IDW's new Transformers March 2019

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz
Details for this is here.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/18/transformers-comic-series-from-idw-debuts-march-2019-379097

Yey or nay confused ?

cdtm
Goddamnit.

.....I mean, I'm sure it'll be very good. Just gotta give it sonovabitch a chance.

cdtm
Seriously, this looks terrible.

More Than Meets the Eye and Lost Light will go down in history as the greatest Transformsrs ip ever made. There is simply no touching that.

Kazenji
Sure...yeah the first cover looks a bit average

is even a preview for it online?

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sure...yeah the first cover looks a bit average

is even a preview for it online?

Not that I've seen.

Honestly, even with nothing at all, I'm not expecting too much. The fact is, Transformers stuff is mostly long spans of average to not so good. Every once in awhile you get something good, and we already got that with James Roberts and John Barber. A hilarious Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Megatron team up on one end, and Starscream actually having a character arc, and his friendship with Windblade and Bumblebee's "ghost", were gold standard moments.

But it's done. Time to move on, which "probably" means either something new that won't quite work, or another retread.

cdtm
Finished up The Fate of Cybertron.

And that's it for IDW holding the license. It was disappointing.

Felt like a long, slow build to something more. Too much exposition, not particularly interesting action sequences, and was overall a boring run. The old High Noon games told the exact same story, but did it a lot better.

If you want a decent Transformers story, go read Last Bot Standing. Best Transformers story of 2022, and I prefer it to The Last Ronin TMNT DKR story.

KeithPsymn
??????? ????????? ??????????? 7m 888 Livescore

??????! ???????????????????? "??????" 5 ?? ?????? 1 ?????.

Old Man Whirly!
smile

cdtm
Originally posted by cdtm
Not that I've seen.

Honestly, even with nothing at all, I'm not expecting too much. The fact is, Transformers stuff is mostly long spans of average to not so good. Every once in awhile you get something good, and we already got that with James Roberts and John Barber. A hilarious Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Megatron team up on one end, and Starscream actually having a character arc, and his friendship with Windblade and Bumblebee's "ghost", were gold standard moments.

But it's done. Time to move on, which "probably" means either something new that won't quite work, or another retread.

I was wrong. I was SO WRONG!

The first five issues of Skybound entertainments Transformers have been SPECTACULAR!

It's in the hands of Daniel Warren Johnson, who made the sublime Murder Falcon and Extremity. And also Wonder Woman Dead Earth.

Words can't describe how good it is, but I'm getting a serious Walking Dead vibe, which makes sense as Daniel is working for Kirkman now. Starscream is a f'n menace in this one, he out and out murders Jetfire and Bumblebee, attacks a hospital, and plays baseball with military jets (With Duke being a survivor, launching into his own Duke series)

Things are looking up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.