fearsome 5 vs classic avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
psimon
shimmer
mammoth
jinx
gizmo

vs

thor
ironman
cap
vision
cap marvel (carol)

can the avengers take down this highly underrated group?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Yeah, probably.

beatboks
WTF

Could have sworn I repliednto this before I left for work thos morning (almost 13 hrs ago).

Only ream problem I see for the Avengers is Psimon. The rest of the FF really arent doing much to them

leonidas
i dunno. i see shimmer being able to transmute....any of them if she gets the chance (ie ironman's armor, and probably vision too since she was able to tranmute a much more powerful shapeshifter in metamorpho). jinx's powers are pretty hax with the way she can alter probability and call up magic, and psimon is actually pretty uber. the 5 always lose, but i see them losing more often than not due to pis. their powers are pretty sweet as a collective.

otoh, if tony starts with a massive sonic attack, they could be in trouble...

shrug

beatboks
Originally posted by leonidas
i dunno. i see shimmer being able to transmute....any of them if she gets the chance (ie ironman's armor, and probably vision too since she was able to tranmute a much more powerful shapeshifter in metamorpho). jinx's powers are pretty hax with the way she can alter probability and call up magic, and psimon is actually pretty uber. the 5 always lose, but i see them losing more often than not due to pis. their powers are pretty sweet as a collective.

otoh, if tony starts with a massive sonic attack, they could be in trouble...

shrug

Shimmer from what I recall has to almost touch opponents to transmute. When dealimg with a team who have ranged attacks thats not going ro help much. Also while shes not as stupid as her brother she really isnt very smart.

That brings us to her brother Mammoth whose about the dumbest character in any comic book that ever been made.

Gizmo was about the lamest character I can ever recall

I don't really remember jinx having luck. she had magic But all you had to do is break her contact from the earth and was almost gone. A strong enough wind from Thor should take care of that.

Like I said Psimon is the only real danger to the Avengers as I see it. An FF line up with Dr Light and Psimon has a much better chance

leonidas
in the recent titans series jinx has been shown to be able to use her magic to affect probability, similar to classic wanda. her probability powers and shields could stop the ranged attacks. psimon is also capable to hiding the 5 from sight psionically, or casting an illusion with only vision maybe seeing through the illusion. that would buy time for shimmer to transmute any of them. she does have short range but doesn't need to touch. mammoth has been amped recently. he's low cl100--in colossus' league imo--and could act as enough of a distraction to let the others go to work. gizmo might actually prove a problem for the vision or even ironman given his tech and its ability to control machines. he's more a plot device guy so hard to determine exactly what he would bring to any individual battle but he does have some cool tech to use.

their weakness is durability overall, no doubt, but if they can get in a solid first salvo before the avengers really get going they could end this imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.