Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
I have not seen a topic for this yet. Has anyone seen it yet? I admit I have not, but I am not hearing good things from the reviews.

steverules_2

Surtur
Disappointing, I really enjoyed the first movie.

Darth Thor
^ First movie was much better.

This one was very slow paced. But I like some what they are building to. Theres a lot of Star Wars parallels put in place, but not sure the hardcore HP fans will like that.

ares834
Heard about the film's twist. Sounds absolutely awful.

Patient_Leech
I tried to watch the first one and had almost zero interest. So I don't care at all about the new one.

quanchi112
Better than the first. Depp does an outstanding job as Grindelwald. Jude Law is also an excellent choice as a younger Dumbledore. One thing I hope they alter is the amount of films and trim it down. The problem this series has is its main character is nothing special. He is so weird and aloof only someone like fly could really understand. I do not hate the character I just do not care about him one way or the other.

J. K. Rowling needs to quit being so hands on you can tell a lot of the issues with this film is probably due to her being solely responsible for the screenplay.

steverules_2
Originally posted by ares834
Heard about the film's twist. Sounds absolutely awful.

Twist? What twist?

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Heard about the film's twist. Sounds absolutely awful. It is a solid entry and an improvement over the last one. I doubt the series will ever come close to Potter greatness but no one really expects it too. Harry Potter the series utterly decimates the Ot Star Wars trilogy on every conceivable level.

Better story, better characters, superior villain, better special effects, and far deeper on an emotional level since we literally see the kids grow up on screen.

Emperordmb
So overall, good action, thrilling, good acting (especially Johnny Depp), good characters, some interesting shit, but the plot is kinda jumbled up and confusing.

Part of me has been viscerally satisfied in a way I did not know I needed, by Johnny Depp hitting a magical future vision hookah as a wizard

Flyattractor
I heard that the thing it LACKED the Most was that for a movie called "Fantastic Beasts" it didn't have that many FANTASTIC BEASTS in it.

eh. this can wait for it to show up on TBS and I am bored enough to actually turn my TV on...and can't find anything else to not pay much attention to while doing something else..like washing the dishes.

Darth Thor
Young Dumbledore and Grindelwald were great. This film has actually got me more into the franchise.

That said I still feel this one was slow and the last one (which I just caught up on a few weeks ago) was more entertaining. So I dont think this will have the box office legs the last one had and is already off to a lower start. Hope that doesnt put the rest of the series in jeopardy as im more into this now than I ever was during the HP series.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Young Dumbledore and Grindelwald were great. This film has actually got me more into the franchise.

That said I still feel this one was slow and the last one (which I just caught up on a few weeks ago) was more entertaining. So I dont think this will have the box office legs the last one had and is already off to a lower start. Hope that doesnt put the rest of the series in jeopardy as im more into this now than I ever was during the HP series. So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board. This will do fine internationally and will turn a profit. Hopefully J K gets put in her place and improvements are made from here on out.

Better than the first one by far. Depp steals the show but still an inferior villain to the true dark lord.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board.

Lmao thats too funny coming from you.

HP series were fine. Im having way more fun with FB though.

Im not like you jumping aboard regardless of quality or enjoyment just because your corporate king bought the franchise. Or because I think its making more money Lmao (FB films are making a lot less).

quanchi112
Lmao thats too funny coming from you.

HP series were fine. Im having way more fun with FB though.

Im not like you jumping aboard regardless of quality or enjoyment just because your corporate king bought the franchise. Or because I think its making more money Lmao (FB films are making a lot less). Potter is leaps and bounds better but whatever. If you prefer this by all means.

Money has nothing to do with it. It is quality and I fell in love with Voldemort years back. He is the most selfish evil bastard on the silver screen. Rejected his humanity which is awesome. Far superior villain to Sidious or Vader.

Flyattractor
Anybody else smelling that Hypocrisy?

Bentley
So you are not a fan just trying to jump on board.

Says the guy who got into the newer Star Wars films and the Star Trek movies while bashing all the originals, then spends his time arguing that he's the most hardcore fan of both series.

Face it tiger, Darth Thor will never be that insecure.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Says the guy who got into the newer Star Wars films and the Star Trek movies while bashing all the originals, then spends his time arguing that he's the most hardcore fan of both series.

Face it tiger, Darth Thor will never be that insecure. I never once claimed to be a diehard then. I said I am a bigger fan of the newer stuff. Most trash Star Wars left and right and want it to fail. That is a salty, toxic fan. Most Star Trek fans despise the newer stuff. I love it by far over anyone here. I made Khan and Snoke kmc famous.

The dude gets bossed around from his wife. She will not even let him post on the weekends. You would have to search for a more spineless guy but there are a few here that could give him a run for his money.

I get it that you get triggered, Frenchman. What is silly is you get involved when your country is so historically pathetic. Just stfu and take it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Anybody else smelling that Hypocrisy? Now that you showed up sure.

Darth Thor

The dude gets bossed around from his wife. She will not even let him post on the weekends. You would have to search for a more spineless guy but there are a few here that could give him a run for his money.

Dude dont be jealous. No woman wants to spend her life with you. You need to sort out your personality for that.

quanchi112
Dude dont be jealous. No woman wants to spend her life with you. You need to sort out your personality for that. Ok I want you to sit down for this. I want you to remember this exact moment when this prediction comes true. Months or years down the line when you are so frustrated with your wife who know longer wants you or cares about your feelings and you realize she is just a roommate you care for. Bury your head in your hands. Feel every exquisite sensation of agony.

Think about all the empty promises she made you. Hopefully you have a joint bank account and she screws you over even more so. Then think about me smiling at your life unraveling and how you are screwed. Quan told you so you insufferable lemming. Enjoy.

Trocity
I heard that the thing it LACKED the Most was that for a movie called "Fantastic Beasts" it didn't have that many FANTASTIC BEASTS in it.

Yeah, it's cool that they are doing movies about the events prior to the original series, but they should have just made Fantastic Beasts a stand alone spin-off that focused on cool magical creatures from Harry Potter and had it just be that. Just a fun movie from the HP universe.

Then they could have a separate series of movies about the rise of Grindelwald. It just feels kind of out of place to me. The fantastic beasts are now an afterthought, and Newt doesn't really seem like he should be the main character in this series of events involving Grindelwald.

steverules_2
Dumbledore: The crimes of Grindelwald

Flyattractor
Biggest Crime of this movie is giving a woman / wife abuser like Depp a big paying role in a movie. Hollywood does love to support Horrible People.

Originally posted by Trocity
Yeah, it's cool that they are doing movies about the events prior to the original series, but they should have just made Fantastic Beasts a stand alone spin-off that focused on cool magical creatures from Harry Potter and had it just be that. Just a fun movie from the HP universe.

Then they could have a separate series of movies about the rise of Grindelwald. It just feels kind of out of place to me. The fantastic beasts are now an afterthought, and Newt doesn't really seem like he should be the main character in this series of events involving Grindelwald.

That would require creativity and imagination. Something Hollywood is in Very Short Supply of nowadays.

Putinbot1
I watched one Harry potter. I think it was called Harry potter and the crock of shit. Not a good film.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Putinbot1
I watched one Harry potter. I think it was called Harry potter and the crock of shit. Not a good film.

https://media.giphy.com/media/K8U1akM2M0FeU/giphy.gif

Darth Thor

Again for someone like me who wasnt big on the original HP series, Im glad these films are a little different as it has done what the HP series couldnt - getting me board.

quanchi112
Biggest Crime of this movie is giving a woman / wife abuser like Depp a big paying role in a movie. Hollywood does love to support Horrible People.

That would require creativity and imagination. Something Hollywood is in Very Short Supply of nowadays. Your opinion on who is horrible is irrelevant. Get out of your sensitivity and be a man. No one cares what makes you cry. Depp was outstanding in the film.

Flyattractor
Depp still beat his wife.

You are ok with Spousal Abuse as long as it is done by a Famous and Rich Hollywood Celebrity.

Yep...Thats our Quanchi!!!!!!!!!

quanchi112
Depp still beat his wife.

You are ok with Spousal Abuse as long as it is done by a Famous and Rich Hollywood Celebrity.

Yep...Thats our Quanchi!!!!!!!!! you do not know that but even if he did so ****ing what? What are you the morality police? I go to watch films to be entertained not to screen the actors backgrounds like some crybaby.

Keep crying about how unfair life is, *****.

Trocity
I admit, I stopped following that drama after a while. Did there ever end up being any evidence that he beat her? I seem to remember Depp's exes and women in his life coming forward and saying that they had never seen him abuse women before, whereas Amber Heard has actually been charged with domestic violence. I'm inclined to believe Depp from what I can remember of it all.

quanchi112
I admit, I stopped following that drama after a while. Did there ever end up being any evidence that he beat her? I seem to remember Depp's exes and women in his life coming forward and saying that they had never seen him abuse women before, whereas Amber Heard has actually been charged with domestic violence. I'm inclined to believe Depp from what I can remember of it all. I never kept up with it. I do not see movies based off the moralities of the actors involved. I think most of the actors are probably dicks in real life but I do not see the films for them. I do it for me.

quanchi112
Horrendous second weekend at the domestic box office. Oh Warner. Fb needs course correction.

Bentley
Ok I want you to sit down for this. I want you to remember this exact moment when this prediction comes true. Months or years down the line when you are so frustrated with your wife who know longer wants you or cares about your feelings and you realize she is just a roommate you care for. Bury your head in your hands. Feel every exquisite sensation of agony.

Think about all the empty promises she made you. Hopefully you have a joint bank account and she screws you over even more so. Then think about me smiling at your life unraveling and how you are screwed. Quan told you so you insufferable lemming. Enjoy.

Let's be realistic for a second, Darth Thor would be getting p*ssy from twenty years old on the side and keeping his wife on the side for kinky cosplay sex dirtier than we are allowed to talk in this forum.

quanchi112
Let's be realistic for a second, Darth Thor would be getting p*ssy from twenty years old on the side and keeping his wife on the side for kinky cosplay sex dirtier than we are allowed to talk in this forum. No, d. Thor is the cuck. His wife tells him what the **** to do. puts a collar around his neck and does whatever she feels like. She is off living her best life and he shows up here crying about Disney Star Wars. She is his Darth Sidious he is the Darth Vader.

quanchi112
https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/11/25/box-office-fantastic-beasts-2-is-a-domestic-disaster-but-an-overseas-smash/#7c44210a7fad

Overseas is the only thing keeping this thing afloat. Jk will be reined the **** in after this domestic nightmare. Might make less domestically in its entire run than deathly hallows part 2 opening weekend in 2011. D. Thor thinks this film is better than the original films too making him look even dumber than previously thought.

Darth Thor
Let's be realistic for a second, Darth Thor would be getting p*ssy from twenty years old on the side and keeping his wife on the side for kinky cosplay sex dirtier than we are allowed to talk in this forum.

Ooh, you have no idea how much you just hurt him.

D. Thor thinks this film is better than the original films too making him look even dumber than previously thought.

You really can't handle other people's opinion can you?

As Jack Sparrow would say "You need to get yourself a girl mate"

quanchi112
Ooh, you have no idea how much you just hurt him.

You really can't handle other people's opinion can you?

As Jack Sparrow would say "You need to get yourself a girl mate" I can but when you are so wrong I enjoy rubbing it the **** in. Women do not define me. I get it yours defines you. Weaker minds tend to need external solutions to help their internal problems. Do you call her master? Do you thank her for marrying your loser ass? You should thank her for defining you as a human being.

Ps. Only you would say Crimes of Grindelwald is better than any Deathly Hallows film. It is not even close and Crimes is good but the deathly hallows films are all time great.

Addendum:What he said is not true so of course it did not even faze me.

BruceSkywalker
Is this worth seeing?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Is this worth seeing? Definitely. I am a huge fan of the series though. It was better the second time around. Depp is fantastic and completely different than Voldemort. I prefer the true dark lord Voldemort but I appreciate the variety and fundamental differences with the second scariest dark wizard of all time.

Flyattractor
Horrendous second weekend at the domestic box office. Oh Warner. Fb needs course correction.

Let it Die! The Franchise is Over.

..where have we heard that before?

quanchi112
Let it Die! The Franchise is Over.

..where have we heard that before? It is not doing that badly to die like Gb numbers. Internationally it is being held afloat. I saw it twice to support it but have yet to see Gb3. No appeal to me.

Surtur
Kinda f*cked up Queenie mindf*cked Jacob. They really do view muggles as toys.

Surtur
Well I finished it. The movie wasn't as good as the first one, but not as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Darth Thor

Irony.

quanchi112
Irony. No, because I recognize to compete with the franchises when things need to change. Sky is not falling but it is not pretty or ideal. Jk needs reined it.

Darth Thor
No, because I recognize to compete with the franchises when things need to change. Sky is not falling but it is not pretty or ideal. Jk needs reined it.

And yet its still not even close to the drop off TLJ had. Yet you claim everything is perfect there Lmao

Youre all over the place as per usual.

quanchi112
And yet its still not even close to the drop off TLJ had. Yet you claim everything is perfect there Lmao

Youre all over the place as per usual. This might end up with the lowest buff office haul overall of the entire series. I would have to check the numbers but it will not even sniff a billion and you claim it is doing better when TLJ practically doubled it. You are an idiot. You are so damn stupid.

1.3 billion>612 million. Just stop. You are trump ridiculous.

TLJ made more than Rogue One, Solo, etc. Crimes will not sniff one billion. They wish they had the financial problems of TLJ.

Darth Thor
lol and 600mill > 390mill That Solo made. You stop you moron. Youre all over the place.

The principle is the same. Youre claiming this franchise needs revamping now due to the drop off, yet you claim everything is perfect with Star Wars which had a massively larger drop off.

You are so idiotic its just sad at this point.

quanchi112
lol and 600mill > 390mill That Solo made. You stop you moron. Youre all over the place.

The principle is the same. Youre claiming this franchise needs revamping now due to the drop off, yet you claim everything is perfect with Star Wars which had a massively larger drop off.

You are so idiotic its just sad at this point. Solo was a bad idea from the start. Ok let us get right now since you think it is worse for Star Wars that episode 9 will gross more than the next Fb.

You harp about the box office of TLJ but praise a film that it grossed more than double. You are just trumpian stupid. I never said perfect I said it is better there. Quit lying you Disney hating nincompoop.

TLJ>Crimes of. In all phases, boy.

Darth Thor
Keep making excuses for Solo. If the brand was strong enough and if they had a consistent vision (not reshooting the entire film), it would not have flopped.

FB2 doesnt have the hate TLJ has.

You are using double standards. Ive pointed out your hypocrisy. Stop whining and Take it like a man.

Surtur
Oh I definitely enjoyed this movie more than of the newer star wars films.

I think for some the movie didn't live up to the hype created when they saw the first FB film.

TLJ, on the other hand, was a pile of shit and Solo was a pile of shit too.

Fantastic Beast has a good movie and a decent movie.

This New Star Wars has bad and....bad.

quanchi112
Keep making excuses for Solo. If the brand was strong enough and if they had a consistent vision (not reshooting the entire film), it would not have flopped.

FB2 doesnt have the hate TLJ has.

You are using double standards. Ive pointed out your hypocrisy. Stop whining and Take it like a man. Solo was a bad idea. Brands help but the idea matters. Execution matters. Release date, marketing. I said from the beginning it was a terrible idea. I am right you are always three steps behind.

FB2 did not make even half the money.

laughing out loud

Businesses do not exist for good vibrations you idiot. I am correct you are not. Money matters you silly feelings based moron. TLJ cruised past a billion FB2 will not even smell one billion.

TLJ is not Solo either so quit shifting the goalposts. TLJ made twice the money and was critically more embraced as well. Looks like I win on all fronts.

laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Excuses excuses.

Keep crying butthurt boy. I called you out. Take it like a man and stop the saltiness.

quanchi112
Excuses excuses.

Keep crying butthurt boy. I called you out. Take it like a man and stop the saltiness. I gave you raw numbers, critics scores, and my own personal superior opinion.

You refused to accept any bet proving you are male. Until then you are known as F. Thor short for Femme Thor. May you one day find your balls lost in the cosmos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.