"Malachor was a DS nexus" debunked by Matt Martin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheIndyJedi
After years of Kbroskywalker/Rockydonovang trying to hype Ahsoka up by claiming her showings against Vader and Maul were impressive as they were both "amped" by a darkside nexus without no real evidence , somebody finally tweeted to Matt Martin about his stance on nexuses in canon.

BestDebaterEver
ayy lmao

TenebrousWay
They don't even know what a nexus is, don't know why'd ask that, lmao.

HP Legend
Good it's been confirmed that nothing more than conjecture supported it.

TheIndyJedi
Yup

Galan007
Tbf, he didn't formally 'debunk' anything there.

Darth Thor
He debunked that anythings factual regarding combat advantages on a Canon Nexus specific to Sith or Jedi.

The source used as evidence from the Ahsoka camp was Henry Gilroy. Yet even he was clearly unsure, and stated to clarify from Filoni. And even he only applied to the flight abilities.

Most importantly he clarified ideas in Filoni/Gilroys minds are not canon until specifically made canon.

All we need now is for someone to ask Matt if Maul flailed backwards against Ahsoka due to her clear superiority, And watch him reply: ???

DarthCaedus77
Originally posted by HP Legend
Good it's been confirmed that nothing more than conjecture supported it.

Galan007
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He debunked that anythings factual regarding combat advantages on a Canon Nexus specific to Sith or Jedi.

The source used as evidence from the Ahsoka camp was Henry Gilroy. Yet even he was clearly unsure, and stated to clarify from Filoni. And even he only applied to the flight abilities.

Most importantly he clarified ideas in Filoni/Gilroys minds are not canon until specifically made canon.

All we need now is for someone to ask Matt if Maul flailed backwards against Ahsoka due to her clear superiority, And watch him reply: ??? Nothing in his tweet was stated as incontrovertible fact, though. Hence: "I wasn't in the room for those discussions so I can't speak to it."

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Galan007
Nothing in his tweet was stated as incontrovertible fact, though. Hence: "I wasn't in the room for those discussions so I can't speak to it."

Yes but hes also basically saying, that even if he was there, ideas like that being tossed around are not canon. And that it hasnt made it into any official source as far as hes aware.

Galan007
Not "necessarily" truth were his exact words.

Again, nothing in that tweet formally debunks anything. Dude outright says that he wasn't present for the discussions, so he can't speak to the implications one way or the other.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor

Selenial
It's just a cluster**** to be honest. Chee seems to think author statements and opinions hold canonical weight, whereas the vast majority of authors I've seen comment on things (including Martin, Boyd and Karpyshyn) all think their opinions don't mean squat.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Selenial
Chee seems to think author statements and opinions hold canonical weight,

Wasnt that with the Old Canon? Now its all down to the story group I believe.

TheIndyJedi
Well point is, Rocky/Kbro can't overhype Ahsoka anymore as he doesn't have any definitive proof that she contended with Vader and Maul on a DS nexus

Darth Thor
^ He never did have any lol. But that never stopped him.

He still claims Ahsoka forced Maul back due to her superiority.

Zenwolf
Also frankly guys, I think there's way too much stock being put into these people's words when it comes to SW. Yeah, I get it these guys are authors of certain things/stories, but when they don't really give a clear answer then that should tell you something. SW seems to be the only one where I constantly see people bug the authors about every little thing.

Darth Thor
^ Hes not an author. Hes part of the story group.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Hes not an author. Hes part of the story group.

Author/Story group, my point is the same.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Author/Story group, my point is the same.

Yeah but I think the Story Group guys should be expected to answer questions. Novelists on the other hand... The kind of questions fans ask is probably beyond most of them.

TheNuisanceBird

NewGuy01
They're both probably underrated.

Rockydonovang
--

Rockydonovang
Tbf, he didn't formally 'debunk' anything there.
Yeah, well, critical thinking becomes comfirmation bias when you try to fit the evidence into desired conclusions.

Anyway, here. Since screenplay writing is hard, i'll spend a few seconds to clear this up by reposting the link I've posted but people have undoubtedly refused to read multiple times with because it doesn't align with the world view of sw powersets that they've become emotionally attached to.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/do-nexuses-exist-in-canon-1908650/

Notice the use of multiple offical sources . As always if contrary evidence is provided, then i'm open to this being debunked. But asking a dude a question and disregarding when he claims he isn't sure is the height of cognitive dissonance.

Oh and here's another source posted in the comments:

Galan007
Like I said: Martin didn't formally debunk anything with this particular Twitter post. Directing a faux-intellectual rant towards me doesn't change that.

As mentioned, in the same breath Martin explicitly stated that he wasn't present for the discussions, so he couldn't speak to the implications either way. Therefore, his statement should not be construed as incontrovertible fact... Quite the opposite, actually.

I don't have a stake in this whole 'nexus debate' one way or the other(literally couldn't care less.) Again, I am just commenting on the inadmissibility of this specific post of his.

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Yeah, well, critical thinking becomes comfirmation bias when you try to fit the evidence into desired conclusions.

Anyway, here. Since screenplay writing is hard, i'll spend a few seconds to clear this up by reposting the link I've posted but people have undoubtedly refused to read multiple times with because it doesn't align with the world view of sw powersets that they've become emotionally attached to.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/do-nexuses-exist-in-canon-1908650/

Notice the use of multiple offical sources . As always if contrary evidence is provided, then i'm open to this being debunked. But asking a dude a question and disregarding when he claims he isn't sure is the height of cognitive dissonance.

There is still no evidence in canon that these so called "darkside nexuses" hinder lightside users

Rockydonovang
Like I said: Martin didn't formally debunk anything with this particular Twitter post. Directing a faux-intellectual rant towards me doesn't change that.

Wasn't directed at you. I should have used better pronounds, lol.

Rockydonovang
--

Galan007
Wasn't directed at you. I should have used better pronounds, lol. Lol, no worries. thumb up

TheIndyJedi
I will delete this post now, its kinda cringeworthy

Galan007
Huh?

TheIndyJedi
I didnt know you cant delete posts on kmc wow

Darth Thor

Using official sources doesn't make you right.

Matt Martin is also an official source.

Point is nobody official (and no official source) has confirmed anything regarding the matter.

Rockydonovang
/thread.

TheIndyJedi
/thread.

Point still stands though. I have seen many of your posts on CV regarding Ahsoka helding her own against Maul and Vader on "a darkside nexus". Even if darkside nexuses exist in canon, we have no way to gauge how powerful they are as compared to the legends version of nexuses, we also don't know if they hinder light side users. But judging from the episode itself, it clearly doesn't, as Ahsoka was doing just fine against Maul and Vader. (unless there is some kind of PIS involved like in virtually every Rebels episode)

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
After years of Kbroskywalker/Rockydonovang trying to hype Ahsoka up by claiming her showings against Vader and Maul were impressive as they were both "amped" by a darkside nexus without no real evidence , somebody finally tweeted to Matt Martin about his stance on nexuses in canon.

Malachor V is both a Dark Side nexus and a Wound in The Force.

When Bao-Dur's Mass Shadow Generator was activated, it cleansed most of the Force on the planet, but it was not strong enough to penetrate Trayus Academy's structure. And this is why there is still the presence of the darkness felt in that place.

HP Legend
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Malachor V is both a Dark Side nexus and a Wound in The Force.

When Bao-Dur's Mass Shadow Generator was activated, it cleansed most of the Force on the planet, but it was not strong enough to penetrate Trayus Academy's structure. And this is why there is still the presence of the darkness felt in that place.

This thread is about canon not Legends...

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by HP Legend
This thread is about canon not Legends...

Ok...?

But, still, most people don't know that.

Zenwolf
You know thinking about Malachor in the D canon sense, anyone else notice that in all of Rebels, many of the planets were...very bland and uninteresting?

HP Legend
You know thinking about Malachor in the D canon sense, anyone else notice that in all of Rebels, many of the planets were...very bland and uninteresting?

Yeah. The planets are very reflective of the overall show.

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
^ S7.

Well the scripts were written long ago when TCW was in production, so hopefully its good.

Freedon Nadd

I want to see a canon series about a Force sensitive serial killer who kills other non/Force sensitive serial killers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.