Problem with Zack Snyder's "Deconstruct Heroes"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Many individuals have talked about this being DCEU's problem. Do ppl hate it? Not really, but they don't like it when it's misused.

Snyder is a big Watchman fan, we got it. Sure it's a very cool comic series, but its formula doesn't fit every superhero, not every hero has to be so dark and gritty. The stories like Watchman, TDKR, Flashpoint and Injustice were popular because they were "fresh and new", twisting and overturning ordinary superhero stories, but when ppl are not even familiar with the ordinary heroes saving the world, it's going to backfire. Ppl don't want to see it in the beginning of the DCEU, BEFORE the hero has raised up and the JL has been formed.

Such overuse of deconstruction further increased the difficulty of bringing the superheroes together. It should be used in later stage rather than the beginning. Ppl dont' want to see a Superman who was deeply feared and hated by the world, a middle aged Batman who went extreme, a Wonder Woman who had given up on humanity. And in JL we saw that Aquaman had strong personal issue with his mother. That's way too much. Also Snyder couldn't handle such story really well because there weren't enough setups, which is why we got "Martha".

Inhuman

BruceSkywalker
Hack Snyder is still making movies????

Flyattractor
I liked Watchmen The Movie.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I liked Watchmen The Movie.

Yes but its formula doesn't fit all the heroes.

Flyattractor
Very true. Which is why the SHOULD NOT HAVE put that Shit Head in charge of their DCEU.

Kazenji
His Dawn of the Dead Remake was also good too.

Putinbot1
Thing is Snyder is stuck in the days of Miracleman, Kingdom Come, V for Vendetta, Watchmen etc. Comics have moved on and they were niche comics then. Most people didn't buy Warrior, that's why it folded.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Thing is Snyder is stuck in the days of Miracleman, Kingdom Come, V for Vendetta, Watchmen etc. Comics have moved on and they were niche comics then. Most people didn't buy Warrior, that's why it folded.

All these comics were popular because they were something special compare to ordinary "save the day" comics. But such formula doesn't fit all heroes and you can't use them when DCEU hasn't been built, the general audience hasn't been familiar with ordinary heroes anymore. It's like MCU making Civil War right after IM1.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Very true. Which is why the SHOULD NOT HAVE put that Shit Head in charge of their DCEU.

Geoff Johns should have been the Kevin of DCEU.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by Slowpoke
All these comics were popular because they were something special compare to ordinary "save the day" comics. But such formula doesn't fit all heroes and you can't use them when DCEU hasn't been built, the general audience hasn't been familiar with ordinary heroes anymore. It's like MCU making Civil War right after IM1. most major heroes have been deconstructed, reconstructed, had other people as the title hero. People who are unfamiliar with a character don't know Snyder's Bat man is inherently flawed as mainstream bat man hasn't used a gun since the 50's regularly. Or perhaps they are too familiar with Reeves and don't want to see a Superman who kills, I know I don't, even though he has more than once in the comics.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Slowpoke
Geoff Johns should have been the Kevin of DCEU.

A block of wood with a turd taped to it would have been a beter choice.

Shit. I would have given it to anyone in the Animated DC Movies Dept.

Slowpoke
Originally posted by Putinbot1
most major heroes have been deconstructed, reconstructed, had other people as the title hero. People who are unfamiliar with a character don't know Snyder's Bat man is inherently flawed as mainstream bat man hasn't used a gun since the 50's regularly. Or perhaps they are too familiar with Reeves and don't want to see a Superman who kills, I know I don't, even though he has more than once in the comics.

I'm ok with Superman has to use lethal force under extreme situation. I'm not fine with the whole "world hate Superman" setting and the terrible characterization of Jonathan Kent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.