Triple Frontier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Netflix film out in theaters this coming March

Fo3yRLLrXQA
Direct Link

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Robtard

Fo3yRLLrXQA
Direct Link

Looks interesting, and has a very solid cast line up. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

BruceSkywalker
doesn't look like something i'd watch unless it gets recommended

riv6672

Fo3yRLLrXQA
Direct Link
Looks good.

Patient_Leech
I saw a trailer for this recently and it looks pretty cool. I like the cast.

Is it actually on Netflix yet?

Robtard
Was an error, it's on Netflix.

Watched it. Was just okay.

Patient_Leech
Was an error, it's on Netflix.

Watched it. Was just okay.

I'd hate to greatly inconvenience you, sir. But a few more elaborated details could possibly be somewhat appreciated. smile

carthage
It was great actually
Had some great buildup, I was anxious to see how they made it out, and iand I never expected Batfleck to bite the dust in the mid act

Overall good film

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'd hate to greatly inconvenience you, sir. But a few more elaborated details could possibly be somewhat appreciated. smile

It was pretty formulaic. The characters where mostly one-dimensional. Action was pretty standard fair. Overall just an okay action flick.

Not something I'd pay for on its own, but since it's on Netflix and you're already paying for the service, check it out one lazy Sunday afternoon.

Patient_Leech
Fair enough.

Well the trailer made it look pretty entertaining and the cast is good, so I will hopefully check it out at some point.

Robtard
Does look much better in the trailer, no doubt. Why I watched it.

Lestov16
The trailer sold it as an action-packed heist film about commandos going against a drug lord, but it turned out to be more of a quiet drama reflecting about the horrors of war. I enjoyed it, but was not exhilarated by it.

Robtard
Porter would have destroyed all these guys, Lest

BruceSkywalker
will watch sometime prior to next weekend

Esau Cairn
Funny...there's another movie on Netflix called Triple 9 starring Casey Affleck.

If you read the plot description, it's literally the same.
Triple Frontier is about ex-mercs & Triple 9 is about corrupt cops both with similar story lines.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Funny...there's another movie on Netflix called Triple 9 starring Casey Affleck.

Triple Frontier is about ex-mercs & Triple 9 is about corrupt cops both with similar story lines. triple 9 is not that bad a movie tbh

Esau Cairn
It's on My List to watch.

Mindset
Not worth watching.Originally posted by Insane Titan
triple 9 is not that bad a movie tbh It's an all around better movie than Triple Frontier.

Lestov16
Porter would have destroyed all these guys, Lest

Are we talking Strike Back Porter, or Payback Porter?

Robtard
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/25/30/3b/25303b0f64273717d0553295d4ee0f2e--tom-hiddleston-richard-armitage.jpg

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Triple Frontier is about ex-mercs & Triple 9 is about corrupt cops both with similar story lines.

Triple 9 had great potential and a tremendous cast. Unfortunately never lived up to it. Came out a few months after Sicario and I hoped for something of equal quality. It wasn't. End of Watch was better.

Patient_Leech
It was pretty formulaic. The characters where mostly one-dimensional. Action was pretty standard fair. Overall just an okay action flick.

Not something I'd pay for on its own, but since it's on Netflix and you're already paying for the service, check it out one lazy Sunday afternoon.

I watched this last night and thought it was really good actually. A little too good in a sense, because it was so anxiety-producing.. heh. It was too much for my wife to handle.. she started playing with her phone after the first act.. haha

I mean, I think by the end the character were somewhat changed. You're too harsh, 'tard. The movie is good. Not necessarily something I'd want to watch again, but it was really good.

The song "Money" by Pink Floyd comes to mind... smokin'

Oliver Brown
Triple Frontier features impeccable photography, strong acting, and well-staged action scenes that ooze tension.

Patient_Leech
^ Agree.. I thought this was a surprisingly good film.

Oliver Brown
There are some zippy chase scenes and shootouts, and tension throughout. But the characters - especially the lethargic Affleck - make for more of a C-Team than an A-Team.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.