Favourite LOTR/Hobbit film??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

relentless1
Fellowship of the Ring

Two Towers

Return of the King

Unexpected Journey

Desolation of Smaug

Battle of the Five Armies

which is your favourite and why?

juggernaut74
I like them all, I don't know if I could pick a winner.

quanchi112
Fotr.

Impediment
I enjoyed the Fellowship of the Ring (extended) the most. A very well made and fun film.

I've only seen the first Hobbit film and hated it immensely. I refuse to watch the other two Hobbit films.

Surtur
I enjoyed the Two Towers more than any other.

The Hobbit movies get hated on, but I enjoyed them. Plus they actually made Sauron a badass and showed us why everyone was so afraid of him.

One of the most epic parts out of all 6 movies, for me, is when Sauron confronts Gandalf and defeats him.

ssYpJn5YGJc

John Murdoch
The Hobbit had some spectacular moments, but ultimately was a poor imitator of the OG LOTR trilogy. Why in the world Jackson focused on made up characters like Alfrid and then making Thorin an Aragorn knock-off...I digress. Yes, the Sauron vs. Gandalf showdown was the high point, and I also enjoyed Smaug and Bilbo's confrontation.

But the true champs are the LOTR movies, and it's between Fellowship and Return of the King for me. ROTK if I'm forced to choose one.

Surtur
Originally posted by John Murdoch
The Hobbit had some spectacular moments, but ultimately was a poor imitator of the OG LOTR trilogy. Why in the world Jackson focused on made up characters like Alfrid and then making Thorin an Aragorn knock-off...I digress. Yes, the Sauron vs. Gandalf showdown was the high point, and I also enjoyed Smaug and Bilbo's confrontation.

But the true champs are the LOTR movies, and it's between Fellowship and Return of the King for me. ROTK if I'm forced to choose one.

Yeah, The Hobbit probably should have been 2 movies instead of 3.

riv6672

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, The Hobbit probably should have been 2 movies instead of 3. No. three was fine.

BruceSkywalker
liked all...

most likely will watch the Netflix show as well

relentless1
that moment where Gandalf shows up at the 11th hour with the riders of Rohan at the Battle of Helms Deep is by far the best in the series, I still get goosebumps when the horn of Helms Deep sounds... one....last.....time

steverules_2
TT

Surtur
Originally posted by relentless1
that moment where Gandalf shows up at the 11th hour with the riders of Rohan at the Battle of Helms Deep is by far the best in the series, I still get goosebumps when the horn of Helms Deep sounds... one....last.....time

Fell deeds awake!

dynamix
two towers is my fav

Kazenji
Prefer the LOTR movies to the Hobbit movies myself, Just felt like Jackson's heart wasn't it too when he got around to doing the Hobbit movies.

relentless1

actually shit... tie that with Rohan joining the Batte of Pelennor Field; epic speech by Thedoen followed by probably the most epic ride into battle ever put to celluloid

Todd1700
FOTR is my favorite. Despise the hobbit films.

Eon Blue
Fellowship.

Slowpoke
FotR because it has the great Arwen VS Nazgul scenes, I also love TT's battle a lot.

ares834
FotR > RotK > TTT

All three are excellent however.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Slowpoke
FotR because it has the great Arwen VS Nazgul scenes

You just annihilated the book fans with that, lol.

However I agree, Peter Jackson made many fun changes to LotR.

-Pr-
...Like getting rid of so much ****ing singing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Like getting rid of so much ****ing singing.

And eating...

Not all of it, but still. Tolkien described feasts in tiniest details, while giving little shit about epic battles, fights and stuff.

-Pr-
Yeah, that too.

As for the topic, I probably enjoy Two Towers the most. Extended, of course.

Flyattractor
Gawd. I aint seen the LOTR in so long I don't recal which movie I liked best. Book Wise it was Towers Fellowship and ROTK. Hobbit. First Movie and Dragon Part of pt 2. 3rd was pure shit.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You just annihilated the book fans with that, lol.

However I agree, Peter Jackson made many fun changes to LotR.

Some of the changes are not good, but Arwen's characterization was 100 times better than the book. Also I'm a fan of Liv.

BackFire
Probably Fellowship, but Two Towers and RotK are both also outstanding.

Robtard
Fellowship of the Ring

Two Towers

Return of the King

Unexpected Journey

Desolation of Smaug

Battle of the Five Armies

which is your favourite and why?

Agreed with the above, though FoTR and TT are interchangeable to me as I enjoy them both equally, but if I had to pick, FoTR is #1. Used to be TT, but I've changed by mind on subsequent viewings.

It's a perfect adventure/fantasy film. Love the Middle-Earth setting.

BackFire
Originally posted by Robtard
Agreed with the above, though FoTR and TT are interchangeable to me as I enjoy them both equally, but if I had to pick, FoTR is #1. Used to be TT, but I've changed by mind on subsequent viewings.

It's a perfect adventure/fantasy film. Love the Middle-Earth setting.

Yeah this is me, too. I used to like TT best, but over time I've come to appreciate the adventure and world building in FotR, which the other films don't do as well.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah this is me, too. I used to like TT best, but over time I've come to appreciate the adventure and world building in FotR, which the other films don't do as well.

Yeah, but tbf, the world building is done so well in FoTR, the two sequels can kind of ride the first film's coattails there.

Though the Gandalf Vs Balrog falling-fight sequence in TT is ****ing epic to this day.

CGI still looks good 17 years later:
Y2fwe0rnHak

Impediment

BackFire
I think the second Hobbit film is the best one. First one is okay, third one is pretty bad. Really should not have been more than two films.

Flyattractor
Certain bits of Hobbits is good. Most is Meh to Crap.

Insane Titan
Two towers for me.

But king Theodens war cry and charge in ROTK is the best bit in the trilogy.

carthage
Two towers and Return of the King are among two of my favorite films in geneal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.