Broly(Dragonball Super) VERSUS Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Broly

https://staticr1.blastingcdn.com/media/photogallery/2016/11/30/660x290/b_620x273/broly-the-legenday-super-saiyajin-from-youtube_1009237.jpg

VERSUS

Thanos

https://groovyawesome.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/thanos-rising_02-avengers1.jpg

carver9
Lol... Broly punches are warping reality but he is going against Thanos. Hilarious!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... Broly punches are warping reality but he is going against Thanos. Hilarious!!!

Don't let Banner's recent exploits get you DESTROYED, GAMMITE!!!

NemeBro
Broly would beat Thanos down. Don't know if current Thanos is immune to death, but he will at least be broken by a single punch from Broly.

Unless current Thanos is wielding some cosmic power ala IG?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by NemeBro
Broly would beat Thanos down. Don't know if current Thanos is immune to death, but he will at least be broken by a single punch from Broly.

Unless current Thanos is wielding some cosmic power ala IG?

Current Thanos is well prepared for battle here.

Bentley
Does Thanos has his bs power up from the King Thanos abstract killing fanfic of a comic?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

LordofBrooklyn

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Don't let Banner's recent exploits get you DESTROYED, GAMMITE!!!

laughing out loud

MrMind
I like the poll result so far. There are more sensible people than I think around here

RadZoa
Thanos would simply wave his hand, sending Jiren, Broly, Whis and Beerus to the after life

victreebelvictr

Galan007
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Pick your Thanos and state what happens! Literally any Thanos, aside from one who is externally amped with ~infinite power, would be absolute fodder to Broly.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Broly is literally grabbing universe busters and throwing them around like rag dolls in one of his weaker states. Thanos stands no chance.

cdtm
Actually, Starlin's Thanos Quest Thanos was surviving reality warping on a high level:

https://i.redd.it/2ht2bnrfuru01.png

More important then this, Thanos has experience with high cosmic powers, and the abilities and intelligence to handle them. A brute like Broly could conceivably blow him away. If Thanos approached this like he did God Doom (Which was completely ooc for him).

Or, he could do as he did to Kosmos, and attack his mind/body simultaneously. Dragon Ball characters rely on their minds, to unlock their full potential. This makes them particularly vulnerable to a powerful, talented telepath, of which there are few in DBZ (Babi Di is up there, in terms of scale. He's no Charles Xavier or Moondragon.)

Alternatively, Thanos can bfr him away. Yeah, Broly could smash dimensions, but could he find the battlefield if sent at some random location in the universe?

So that's two ways he can viably win.

Should get him at least 2/10, imo. Broly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and speed wasn't really an issue against him. Not that he was slow, he wasn't, but Goku still managed to dodge into a throw or some such repeatedly, and Broly isn't a trained fighter. He just bulldozes his way through everyone, as he gets stronger by the minute. That's Thanos's chance, getting him early, but it also means he has to finish it fast, or if isn't happening.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ikari Broly alone wields an absurdly greater level of power than non-amped Thanos. He grabs Super Saiyan Gods long after they were wrecking the universe and stalemating universe-buster-nullifiers while trying to restrain their collateral damage, and throws them around with ease. Then, he proceeds to stalemate the form which is about a 50x boost to Super Saiyan God in the context of the anime. Thanos couldn't really hurt Broly directly in any way, and that's why I don't think he could take the majority here.

Galactus vs. Ikari Broly is a better fight.

cdtm
I don't think he can take a majority, either.

But look at the above scan. Thanos came back from that.

There was a time Death rejected him, making him arguably immortal. At the least, the scan should prove he could take a bit of punishment, and tap one of his esoteric abilities that aren't well known in Dragon Ball. Telepathy, magic and sorcery, transmutation (He transmutated a SKRULL, who are shapeshifter.)

No way is he winning a majority, I'm simply pointing out the Purple Prune has options besides direct attacks.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The thing is, DB characters tend to overcome haxx through sheer power and willpower. Even Golden Frieza from BEFORE the ToP was tanking an existence erasure attack from a God of Destruction, (that attack going far beyond the mere physical), and he's far weaker than Ikari Broly, who was stalemating SSJB Goku AFTER the ToP. And a HEAVILY suppressed Jiren was able to break out of a dimension of pure time, showing some 4d shenanigans there. Broly might just rage/willpower through most of Thanos' haxx.

cdtm
Does that count here, though? None of that happened in the manga, and the Broly movie seemed more based on that then the Super anime. I mean, even Galan said as much, I believe. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Can't forget SSJ1 Vegetto, who is an ant to Ikari Broly, completely negating and countering all of Boohan's magic haxx through sheer power, (Boohan being a guy who could collapse dimensions to crush Universe 7 by screaming).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cdtm
Does that count here, though? None of that happened in the manga, and the Broly movie seemed more based on that then the Super anime. I mean, even Galan said as much, I believe. smile

I think that's bogus. Only reason KK and Evolution weren't in the movie was they had limited screentime to work with, tbh. Anime is canon/evidence. smile

Face it, Broly is stronger than even Gods of Destructions, and Thanos would not be able to defeat them via haxx tbh. I mean c'mon, Immortal Zamasu literally merged with Trunks' timeline and started influencing other timelines, and he is weaker than suppressed Jiren according to Supreme Kai. You need cosmic beings to defeat these guys smile

RadZoa
Broly is no where near as strong as a God of Destruction lol and even so, Beerus is maybe Thor level at the very best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.