Let's talk about how bad DC is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

Surtur
I think he made a good Superman, but I'd still give DC a chance if they cast someone else...depending on who they cast. I'll still watch the new Wonder Woman movie too.

DC is still putting out some great animated films though. The latest Constantine one was excellent. Justice League Dark and The Death of Superman were also excellent. They need to take the people who write these movies and have them work on live action films.

BrolyBlack
There really is no hope for DC Cinematic Universe, they have no track record of making good choices in that area.

I heard DOS was good, but that's Animated. Most of their Animated films are decent, but those aren't comparable to Marvel MCU.

juggerman
Originally posted by Surtur
Justice League Dark ... excellent.

Ewwwwwww

Impediment
DC animated films >>>>>> DC live action films.

WolvesofBabylon
Aquaman is shaping up to be a hit. Wouldnt be surprised if it becomes higest growing DCEU film

Surtur
Originally posted by juggerman
Ewwwwwww

There was a poop monster god dammit!

juggerman

Too much Batman wank for me. Now this dude scares ghosts! roll eyes (sarcastic) Haven't seen the new one yet

Surtur
Originally posted by juggerman
Too much Batman wank for me. Now this dude scares ghosts! roll eyes (sarcastic) Haven't seen the new one yet

The new one is great, has a very Constantine-ish ending, and no Batman at all.

And yeah even the characters in the story were wanking Batman, but meh I still liked it.

Impediment
Batman wasn't needed in JL: Dark, but was necessary for uninitiated fans of Constantine.

Surtur
Plus Batmans parents died so...feel bad for him.

https://pics.me.me/tellme-do-youbleeded-no-but-your-parents-did-com-14034475.png

Darth Thor
I enjoy the CW stuff a lot tbh.

But the movies havent given us anything to be excited about.

Kind of laughable how we have 5 seasons of the Flash on Tv, but they cant get a Flash movie together.

quanchi112
Aquaman will turn it around. The quality of the film and new direction of the franchise gives me hope the war will continue for sadistic purposes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Impediment
DC animated films >>>>>> DC live action films.

Very true.

BrolyBlack
Aquaman the actor is just an over hyped brawny shitlord. Zero acting ability.

Regardless of how well it does the movie is garbage.

Again this is coming from a person who used to be the biggest DC fan.

playa1258
Aquaman will be good and hopefully Shazam will be too but im not blind that some people are done with DC films for good.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Aquaman will be good and hopefully Shazam will be too but im not blind that some people are done with DC films for good. Good to great films will always bring people back. No franchise is perfect. Aquaman is vital to the sustainability of the dceu and with Wan at the helm I believe it will succeed because I trust the skill of the man.

BrolyBlack
How exactly will Aquaman be good? What track record does DC have on this matter, their films suck.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
How exactly will Aquaman be good? What track record does DC have on this matter, their films suck. It is about the director. Wan is talented. Same reason WW was good.

playa1258
Its about director like Quan said not the brand. Their is also new leadership at DC that going forward won't make the same mistakes as before.

Futhermore WB is not as incompetent as Disney fans think they are.

quanchi112
Its about director like Quan said not the brand. Their is also new leadership at DC that going forward won't make the same mistakes as before.

Futhermore WB is not as incompetent as Disney fans think they are. They were but it seems as I said they have learned hence my bold prediction about Aquaman.

BrolyBlack

BruceSkywalker
both the cw shows and dc animated shitdumps all over the dceu....

not seeing Aquaman until January.. Shazam looks like shit

BrolyBlack
Lol Shazam looks so bad, no amount of good reviews could make me spend my money on Aquaman, he isnt that special to me and has never been someone I relate to.

The Spectre+
Lol Shazam looks so bad, no amount of good reviews could make me spend my money on Aquaman, he isnt that special to me and has never been someone I relate to.
you should have just said you hate dc, rather than 'lets talk about how bad they are'. bcos all youve done is rant (like a child whose brain has no ability to analyse and reason ) about u not watching their movies. so keep your feelings to yourself, and dont spoil the mood 4 those who want to see their movies.
obviously youre a dc hater, so keep your hating to yourself and dont be coy about it
NONSENSE!!!!!

BackFire
DC has had obvious issues, but early word of mouth is that Aquaman is very solid. I have high hopes for it, personally. James Wan is a talented director and as long as studio interference doesn't get in the way, should be capable of making a great superhero movie. I'm even hearing rumblings that WB executives are so impressed with Aquaman that they are trying to get Wan to head up the entire DC cinematic brand.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by The Spectre+
you should have just said you hate dc, rather than 'lets talk about how bad they are'. bcos all youve done is rant (like a child whose brain has no ability to analyse and reason ) about u not watching their movies. so keep your feelings to yourself, and dont spoil the mood 4 those who want to see their movies.
obviously youre a dc hater, so keep your hating to yourself and dont be coy about it
NONSENSE!!!!!

You dont know that much about me from your post. Everyone here knows I was probbably the biggest DC fan on here for 10 plus years I supported all their movies and mishaps, always had an excuse for them. And at least 30 years of my life reading DC comics.

Also Ill say whatever I want to and you cant do anything about itlaughing out loud

victreebelvictr
Dc>Marvel! big grin

But yes, the Marvel movies are better...

playa1258
Originally posted by BackFire
DC has had obvious issues, but early word of mouth is that Aquaman is very solid. I have high hopes for it, personally. James Wan is a talented director and as long as studio interference doesn't get in the way, should be capable of making a great superhero movie. I'm even hearing rumblings that WB executives are so impressed with Aquaman that they are trying to get Wan to head up the entire DC cinematic brand. Where did you hear they want Wan to head it all?

steverules_2

Ser...seriously?

Eon Blue

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Spectre+
NONSENSE!!!!!

thumb up

BackFire
Where did you hear they want Wan to head it all?

Just rumors, nothing more. But with how troubled the DCCU has been it wouldn't surprise me if they try to latch on to a director like him and try to persuade him to become more of a driving force overall.

Flyattractor

They ripped off that bit from Kevin Smith's Dogma?

HulkIsHulk
Salty Kal El fanboy detected

playa1258
Just rumors, nothing more. But with how troubled the DCCU has been it wouldn't surprise me if they try to latch on to a director like him and try to persuade him to become more of a driving force overall. That is good then. Hamada come over from the Conjuring franchise also. I hope the can replicate that success with DC.

Flyattractor
To bad they just took a pretty good writer off the Aquaman Comc and replaced him with a.....Not SO Good Writer...

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Salty Kal El fanboy detected

How is it detected, when I said that in the very first post? Its not like something you found out through detective work.

BackFire
lol, so in an interview today Amy Adams suggested that she doesn't really know what's going on with the DCCU, and that she "thinks" it's being revamped and that she won't be a part of it anymore.

Pretty funny that one of the major stars in the universe doesn't really seem to be aware of what's going on. Doesn't speak so highly of the powers that be.

https://news.avclub.com/amy-adams-thinks-shes-out-of-the-dc-universe-1830962228?rev=1544304708137&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=SF&utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing& amp;fbclid=IwAR08oX4dVUDx66Un31Ty2atSC1vAWaxfz7BBp
7vauop17xo5UDB2tgCyXdw

Darth Thor
Well I wouldnt expect her to be able to tell us whats going on.

But its pretty clear Cavill Superman plus related characters is no more.

On the plus side it means no more Jesse Lex.

BackFire
Gimme that Bryan Cranston Lex, now.

Flyattractor
No. Bad Boys like you only deserve Jessie Eisenburg Lex.

NemeBro
Gimme that Bryan Cranston Lex, now. One of my top choices to play him, along with Mark Strong. thumb up

Though I wonder if there are any solid younger candidates as well? I'm not opposed to Lex and Superman being the same age, like in Superman: Birthright.

Darth Thor
I believe Vincent Donofrio expressed interest:

https://screenrant.com/vincent-donofrio-lex-luthor-cast-dceu/amp/

Jump on him DC.

quanchi112
Lol Shazam looks so bad, no amount of good reviews could make me spend my money on Aquaman, he isnt that special to me and has never been someone I relate to. I agree Shazam looks like pure shit. Nothing about it looks even halfway decent. Maybe the budget is lower so they can justify this childish piece of shit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Dc>Marvel! big grin

But yes, the Marvel movies are better... You are off. Marvel has always been better and the movies have completely torched the dc brand. It is not even a competition at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.