Apollo & Midnighter vs. Aquaman & Mera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Sin I AM
Mera could solo

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Mera could solo

LIES!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
LIES!

That's cuz u dont read comics

MrMind
Mera could solo

Apollo spanks her

DarkSaint85
Mera could solo

This.

MrMind
apollo is too fast too strong too durable
he has range aoe attacks that can melt team two's faces off.
a guy that can destory a spaceship that is the size of a continent.
strong enough to pick up hundred of thousands tons
or flying through multiple parts of the world in seconds.
Also going toe to toe with captain atom

midnighter gonna hold his own against aquaman too

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by MrMind
apollo is too fast too strong too durable
he has range aoe attacks that can melt team two's faces off.
a guy that can destory a spaceship that is the size of a continent.
strong enough to pick up hundred of thousands tons
or flying through multiple parts of the world in seconds.
Also going toe to toe with captain atom

midnighter gonna hold his own against aquaman too

Yeah..Not a great way to go.

Mera vs JL:
https://i.postimg.cc/sGjWvr2n/mera-vs-the-justice-league-3.png

https://i.postimg.cc/r0CWVmq0/mera-vs-the-justice-league-4.png

MrMind
knew this gonna get post up, that was like the only time

zopzop
Mera could solo Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Mera vs JL:

Iirc she also beat OM. She's pretty decent not to say that Apollo isnt but he will have his hands full with AM. Mids is a non factor

StiltmanFTW
Iirc she also beat OM.

"Iirc"?

We don't suffer from alcohol-induced dementia (do we? can't tell sometimes), it was fairly recent.

Yeah, it happened.

LordofBrooklyn
That's cuz u dont read comics

Don't let that Christmas party booze get you destroyed!

XLR87T3

Mera vs JL:

https://i.postimg.cc/r0CWVmq0/mera-vs-the-justice-league-4.png That's scaling. What are Mera's objective speed feats and durability feats without scaling from fights?

XLR87T3
Apollo spanks her He wouldn't be caught dead with his hand anywhere near a woman's ass

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
"Iirc"?

We don't suffer from alcohol-induced dementia (do we? can't tell sometimes), it was fairly recent.

Yeah, it happened.

Couldnt remember the specifics. I know their previous fight she was weakened and held the advantage. Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Don't let that Christmas party booze get you destroyed!

Stfu lob

MrMind
Apollo took blasts from reality warper (Jenny quantum's twin), flying through lava like it's water. fly halfway across the world in 30 seconds, way too fast for either of team 2.

all he needs to do is aoe attacks and heat vision from a distance. team 2 has no way of closing the distance. mera could fill the battlefield with tidal wave and it's not gonna do much when apollo is in the sky. What is Arthur gonna do? jump really high and throw the spear at him?

LordofBrooklyn
Stfu lob

CARE TO BATTLEZONE, WENCH?!!!

Damborgson
Sin would wreck you !!!!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Damborgson
Sin would wreck you !!!!

HAMMERLICKER LIES!!!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by XLR87T3
That's scaling. What are Mera's objective speed feats and durability feats without scaling from fights?

Lol your inability to understand basic sentences continues to amuse me.

DarkSaint85
knew this gonna get post up, that was like the only time

But she has so few appearances. Its like complaining that the only time Doomsday has appeared, he's 'only' crushed the Justice League, lol.

carver9

Mera vs JL:

The JLA was dumbed down to fight her. This is like the Wonder Woman and Batman fight

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9
The JLA was dumbed down to fight her. This is like the Wonder Woman and Batman fight
How do you know this?

MrMind
But she has so few appearances. Its like complaining that the only time Doomsday has appeared, he's 'only' crushed the Justice League, lol.

I don't think we are limiting the feats post flashpoint since op didn't specify the version. at least I'm using wildstorm version of team 1. also apollo and midnighter have even less appearances.

This was Mera's best feat in the last decade. the league was trying to calm her down. They were not fighting the best of their abilities. the league jobs so much beating them is really not big of a deal. They can one minute deal with skyfather level beings the next min lose to deathstroke or batman. but in a forum fight at least 4 of the league members can solo team 2. Apollo's powerset means if he fight smart he will take little to no damage from team 2. long range energy projection pair with superspeed, plus midnighter's strategize from battle computer is not something they can overcome with.

DarkSaint85
I don't think we are limiting the feats post flashpoint since op didn't specify the version. at least I'm using wildstorm version of team 1. also apollo and midnighter have even less appearances.

This was Mera's best feat in the last decade. the league was trying to calm her down. They were not fighting the best of their abilities. the league jobs so much beating them is really not big of a deal. They can one minute deal with skyfather level beings the next min lose to deathstroke or batman. but in a forum fight at least 4 of the league members can solo team 2. Apollo's powerset means if he fight smart he will take little to no damage from team 2. long range energy projection pair with superspeed, plus midnighter's strategize from battle computer is not something they can overcome with.

If no version is specified, we use the current versions, basic forum rule.

Deathstroke and Batman are seen to be PIS and jobbing, because they have showings of their own where 90% of the time, these two struggle with random mooks.

But Mera doesn't have these lower showings.

It's like if I created a character called.....Mogol Maar. And had him defeat Superman in his few appearances.

Did Superman job to Mogol?

This is why I said when a character has few appearances (like Mera), fights count more. When they become established, then feats count for more.

Mera is still in that stage where her fights establish her. She's not WW, who's been around since the 40s in popular culture.

MrMind
If no version is specified, we use the current versions, basic forum rule.

Deathstroke and Batman are seen to be PIS and jobbing, because they have showings of their own where 90% of the time, these two struggle with random mooks.

But Mera doesn't have these lower showings.

It's like if I created a character called.....Mogol Maar. And had him defeat Superman in his few appearances.

Did Superman job to Mogol?

This is why I said when a character has few appearances (like Mera), fights count more. When they become established, then feats count for more.

Mera is still in that stage where her fights establish her. She's not WW, who's been around since the 40s in popular culture.

current version of apollo and midnighter is nowhere to be found, nobody gives two shit about new52 wildstorm characters their stories suck balls. so good luck debating these characters only zack care about

You saying Mera like she's a new character when she been around for decades appearing in aquaman comics

first time I read about her was in blackest night

still haven't heard any strategies of mera on taking apollo down. but keep bringin up that JL feat though.

DarkSaint85
Wait n52 Midnighter has tons of feats and showings. Has his own solo issue, guest starred in Bat books etc. He's been around since 2011.

Even in Rebirth, there was a Midnighter and Apollo series.

And she IS a new character. N52 Mera doesn't get pre Flashpoint Mera feats.

MrMind
Wait n52 Midnighter has tons of feats and showings. Has his own solo issue, guest starred in Bat books etc. He's been around since 2011.

Even in Rebirth, there was a Midnighter and Apollo series.

And she IS a new character. N52 Mera doesn't get pre Flashpoint Mera feats.

I wouldn't call that tons of feats also they are def less powerful than their wildstorm counterpart from what I've seen them on stormwatch
on the other hand mera has an upgrade compare to her previous era
not gonna debate the post flashpoint version of the midnighter and apollo since I have read little of their stories

as long as we agreed pre flashpoint version of team 1 beat team 2 we are good

DarkSaint85
I wouldn't call that tons of feats also they are def less powerful than their wildstorm counterpart from what I've seen them on stormwatch
on the other hand mera has an upgrade compare to her previous era
not gonna debate the post flashpoint version of the midnighter and apollo since I have read little of their stories

as long as we agreed pre flashpoint version of team 1 beat team 2 we are good

What I meant was, he's had quite a lot of appearances. Plenty of time to collect feats (and he has).

Still not seeing a defense against almost instantaneously dehydrating them.....

MrMind
What I meant was, he's had quite a lot of appearances. Plenty of time to collect feats (and he has).

Still not seeing a defense against almost instantaneously dehydrating them.....

wouldn't know most of these feats myself, but from what i've seen midnighter went from someone who kick tank shell and take on herald level beings to be barely above batman.

hydrokinesis not gonna work on apollo since his body is sustained by solar energy, he doesn't need water to live. midnighter able to door his way out if he sense/precog attack coming his way

Sin I AM
wouldn't know most of these feats myself, but from what i've seen midnighter went from someone who kick tank shell and take on herald level beings to be barely above batman.

hydrokinesis not gonna work on apollo since his body is sustained by solar energy, he doesn't need water to live. midnighter able to door his way out if he sense/precog attack coming his way

Sooo you dont know anything about the characters being debated yet presume to say who wins?

MrMind
Sooo you dont know anything about the characters being debated yet presume to say who wins?

lol knew this was coming
are you dense or something, I was talking about pre flashpoint team 1, try to keep up. NOW do YOU know anything about wildstorm? guess not

DarkSaint85
lol knew this was coming
are you dense or something, I was talking about pre flashpoint team 1, try to keep up. NOW do YOU know anything about wildstorm? guess not

Then you should use pre Flashpoint team 2.

Hand of the Waterbearer. That would rip Bendix's little toys right out.

leonidas
i'm not sure draining water from apollo would work either tbh. not sure what his body needs to survive. does he eat and drink like a normal human? if he does it could work but who knows how quickly it would affect him. if he blitzes not sure she'd be trying to dehydrate him anyway, and if she did the blitz would likely still kill her before her attack killed him.... or midnighter could port behind and just stab her or shoot her through the head i guess. ds is def wanking her, but she is pretty hard to counter. these guys could do so though i think.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure draining water from apollo would work either tbh. not sure what his body needs to survive. does he eat and drink like a normal human? Jizz

celeyhyga17
https://media.giphy.com/media/EsuAnPHmEej4I/giphy.gif

Vanguard
Won't see Aquaman until Saturday, so I'll comment then. Get a good idea on where they stand.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Vanguard
Won't see Aquaman until Saturday, so I'll comment then. Get a good idea on where they stand. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.