The Last Stand's FX was impressive back in 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-Continuity
I know only few purists and X-Men fans love the movie.
Anyway, to me it's a bleak and brilliant superhero movie which deconstructed the X-Men in a very provocative way.

I can understand the criticism, however.

I opened this thread to talk about the FX. It was stunning and impressive.

The "whirlwind punch" of Storm was wonderful and perfect from an FX standpoint.

The sequence in which Phoenix destroys the Grey's house and Xavier's body was terrific, frightening and groundbreaking.

I think the special effects of this movie are amazing, and mind you, it was produced in 2006.

-Pr-
I can't remember hating much about the FX, though I think the de-ageing wasn't great.

X-Continuity
Originally posted by -Pr-
I can't remember hating much about the FX, though I think the de-ageing wasn't great.

Well, it was almost the first time they used that in movies, and it looked very good, if not great.

Mind you, it was 4 years before "Tron: Legacy".

-Pr-
I honestly thought it didn't look good at all, but otherwise, I liked the FX in the movie. And of course the makeup. Beast still holds up today.

X-Continuity
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly thought it didn't look good at all, but otherwise, I liked the FX in the movie. And of course the makeup. Beast still holds up today.

Wow, Beast ruled!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.