Did you know?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kes
The idea is to tell stuff you know about movies. It could be anything, a cameo you spoted, an homage...anything!

Like:

Did you know that the actor originally cast to play Wolverine was Dougray Scott but filming for Mission Impossible ran late and they had to re-cast! smile

Omegaman
Did you know that Nick Nolte was one of the original choices to play Han Solo in Star Wars?

Phoenix
Did you know that Magneto's line in X2 of "When will these people learn how to fly?" is a reference to the fact that both Rogue and Storm could fly in the comics?

Phoenix
Did you know that Rebecca Romijn-cant remember her surname (who played Mystique) had to sit through SEVEN HOURS of makeup?!?!?!?

Phoenix
even Alan cumming only had to sit thru 4...

Kes
Did you know that in x-men after Toad kicks Storm down the elevator shaft, but she rises back up, he says angrily, "Don't you people ever die?" This is in reference to the fact that nearly every member of the X-Men has died at least once in the comics/cartoons, but have come back to life.

Kes
Got some cool ones for The Matrix:Reloaded:
When Neo meets the Oracle she is feeding crows. The number of crows coresponds to a prediction for the future (appropriately enough). She is feeding 5 crows, the symbol of sickness (of the matrix or humanity perhaps). More crows arrive with Smith and 6 or more is a portent of death.

Near the beginning of the film, Agent Smith drives up in an Audi with the license plate "IS 5416". This appears to be yet another Bible reference -- Isaiah Chapter 54, Verse 16 reads as follows: "Behold, I have created the SMITH that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." (Capitals are for emphasis)

Near the beginning of the freeway chase the car containing Morpheus, Trinity and the Keymaker and the van containing the superb "Twins" pass a bilboard. This billboard is advertising steak. Steak was the meal Cypher ate with Smith in the first film.

Kes
In Aliens (the 2nd) during the briefing on the Sulaco Hudson's comment "Someone said alien. She thought they said illegal alien, signed up." was an inside joke. When Jeanette Goldstein was told they were casting a movie titled "Aliens" she thought it was about the U.S/Mexican border. So for her screen test she tried to look and sound as Hispanic as possible. So she was cast as Vasquez. She also played John Conner's foster mother in Terminator II. It's amazing what they can do with makeup. Jeanette Goldstein(Vasquez) is also in another one of Cameron's movies, Titanic. She is the mother of the two kids in the belly of the ship telling them a bedtime story before they die. She did a pretty good Irish accent then as well.

Omegaman
Carrie Fischer was suppose to have the SIssy Spacek role in "Carrie" but Fishcer wouldnt do the nude scenes! SO SPacek got the role in Carrie and Fishcer got the role of her life as Leia in Star Wars ,which SPacek had at the time!

Kes
In Air force one one of the secretaries tells the president she can send a fax to the White House, and he replies something like: "If this works, I'll make you Postmaster General". In the closing credits, she's credited as "Future Postmaster General".

edwinian
Did you know that Indiana Jones and The Lost Ark that when Indy is fighting in the streets he was not supposed to pull out a gun and kill the Ninja- but he did- and they liked the cut so much that they left it in there.

Omegaman
The Horror author with the most of his books made into movies is Stephen King! Edgar Allen Poe is second with 29!

Kes
This was because they had been shoting for awhile in that country and it was really hot, so Harrison Ford got sick and the scene was so big that Harrison had the idea to just shoot the guy and they liked it. big grin

Kes
In the original version of The Ring (the remake) there were scenes featuring a child killer (played by Chris Cooper). Early in the movie the killer is begging Rachel to write a story saying he is rehabilitated and deserves to be freed, and she refuses. At the end of the movie Rachel is scene sending the copy of the tape she made to him. (dont know why they cut that though!)

Kes
In Silance of the lambs: In the cage scene, right before Hannibal kills and eats the guards, he tells them to roll up the drawings. When the guard is doing that, look on the table...there's a copy of Bon Appetit magazine. big grin

brownie
Probably old news to some, but in the Movie Three Men and Baby, Supposedly there was a boy who had killed himself with a shot gun in one the houses they had filmed in (or something to that effect). Anyway when you watch the movie there is a scene in a bedroom. When the camera scans the room you can see an image of a boy standing near the bed with a shot gun beside him.

Kes
It does look like a kid but they say its a poster, those card things of Ted Dawson(sp). The movie was shot in a studio. A spookes person for the studio that relesed the film said so herself.There's no boy.But cool, its very creppy when you watch it with the idea that its a ghost! big grin

brownie
Yeh, he he. I was hoping a few people would get spooked..

Kes
lol big grin Got anymore trivia?

brownie
Did you know that Tom Cruise is originally from a small hick town in KY. Okay not the best, but drawing a blank.

Kes
I didn't know tyhat. I'm not really good at actor trivia unless it's related to movies! smile I know a few real names like Juliane Moore is actually Julia Anne Smith.

brownie
Hmm did not know that. Not much again, but in any car chase in movies, the way they get cars to slide around so fast (around turns and such) is they take off the front brakes. Only the back brakes work.

Kes
You get the same effect if you pul the hand break.big grin smile

brownie
Okay Im bombing here, someone save me..

Kes
lol In Fight club: Paperstreet, as in the street where Tyler and the Narrator live, is a cartographer's tool on maps to signify a street that doesn't exist anywhere except on a map, meaning an imaginary street, or a future planned street. big grin

chico23
ok i got one

Did you know that in the freeway scene in the matrix reloaded the billboards on the freeway have codes for the enter the matrix game on them?

Kes
yeh. cool though.

chico23
Did you know that the voice in "Field of Dreams" is credited at the end of the film as "Himself"?

Kes
Got lots from Matrix:Reloaded! When Neo is taken by the agents for interrogation in the first movie, we can see a shot of him in the interrogation room from an array of television sets, which zoom in. That's the same array of television sets from the Architect's room.
One night on the 2 mile stretch of highway made for the movie, a security guard decided to race his car up and down when no one was around. He did, but he totalled his car and instead of telling anyone, he just ran off and was never seen again. (A little bit of info from Keanu Reeves on an interview on the Tonight Show).
The 'twin' characters are non-film actors, but carpenters by trade, whose only other screened work was on UK TV programme Carol Vorderman's Better Homes (DIY show). They have done some stunt work, but got the part when the makers of the film were looking for identical male twins who were both skilled in martial arts. smile

Kes
No. Thats knew!big grin Dont even remember a voice. Have to watch the movie again.stick out tongue

chico23
you know the voice

"If you build it they will come."

Kes
Isn't that James Earl Jones?!shifty

BackFire349
the cult horror movie cannibal holocaust is the second highest grossing film of all time in japan, behind ET

BackFire349
in one flew over the cuckoos nest, when mcmurphy begins to strangle nurse ratchet, his beany hat is off, but when the camera changes its on.

Kes
Thats a mistake not trivia. Ah..well its cool too! smileAnd I also know lots of those! :P

BackFire349
texas chainsaw massacre had 2 other titles they were going to use before they decided on the current one, HeadCheese and Leatherface.

chico23
wow headcheese is that true? Thats too funny

BackFire349
yeah its true.

Kes
In the scream of the demon being thrown out of Linda Blair was actually created by recording squealing pigs being driven into slaughter.

BackFire349
when Texas chainsaw massacre was first released, some people fainted and other walked out in a state of shock.

BackFire349
m. night shaylaman wrote the script for stuart little

Kes
Really?! lol

Kes
Weak!stick out tongue

BackFire349
george romero, the creator of night of the living dead, dawn of the dead and day of the dead was set to write and direct resident evil the movie, but when he handed in his script the studio rejected it and fired him, claiming it was too "zombie oriented".

Kes
Well considering the title of his other movies i say they were probably right! lol

Kes
The actor that playes leaderface from the texas chainsaw massacre didn't came back for the sequels.He asked to much cash.

BackFire349
well considering how crappy resident evil was, and how great romeros other zombie movies are, they were wrong.

Kes
Well i dont consider resident evil a movie about zombies i consider it a movie about the people. I see you have a thing for zombies! lol I really liked resident evil.

BackFire349
the romero script was infinitely better. woulda had more humanity, more zombies, more scares, better characters, and more unique. but i guess they wanted a generic movie to apeal to the masses instead of a good one tha twouldnt have been as popular.

Kes
Well this movie is kinda about treason(sp). i like the characters, specially Rain. Its resident evil, it would always apeal. lol I dont really consider this tipe of movies horror. i consider them bloody! lol

BackFire349
it was nothing like the game, the game is horror, thus it shoulda been a horror movie, which romeros script was.

Kes
lol the game is a game. i only saw alittle of one game but you know they have to adapt. it cant be the same. it also depends on what you consider horror. horror to me is something that gives me chills and makes the hair in my arms stand up. gut , blood and disfigurated (sp) people dont do it for me.

BackFire349
i think thats everyones definition of horror.

Kes
yeh. what i ment (sp) is that blood, guts being rip of doesnt do it for me! like i think its a joke to consider scream a horror movie!

BackFire349
as do i. i love gore though, it doesnt scare me, but its fun to watch.

Kes
speaking of gore...Army of darkness (i think thats the name ) is on know! lol its with bruce cam something and the women from that crappy robin williams movie bicentenial man(sp).

BackFire349
great movie.

Kes
it was funny! lol i liked it!

noodles
Did you know that Tom Selleck was the original choice to play Indiana Jones, and that Jeff Bridges was the first actor in mind to play Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

Kes
cool! thank good both changed their minds!big grin

Kes
Did you know Ewan McGregor was offered , but turned down, the part of Neo. Val Kilmer was at one time attached to play Morpheus.

Will Smith was approached to play Neo but turned it down in order make Wild Wild West (1999).

LOSERS!

Omegaman
Frank Sinatra was to play Dirty Harry Callahan in the "Dirty Harry" movies but turned it down. John Wayne also turned it down! Can you imagine any but Eastwood doing Dirty Harry??

Kes
Yes I dont really like Eastwood! lol jk

Anonymo
Val Kilmer is pretty cool. I liked the SAINT. Ewan McGregor as Neo, I just can't imagine it.

Man, I wonder if the Matrix would have been better with Will Smith? I guess we'll never know.

What do u guys(gals) think?

Kes
Camt imagine any other way! But Smith is to goofy. Keanu has a mistery aura (sp) around him!stick out tongue
Not big Kilmer fan! And cant really seem him as the leader or father figure! erm

ChinaNiki
Did you know that the nurse in Shakespeare In Love is also in Twelfth Night? At the end of SIL the Queen requests a comedy for the Twelfth Night holiday. She's also in Much Ado About Nothing. I don't know what her name is. reading big grin

Godshinto
I didn't know that intresting

Did you know that there were more than 20 glitches continuity issues in the movie Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

sk8stuff09
DID YOU KNOW THAT HARRY POTTER MOVIES ARE MOVIES? Happy Dance blink whistle

Godshinto
alright so you're telling me that Harry Potter isn't real I can't believe that http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

ChinaNiki
Did you know Alanis Morisette was in 2 Jay and Silent Bob movies? eek!

Kes
No never seen them. I know she is in another (when she was younger). Cant remeber the name. She singsstick out tongue

ChinaNiki
She was on something on Nickelodeon

Godshinto
did you know the 3rd installment of X-men isn't supposed to come out untill 2006

ChinaNiki
2006?! That sucks! They should have done it like LOTR or Star Wars with a new one coming out every year or couple of years.

Kes
Well the x-men isn't exactly like LOTR or Star wars. Both movies already had a storie line and the contracts with the actors involved all movies. The x-men was a 2year contract but would only have a 2nd movie if the 1st 1 did ok. Now the actors and the director want to different things and they have to get them to sign contracts and stuffmessed

Godshinto
Yhea like Kes said LOTR and Star Wars took several years to write it took Steven Speilberg nearly half of a life time to finish the 6 movies. LOTR wasn't written to be made into a movie, but with a little work that's how it turned out. X men is a great series of movies but they decided to totally rewrite the series although th new x-men cartoon series should help them develope the charachters and make for a better movie, but it also takes longer for them to write a movie.

Kes
Yeh they have to manipulate 40years(if I not mistaken) of x-men history.
And not disapoint the fans and make it compreensable for the non-comics fans smile

Ushgarak
Errr... Star Wars is out every three years... so that is the SAME time frame for X-Men!

Godshinto
Exactly, they made a problem for them selfs though by making the cartoon series t'll be harder for them to come up with origional ideas.

Ushgarak
Yup... but still it is the same time frame as Star Wars so that comparison really isn't working!

Kes
Did you know none of the Angels carry or use guns in this sequel because Drew is for gun control.

Just trying to keep us on topic big grin

Ushgarak
Well, mine was on-topic if you look at it as in

"Did you know the X-Men films are coming out with the same regularity as the Star Wars films and the only reason LOTR comes out quicker is because they shot it all at once?"

Heh.

Anyway, how weird... is she not for beating-people-up control then?

Godshinto
I thought they used guns in the Bike scene could be mistaken though it's kind of hard to interpret alot of action alot of movement and they all had their helmets on anyways.

Kes
Yeh they sure do that a lot stick out tongue

Kes
This isn't a did you knew per say cos everybody knows this but its cool!
There's a scene where Bruce Willis is killed by ex-Angel Madison Lee. Demi Moore is Bruce Willis's ex-wife in real life.

Ushgarak
I mean, on the idea that good guys are going to be violent in a film, one ASSUMES as they are good guys they would use their talents responsbily... I don't see why them carrying guns is any more reprehensible than them putting people in casuality and what-not with their fists, it hardly sets a better impression!

Oh well...

Godshinto
Where they Husband and Wife when the shot this film because if hey were that would be a good sign of what was to come.

Kes
No they've been divorced for a while know.

Kes
Well atleast they are not showing that carring guns is cool Thou Moores guns are very cool stick out tongue
learn kung-Fu and kick but lol

Heres anothere from the Angels:
Bill Murray did not reprise his roll as Bosley in the film because of a massive fallout with Lucy Liu during the filming of the first film. He vowed that he would never work with her again.

mardook
Drew Barrymore once auditioned for Poltergeist but Steven Speilberg eflt she wasn't right for the part. He instead put her in E.T.

I tried!

hehe
big grin

mardook
Did you know... Robert Picardo who plays the Doctor on ST: Voyager played Mucklebones Meg in Ridley Scott's Legend.

Here's more.
Did you know Dougray Scott was in Deep Impact!? His character was romantically involved with Tea Leoni's character but those scenes got cut.
Did you know that in the original directors cut of Alien 3, prisoner Golic releases the captured alien from the storage hold and gets killed by it.

smile

Godshinto
Did you know? That since Jackie Chan does almost all of his own stunts even at his ripe old age of 49 he still keps up with the best of them, and that he has broken almost every bone in his body.

Kes
Yeh Jackie jumped from one bulding to the balcony(sp) of another in one of is movies stick out tongue

bigbadbike2
Speaing of Jackie Chan did you know he made Chris Tucker learn to do all his own stunts in Rush hour 2.

bigbadbike2
Did you knoe that Field of Dreams is the same movie as The Wizard of Oz. Same screen shots (different things but the exact same angle). Same metaphors. Every scene is Field of Dreams is based on a scene from the Wizard of Oz.

Kes
Cool. Never noticed thou messed

bigbadbike2
An english teacher discussed this in a class for 4 weeks. Then everyone had to write an essay on it.

Kes
messed wow interesting education sistem.

bigbadbike2
Yeah I wasn't even in the class and I went in to hear this.

-=Urot=-
Did you know in The Phantom Menance sets were built only as high as the tops of the actors' heads and computer graphics filled in the rest. But Liam Neeson was so tall that he cost the set crew an extra $150,000 in construction.

They could have saved the money, cuz it was still crap! laughing out loud

Godshinto
Did you know. That in the movie Three men and a baby there's a gohst on the set, and it's in the movie it looks like a little kid.

diegocala
The woman Mr. Pink throws out of the car in the chase scene in Reservoir Dogs is the same woman who gets shot in the street by Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction

Kes
I heared about that, some say it's the son of the ppl that lived in the hoisu. That he died in an accident with a gun but it's BS. What we see his a cardboard of Ted Danson that was left there from a previouse scene. The movie was shot in a studio.

skule
Ok i had originally put this in the termintor dedicated forum but i shall put it here too smile

Originally there was no female terminator character for T3, it was a male terminator model T-1G, one of the actors thought of for that role/model was Vin Diesel. But they decided on a female terminator TX with kristana loken instead.

Claire Danes was not the original actress casted as Johns Wife, but the original actress(cant remeber whom) was deemed to young for the role.

In the original Terminator movie, arnie was casted as Kyle Reeses role, and Lance Hendrikson (spelling) was casted as the terminator. Arnie liked the terminator role better so he got it.

And originally Terminator arnie was meant to say "ill come back" but it was changed to "i'll be back" eventually.

Kes
From dusk till dawn:
(BF should know this one big grin ) Sex Machine is played by none other than splatter king Tom Savini. He's the special effects king known for his work on numerous horror films including Night Of The Living Dead and Creepshow.
During the whole movie, the "son" of Harvey Keitel wears a T- Shirt with a "Precinct 13"- print on it. This is a reference to John Carpenter's movie "Assault on precinct 13". The story of this movie is in some aspects quite similar to that of "From Dusk Till Dawn": A small group of people is closed together in a building and has to defend it against a majority of enemies waiting on the outside during one night.

Kes
Gone in 60seconds:
When Nick Cage is getting into an argument with the black gang Vinnie Jones comes in and saves the day. He does his signature move once given to a soccer opponent. He slams his hand down, grabs the guy's balls and lifts up. The pic of the football game is on his website.

mardook
The Legend of Zelda games were inspired by the Ridley Scott directed Legend.
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.