Is television overrated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
eek!

Dreampanther
No. Our setup is fairly comprehensive, so it's more like a home theater experience - in fact, I don't even bother to go to the movies anymore. And with the new format of limited series being released that you can watch at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home - I'm more inclined to think the cinema is overrated.

samhain
Overused perhaps. Probably not overrated though. The human race is definitely overdependent on it though, IMO.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I'm more inclined to think the cinema is overrated.

I tend to agree after my last experience at the cinema. The screen contrast was terrible for the mostly darkly lit film, the audio was actually way too loud distorting dialogue, and the guy next to me kept snorting his mucus every 5 seconds.

So yeah, I'm enjoying films at home in private more lately.

To be fair I have had good cinema experiences, too, but at home if it sucks at least you didn't spend $15+.

BruceSkywalker
i have no idea what a television is

Flyattractor
If it wasn't for certain circumstances I would have cut the cable a long time ago...so to speak.

Mindset
No

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
If it wasn't for certain circumstances I would have cut the cable a long time ago...so to speak.

Oh, if that's what you mean, yeah, I don't have cable. I had Sling for a little while, because it's pretty cheap and has most of the basic channels I want, but I can't stand commercials. I can't watch TV shows or movies with commercial interruptions every 2 minutes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.