Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack

TheVaultDweller
I would be down for a Superman series. I like the CW version and think they've done a good job with his character. Plus, we can skip the whole origin bit and get to the good parts, as people are already very much familiar with who Superman is at this point (even the wider audience know his origins well by now), and this version has been around for a while.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
*DC TV

TheVaultDweller
The DC animated movies are also pretty good for the most part. Even the lower quality ones are still generally an entertaining enough way to kill 90 minutes or so. I would say that very few of those are genuinely bad.

I'm also hoping Titans season 1 ends on a strong note. I found that one to be a pleasant surprise after the trailers initially left me somewhat skeptical.

samhain
The animated movies are really good. Differing styles of animation and the ability to change voice actors for the same characters on a movie by movie basis is something they can't do with the Arrowverse.

TheVaultDweller
Related to this topic, I phucking died listening to John Campea's Elseworlds review. It's been a long time since I have seen someone that triggered over something that isn't even real lol. He was not a fan of how they tend to make Superman job to make Supergirl look better, to put it mildly.

Darth Thor
Yeah ive seen that, and massive overreaction.

Spoilers for Elseworlds below:

Against Amazo it was Superman they sent for the initial kill blow. Then when he was actually defeated Superman and Supergirl played equal parts in holding him.

The Black suited Superman only began beating the real Superman by putting civilians at risk.

And neither was Supergirl shown to be > Black suited Superman as their eye beam blasts seemed equal.

Talk about the character portrayal or how good the story was, not about a little bit of jobbing to Supergirl on Supergirls own show.

Also they seemed to big up Batman quite a bit with Oliver being intimidated by the idea that he might actually be real. And that was in the Arrow episode.

TheVaultDweller
I thought it was pretty funny, to be honest (though I doubt that was his intent with the vid). I was just waiting for a blood vessel to pop in his forehead. I never knew someone could get so upset over the line "the world doesn't need Superman".

Darth Thor
I can understand being annoyed at the time Supergirl beat Superman. But Elseworlds didnt put him down at all IMO.

Though its clear SM and SG are peers, despite who might have the edge. But thats clearly not good enough for him.

Ridley_Prime
Could tell how he felt just by the video title, and I don't blame him to a point, but yeah, I don't think Superman's had it that bad in the CWverse so far. One can still interpret his speech to Kara in the Supergirl S2 finale (saying she's better than him and such) as him just trying to make her feel better about herself after the whole ordeal, but regardless of whose really slightly stronger /has the edge here, the writers clearly respect both characters.

Now please validate the optimism for Tyler's Superman and give him a show already.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
One can still interpret his speech to Kara in the Supergirl S2 finale (saying she's better than him and such) as him just trying to make her feel better about herself after the whole ordeal,

Remember when Odin tells Thor in Ragnarok that Thor is the stronger of the two? Dont remember anyone taking that so damn literally. (Quan doesnt count).

SMs reasoning was simple, that he feels safe leaving Earth whilst there is another Kryptonian he trusts to protect his home planet.

-Pr-
Superman is as humble as they come, but his dialogue in Supergirl was overkill imo. There was no nuance to it at all.

Even with that said though, I'm not sure Superman would really work as a CW type show. Supergirl's show absolutely gutted Superman's supporting cast, and I'm not just talking about villains either.

I'm not saying it can't be done; just that I'm not sure it could be done well.

cdtm
I don't think they were aiming for naunce. smile

He was a hamfisted response to Man of Steel, and they piled on the schlocky dialogue.

I personally liked it. But it's definitely not something you want from a main character.

If they were smart, they'd try and hammer out a Batman/Batgirl show, as a sequel to Gotham. Then you can have a reason for Superman to make more cameo's then just Supergirl.

-Pr-
None of what you said, even if true, makes me want to see their version of Superman any more than I have already. I mean, sure, it would be nice to see Superman not written by those people, but it's still the CW.

Batman... I mean, Oliver Queen is basically a less-charming Bruce Wayne at this point, but then, again, I doubt the CW cares about being redundant.

cdtm
Whatever happened to the Krypton show? That seemed decent.

And on that note, if there's a duplicate character in every universe, that implies Superman never got to Earth in some of them. A lot of potential for alternate stories, like one where Krypton survives.

Darth Thor
Krypton is due for a second season. So its still around as far as im aware.

I believe Lobo is coming to Krypton.

Surtur

Ridley_Prime
-OUSrZVxIrw

Like the message of hope the trailer had there. smile After Stargirl I can give this the benefit of a doubt.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
-OUSrZVxIrw

Like the message of hope the trailer had there. smile After Stargirl I can give this the benefit of a doubt.

All the downvotes came from Zack Snyder sock accounts. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.