubone pokemon reminds him of his mother. People laughed when Lieutenant Hide Yoshida made the comment about Snubbull. People laughed at when the main character said he is good at spending nights alone and at the interaction between him, Pikachu and the Mime pokemon. People laughed when Pikachu sung the main Pokemon song.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jenzie
long time no post
otherwise i'm in the right place then .....

i thoroughly ENJOYED this, as i went to see it today, sure it's not whizz bang all the time, but it's story was clean and clear.

everything was NATURAL from the characters fitting into the whole pokemon world, the effects were very good and yep pokemon are SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE i dare anyone to hate on them!

overall it was great
and that's TWO movies i've went to see that were, this and HELLBOY
and i'm not embarrassed to say that stick out tongue

You needed six years to visit this place again?

sad

Flyattractor
The Movie Did NOT Give us THIS in Live Action ...

https://img00.deviantart.net/32fd/i/2018/007/1/3/jessie_x_by_megancoffey-dbz0hqu.jpg

...so Not even worth watching on DVD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.